Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Poor poor Chris Arreola

There is no way "The Nightmare" Arreola is gonna have what it takes for the tougher of the two Klitch's but it will be great while it lasts.

V. Klitschko, Arreola reach deal
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Poor poor Chris Arreola

well there goes another HBO hype machine, he will lose in 6 rounds but i think of the two that will lose first i think Vitali would so maybe Chris may shock us but then again i doubt it
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arreloa needed more fights before he was "ready" to fight the brothers. His exciting style will just have him moving into shots Vitali throws at him. Maybe if he gets into shape he will have a better shot but he's way too pudgy to compete with the physicality of Vitali.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by C-Lo View Post
    Arreloa needed more fights before he was "ready" to fight the brothers. His exciting style will just have him moving into shots Vitali throws at him. Maybe if he gets into shape he will have a better shot but he's way too pudgy to compete with the physicality of Vitali.
    I don't think he will ever be ready for either brother. They ar both dedicated to the lifestyle of boxing and are world class fighters Arreola to me comes across as a tough bar brawler which is all good and well against the likes of Chaz Witherspoon but it won't wash with Vitali.

El Kabong Guest

I think the only thing that could save Arreola is his toughness, nobody doubts that he is a tough guy. If Vitali got tired or injured then Arreola is going to be there to clean up, but those are two very unlikely scenarios that shouldn't give Cris all that much hope for a win.

Vitali is the biggest puncher Arreola has ever set foot in the ring with AND he's also the best boxer he's ever stepped in with. Vitali is going to do what he always does give Cris a taste of his power in the first round and see how he takes it and then either jump on him to finish him off or pot shot him and wear him down until he's ready to go. I say due to Cris' attitude and machismo the fight is going to be all over about round 4-6...if it was a younger Vitali he would have him out in 2-4.

I was hoping Wladimir would get to fight Cris before he got destroyed by Vitali....gee thanks David Haye .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OnixAA View Post
    There is no way "The Nightmare" Arreola is gonna have what it takes for the tougher of the two Klitch's but it will be great while it lasts.

V. Klitschko, Arreola reach deal
    USA! USA! USA!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It sure as hell will last longer than if Haye were to fight Vitali.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great for LA and Great heavyweight championship fight, but tough fight for Cris. Very tough. While it lasts it will be one of the more exciting championship heavyweight fights in a long time. Cris will bring it and if he loses he will lose like a proper warrior.

Cris is one tough dude and he backs up his talk - unlike Haye who had a fight with Vitali (and Vlad) and then ran.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doesn't interest me too much. Arreola is a fat tub of goo. Vitali will stomp all over him before it's stopped after half a dozen rounds.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by C-Lo View Post
    Why do you think his being in shape will give him a better shot at beating Vitali?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Re: Poor poor Chris Arreola

C'mon Miles! At least Chris dispatches his opponents on almost ever occasion!

Couple things that jump out at me about this fight.

#1. I Share the same fear that Chris will get stopped a la Sammy Peter.

#2 Areolla has a 10% chance of winning if he comes in over 235lbs

#3 He has not had enough round with guys in the bright lights to win this fight.

The only thing I see going for him is that he is ready to mix it up inside. I hope he goes in there and wrestles a little bit and gets the Klit tired. drop him arms some.
    Chris has one more thing going for him... V. Klit has lost to another Chris in the past! You say "what's in a name?" I say, "hopefully everything."

USA USA USA!!!
    Last edited by JonnyFolds; 07-31-2009 at 06:40 PM.
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Doesn't interest me too much. Arreola is a fat tub of goo. Vitali will stomp all over him before it's stopped after half a dozen rounds.
    I love that phrase and use it all the time.

It doesn't, however, have anything to do with whether this fight will be exciting. An Arreola win would be a major upset. That said, It won't be a Chagaev/Ibragimov/Peters v. Klitschko fight because Arreola is a Mexican warrior. He will bring the fight to Klitschko and leave it all in the ring. He is more fun to watch than most other heavyweights out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love Arreola the fighter. He's exciting and he fights like a man. That said, I do not think that he punches hard enough to hurt either Klitchko and he is certainly not fit enough to win on points by punch and move.

Arreola will give Klitchko a war but it will a bit like the UK attacking the USA - a war that he cannot possibly win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In more of a gut feeling then anything, I think Arreola's going to pull this off. Gomez gave Vitali a lot of problems(although briefly), when he was smothering him in the first couple of rounds. Gomez did not have the chin or endurance to maintain that pressure. Vitali needs his distance to work effectively. I think Chris is the best man for the job when it comes to smother with punches.

Also, one of these nights Vitali is going to "get old." The chances of that happening, get better with each passing fight.

USA! USA! USA!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WAR ARREOLA!!

I'm totally rooting for the Nightmare, and even though it's unlikely he'll win, it will be an exciting fight. Arreola does punch inside his opponent combinations which will be something that sets him apart from the recent opponents of Vitali.

USA
    USA
    USA
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Thread Information