Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: College Football 2009

Fuck, it is finally almost here. Goodbye baseball, boxing, etc.

There will be a lot of this going on this season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO8Wf0VKip4

It looks like I will be in the Georgia Dome Saturday night.

Oh and Rich Rodriguez

Motherfucker he was so close to being our coach, thank you Mrs. Rich Rodriguez for telling your husband you didn't want to come to Alabama. People down here literally send her Christmas cards.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rich Rodriguez is an ass even at West Virginia when he had about 10 players I really liked, I didn't like Rich Rodriguez. I never knew that about it being the wife that spurned Alabama for Rodriguez, I don't remember it all but was Saban even being talked about as an option for Alabama before bolting Miami or did that come out of nowhere like Petrino packing up after week 14 of the NFL season to go to Arkansas?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes it was almost a done deal for Rich to us, glad it didn't happen. There was some speculation for a while with Saban coming to us, that's where he got ripped so much cause he said he wasn't coming at some press conference when he was still at Miami, like he was the first to do that. Speculation built for a while but I didn't believe it all till like two days before they hired him.

Anyway V Tech really doesn't scare me that much (we are death to run on, Tyrod Taylor better be an improved passer) but starting to get a bit worried anyway. There's some speculation that Julio Jones and Mark Ingram won't play, some deal where they went on a fishing trip in the summer, even though the guy wasn't a booster and is apparently an Auburn fan, there's still speculation they might get suspended for a game. We have multiple swine flu cases and our starting DE got shot last night in an attempted robbery. Shot in the arm, he's in good condition but I can't see him playing.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

shit, that was painful to watch for a while. LOL we had 498 yards to like 160 and were down 17-16 going into the fourth quarter, if there was a way to fuck up we did it. Thankfully we woke up and kicked ass.

I saw Cal won. Nice retaliation for that early game at Maryland last year, starting at 10 eastern last night. They would have won anyway though.

Oklahoma

I sat in a bar yesterday with a bunch of Georgia fans, I've never seen a more frustrated group, haha, it was hilarious.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ouma,

Yalls RB was an absolute beast yesterday. OU probably wins that game with Gresham and Bradford but either way they did not reload this year as some thought they wood and unfortunately it looks like the damn mormons are legit. My old man and uncle played at OSU so we root for them. When Georgia scored right off the bat I was like shit here we go again, but suprisingly the defense played lights out from there on.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

El Kabong Guest

Well I'm glad ECU only had to play 4 quarters....our secondary played horrible!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was rooting for Coffee. Fucking Oregon, the 4th best running back in the Pac 10 (not even close to the best like ESPN has said a couple times) goes psycho afterwards. My man Masoli didn't put up the numbers he's capable of, City College of San Francisco product I always root for those.

Cal might have the best secondary in the nation. I'd be interested to hear who is any better.

El Kabong Guest

YAY Boise St.!!!! That dumb motherfucker for Oregon runs for -5 yards the entire game and then figures that punching an opposing player AND trying to fight the opposing fans would make his night better.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm pretty sure that if they played the last game of the year instead of the first game of the year, the result would be different. You never know with Oregon or Cal quite what to expect season to season besides like 8 wins. Obviously Blunt is stupid, but hopefully he can learn from this and work to be a monster at the combine.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oklahoma wasn't playing well with Bradford, of course Gresham was out which doesn't help cause he's a player.

Other than that its hard to say about most teams. I wasn't surprised OK State beat Georgia but I was surprised they held them to 10 as I thought last year they were kind of awful defensively.

Ohio State looked underwhelming as hell, I'm picking USC to go in and win even with a true freshman QB.

We have more weapons than we did last year. Its just a matter of our new line and QB continuing to play well. Cause we have two WR's in Maze and Hanks to complement Julio whereas last year we just had Julio, we have two TE's who can catch the ball and two monsters at HB, more people know about Ingram after Saturday but Roy Upchurch is good too, dude gets in the open field and tries to eat people's children, he ran right at a few people just so he could hit somebody.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was veyr impressed with Okie State. The offense will be there for them this season and if their defense can keep teams to 21 points they will be a real force. They have Texas and Tech (which didn't like nearly as good) @ home. With Oklahoma probably going to a much more run/defense oriented gameplan w/o Bradfodr I think OSU has to be even with Texas in terms of winning the B12. How about Mizzou looking pretty good against Illinois though?
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't really see any of the Mizzou game so I don't know.

Miami-Florida St. Oh well its a Monday night I'll probably watch.

Georgia fans were so pissed during that game, the bar almost exploded when Georgia got a penalty for blowing up a OK. State WR in the second half on a third down which helped lead to State going up 24-10. If you watched the game you probably know the play I'm talking about. I told them every ref was gonna call that BS rule or not, nobody agreed with me.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

FSU-Miami was actually a very good game

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My two favorite teams are and will always be LSU and Notre-Dame, LSU because of the french background over here and the Irish because, well, they were irish with grits in when the team got founded. I must admit though that I don't follow that much collegial football by lack of time and the system of the bowls is quite confusing, even To a North American like me.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Expert analysis of the Alabama-VT game (sadly this is not me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQcX6X0M7F4

Thread Information