Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Missing Setanta already

They have only been off the air for a month or so but I am missing there great boxing coverage already.

The fights from the US last night would have been on for example.
    Balls

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Missing Setanta already

True.

Although the stream i watched last night was smooth the whole way through (i'm not a regular stream watcher), which made me think about the money i could have saved on all the PPVs/subscription over the years
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara View Post
    They have only been off the air for a month or so but I am missing there great boxing coverage already.

The fights from the US last night would have been on for example.
    I feel your pain on missing out Setanta boxing coverage mate.I was with Setanta for 3years and when their went bust i was gutted.Setanta were great on missing.I miss it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel for you guys. I said it before, but it is sad that the place where modern day boxing was originated doesn't even seem interested in finding a way to cover the sport. You guys got fans that travel across the pond by the thousands to support a guy, and yet the powers that be don't even pay homage to that fighting spirit by at least giving rudimentary coverage of the greatest sport. Someone needs a swift kick in the ass if you ask me{which you didn't} Thank goodness for streams.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They're still advertising Setanta over here. I guess no one has thought to pull the adds. They only just started offering here before they collapsed anyways.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They would have had the witter fight on last night and a whole load more Top Rank fights. Lets hope ESPN cover the boxing like Setanta did.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    True.

Although the stream i watched last night was smooth the whole way through (i'm not a regular stream watcher), which made me think about the money i could have saved on all the PPVs/subscription over the years
    Yes but the more watched fights will have slower streams so if your watching a big fight it will keep stopping i dont imagine to many people were watching Bradley vs Campbell on a stream even less would have been watching Witter .
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True.

Streaming is definately the way forward. Any fights that are on can always be found on a stream, and, as i'm real into my video mechanics and web, its gonna get real great over the next couple of years i'm sure......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by themacmagician View Post
    True.

Streaming is definately the way forward. Any fights that are on can always be found on a stream, and, as i'm real into my video mechanics and web, its gonna get real great over the next couple of years i'm sure......
    i have only watched 1 fight on a stream (last khan one) but arnt we just contributing to the fall of our beloved sport by doing this?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Setanta is a Great loss to UK boxing fans.

Hopefully ESPN which has now launched will pick up some fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

some one emailed me on facebook saying there is a suggestions part on espn & we should all put boxing on it, couldnt find where on site so couldnt do it, anyone help with this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    True.

i have only watched 1 fight on a stream (last khan one) but arnt we just contributing to the fall of our beloved sport by doing this?
    Yeah, I get you, I just believe streaming online is the way forward. I had an online account with Setanta, and for the streaming, especially when they upgraded their site towards the end, it was excellent. People need to embrace that technology. I think there is GoFightLive is that right, and also somewhere else that I was told about by a guy markb18 if i remember the name correctly. Theres some real gaps in the internet market for streaming fights with quality footage for small fees IMO.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post

Yeah, I get you, I just believe streaming online is the way forward. I had an online account with Setanta, and for the streaming, especially when they upgraded their site towards the end, it was excellent. People need to embrace that technology. I think there is GoFightLive is that right, and also somewhere else that I was told about by a guy markb18 if i remember the name correctly. Theres some real gaps in the internet market for streaming fights with quality footage for small fees IMO.....
    i hear u brotha!

i prefer watching on the tv tho, get into the whole hype of it more

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For sure, one thing thats sweet though is you get yourself the right cable, laptop on wireless in your living room and link your laptop to your tv. Comp screen resolution is much higher than a TV so invariably the picture is great onto your tv. Give it a go man, you won't be disappointed.... You could even do it from a normal comp right?!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For sure, one thing thats sweet though is you get yourself the right cable, laptop on wireless in your living room and link your laptop to your tv. Comp screen resolution is much higher than a TV so invariably the picture is great onto your tv. Give it a go man, you won't be disappointed.... You could even do it from a normal comp right?!
    glad you brought this up i am trying to connect my lptop to my TV now and it just wont work i have a VGA port on my laptop and HDMI on the TV the cable comes with built in sound cables just will not work i am now going to try VGA to VGA is there anything i need to do on the laptop i have extended the monitor in display to no 2 but it will not stay on that one it keeps going back to number 1 monitor if any can help with this great as i am about to give up!!!!

Thread Information