Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sakio Bika v. Allan Green on the PBF/Marquez undercard?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sakio Bika v. Allan Green on the PBF/Marquez undercard?

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

But Allan Green also has a suspect chin, and he hasn't beaten anyone worth mentioning. Atleast Sakio Bika has been in there with some of the top Super Middleweights, and i thought he was punching straighter against Peter Manfredo, until he went crazy on him at the end.
    How is Green's chin suspect? Miranda was able to floor a legitimately ill and very weight drained Green, but he still couldn't stop him.

Bika is a huge underdog if this fight comes off.
    did you not see the DeLeon fight? Green was rocked on several occasions in the first round, IMO this is a very winnable fight for Bika if Green gets stupid and tries to trade, but i expect Green to outbox him
    I saw that fight but I don't recall Green ever being in any serious trouble. I'm not saying it's impossible, I just don't remember it that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    underestimate bika at your peril

Sure the guy is limited on natural talent but he more than makes up for it with heart and determination.

If green has his head screwed on he should be able to take a good points win...he sure as hell aint stopping him though
    Codrington almost stopped him. Green can (and will) stop him.
    bika is the middles answer to your carlos baldomirs or lovemore n`dou`s

sure he`ll mix it with the very best of them, but as long as your a half decent fighter you should at the very least be able to take it on points

Green will take a comfortable decision, if however he takes it via KO then he more than deserves another world title shot
    i REALLY doubt this will ever go to a decision..

it comes down to the simple idea that if green can land shots while bika is swinging wildly then he will KO bika.. If bika lands some of those shots then green will be dropped.. both of these guys throw bombs, and although green is a better boxer i still don't think he'll be able to avoid getting baited into bika's wide punches and trying to land some hard ones..

to be honest, i think green could outbox him for 12 rounds and stay away from him, but we all know that won't happen and then green will be mixing it up with him.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man, I can't find Allan Green-Donnie McCrary on Youtube. Allan must have secretly acquired large amounts of shares of Youtube.

That fight should have been stopped really, Green was out on his feet.

I think you can say hmm look at Sakio Bika-Jaidon Codrington and now put Allan Green in there, Allan will win but I think its imperative to never underestimate the crappiness of Allan Green. Bika will give him no time to look at his feet. I could see him weathering the early storm and grinding Allan down brutally. Its not like Green is that slick defensively and you can see through his chin.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair, Stevens was a huge puncher in the amateurs who did to a lot of guys what he did to Green there. That's why Andre Dirrell gave him so much respect in their bout and that was the smartest thing Dirrell could have done. Well maybe he could have engaged a little more, but Stevens was supposed to be the next great Brownsville fighter when he turned pro and before his first loss, he was a big deal.

With that said, Green's chin is DEFINITELY shakey as that's been proven a bunch. De Leon had him hurt bad in their bout and he responded nicely but I pick Bika here. Green has disappointed to many times just looking terrible. For every bout he has like against Codrington and Bonsante he has one like he had versus Miranda, McCrary (Ouma is right it should have been stopped), Emmit Linton and Rubin Williams. If you have any faith in Green I suggest watching the last two fights, just no drive in either of those fights and he looked just absolutely awful in both.

Until he proves me wrong, Green gets his bubble busted here just on sheer will and volition imo. Bika will keep coming and Green will be there, and btw Green has no problem being caught with those looping shots that's what he has been caught with his whole career.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

But Allan Green also has a suspect chin, and he hasn't beaten anyone worth mentioning. Atleast Sakio Bika has been in there with some of the top Super Middleweights, and i thought he was punching straighter against Peter Manfredo, until he went crazy on him at the end.
    How is Green's chin suspect? Miranda was able to floor a legitimately ill and very weight drained Green, but he still couldn't stop him.

did you not see the DeLeon fight? Green was rocked on several occasions in the first round, IMO this is a very winnable fight for Bika if Green gets stupid and tries to trade, but i expect Green to outbox him
    I actually thought he took the punches pretty well. De Leon isn't world class. But he can bang

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

I actually thought he took the punches pretty well. De Leon isn't world class. But he can bang
    I was at that fight and at no time was Deleon in it.

I may be in the minority here but I like Green. That said, Green definitely needs to prove that he can walk the walk and not just talk the talk. Bika is a big step-up in competition. Green's first real big fight. I think it is a perfect opportunity. He gets a strap if he wins and gets a lot of exposure from fighting on a PBF card. Who will he fight with who has as big of a name as Bika?

Bika has looked good in his last few fights albeit against lesser competition and he is a tough sob. I don't see Green knocking him out. I could see Green dominating on the cards, but Bika has the potential at any moment to hurt Green. And Bika's only losses have come against better fighters than Green: Bute, Calzaghe and Soliman in his prime, which was avenged; fighters who also have much different styles than Green.

The four fighters left out of the tournament: Bika, Green, Bute, and Andrade should all fight eachother if they can't participate in the tournament. As of now, Bute is fighting Andrade in the Fall and Green may fight Bika. My initial reaction is Green beats Bika on the cards and Bute beats Andrade on the cards with the winners fighting in Montreal in the beginning of 2010 in a huge fight.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 07-28-2009 at 07:58 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Green needs to quit staring at his shoes,get some fiber,and fight period.Loosing precious time and almost an after thought with inactivity.Bikas a serious threat and might just pull this out if he rushes him early.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFan View Post
    Should be a good fight. I'm rooting for Bika mainly because I can't stand Green. He talks too much for me...especially for a guy who hasn't even beat a top 10 guy. Green could very well win the fight and make it look easy but give me Bika.

His chin is a bit suspect. Curtis Stevens had him all over the place in the amateurs. The knockdown against Stevens is similar to the knockdown he suffered against McCrary...once he's hit he kinda freezes and get's hit with numerous shots. Fast forward to 4:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg_Ox1GOACw
    Yeah he got knocked down and rocked but then he got up and still won the fight. It doesn't matter if he goes down I think he's already shown on more then one occasion that even if he gets knocked down it doesn't cause him to give up and he gets up and wins.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    I was at that fight and at no time was Deleon in it.

I may be in the minority here but I like Green. That said, Green definitely needs to prove that he can walk the walk and not just talk the talk. Bika is a big step-up in competition. Green's first real big fight. I think it is a perfect opportunity. He gets a strap if he wins and gets a lot of exposure from fighting on a PBF card. Who will he fight with who has as big of a name as Bika?

Bika has looked good in his last few fights albeit against lesser competition and he is a tough sob. I don't see Green knocking him out. I could see Green dominating on the cards, but Bika has the potential at any moment to hurt Green. And Bika's only losses have come against better fighters than Green: Bute, Calzaghe and Soliman in his prime, which was avenged; fighters who also have much different styles than Green.

The four fighters left out of the tournament: Bika, Green, Bute, and Andrade should all fight eachother if they can't participate in the tournament. As of now, Bute is fighting Andrade in the Fall and Green may fight Bika. My initial reaction is Green beats Bika on the cards and Bute beats Andrade on the cards with the winners fighting in Montreal in the beginning of 2010 in a huge fight.
    They are as far as I know.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only fight i saw bika look terrible in was the bute fight. Bute beat him pillar to post.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Allan Green would destroy Bika, he's a better boxer, with better power. He'd throw straight punches in between Bika's looping haymakers and just ruin him IMO. It would be ugly for Bika fans (if any exist).
    What the hell did Bika do to you? Fuck your daughter or something!?

I'd say it would be a very good fight and a pretty competitive fight considering how Miranda faired against Green.

Jaidon Codrington has a style and speed similiar to Green, and loads of power too, and Bika had a shoot out with him and ended up destroying him.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was about to say the same about the style matchup. Bika will have a chance in the fight for sure.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerFan View Post
    Should be a good fight. I'm rooting for Bika mainly because I can't stand Green. He talks too much for me...especially for a guy who hasn't even beat a top 10 guy. Green could very well win the fight and make it look easy but give me Bika.

His chin is a bit suspect. Curtis Stevens had him all over the place in the amateurs. The knockdown against Stevens is similar to the knockdown he suffered against McCrary...once he's hit he kinda freezes and get's hit with numerous shots. Fast forward to 4:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg_Ox1GOACw
    Yeah he got knocked down and rocked but then he got up and still won the fight. It doesn't matter if he goes down I think he's already shown on more then one occasion that even if he gets knocked down it doesn't cause him to give up and he gets up and wins.
    But he's been knocked down and hurt by fighters, like Donny McCrary. Now fighters of that level Allan Green can get up, survive and win against. But can he do it against a dangerous fighter like Sakio Bika ?

Im not sure about that Allan Green hasn't ever fought anyone, except for Edison Miranda who himself has been exposed as very overrated. And Allan Green got beat pretty bad in that fight, now i don't know all about the troubles Allan Green had, all i know is he got floored twice and was beaten handily on the scorecards. I just can't see Allan Green managing to stay away from Sakio Bika, for 10 or 12 rounds however long the fight is scheduled for.

And once he gets clocked its all over, because Sakio Bika has power and from what i've seen. He has good finishing instincts. And Allan Green has a suspect chin like i've said earlier in this thread, i've just never been sold on Allan Green. I've always thought he was overrated, Sakio Bika may not be an elite world class fighter. But he has attributes that will trouble Allan Green.
    Last edited by ICB; 07-29-2009 at 02:26 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Allan Green would destroy Bika, he's a better boxer, with better power. He'd throw straight punches in between Bika's looping haymakers and just ruin him IMO. It would be ugly for Bika fans (if any exist).

I'd say it would be a very good fight and a pretty competitive fight considering how Miranda faired against Green.

Jaidon Codrington has a style and speed similiar to Green, and loads of power too, and Bika had a shoot out with him and ended up destroying him.

Bika did nothing to me, I don't dislike him at all. However, the weaknesses in his game are glaring and Green is the right type of fighter to expose them.

The Miranda fight is always used to discredit Green, but, in addition to being weight-drained, he has a completely legitimate excuse regarding that fight in that they removed something like 85% of his colon following the match because of an existing medical condition.

Codrington isn't half the fighter Green is either and he almost had Bika finished early in their fight.

I can't believe I'm defending Green here, I can't stand the guy.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

Bika did nothing to me, I don't dislike him at all. However, the weaknesses in his game are glaring and Green is the right type of fighter to expose them.

The Miranda fight is always used to discredit Green, but, in addition to being weight-drained, he has a completely legitimate excuse regarding that fight in that they removed something like 85% of his colon following the match because of an existing medical condition.

Codrington isn't half the fighter Green is either and he almost had Bika finished early in their fight.

I can't believe I'm defending Green here, I can't stand the guy.
    I was just about to say something more about Codrington then I realized that it was Allen Green who knocked him out in 30 seconds and almost killed him a couple years ago.

lol
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information