Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who will win

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cotto or Pac-Man,who will win???VOTE NOW

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto or Pac-Man,who will win???VOTE NOW

I'm taking Cotto in this one. I like them both. Maybe to go against the grain a bit, but also, Pac's rise thru the weight classes has gone real smooth, almost too smooth and is due for a stumble. Cotto is a person who can force that to happen. He needs to be better then his last several outtings, and pac to be worse. Not beyond the realm of possibility. Is just how the boxing world works sometimes, and that's how I'm calling it.

Cotto late KO/TKO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm all for Cotto and here is why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkw3SvxbWmI

If Pac beats Cotto he will get a LOT of credit from me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    I'm taking Cotto in this one. I like them both. Maybe to go against the grain a bit, but also, Pac's rise thru the weight classes has gone real smooth, almost too smooth and is due for a stumble. Cotto is a person who can force that to happen. He needs to be better then his last several outtings, and pac to be worse. Not beyond the realm of possibility. Is just how the boxing world works sometimes, and that's how I'm calling it.

Cotto late KO/TKO.
    lot ifs and buts their blood?

pre-margarito i would of had cotto to absoloute annihilate pacquiao at every weight imaginable. But the guy clearly isnt the same fighter he once was and now has that fragile sense of feeling around him that if you stick it to him you really can genuinely do some damage.

Roach has once again called this to perfection. Miguel is there for the taking if you ask me
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

Cotto late KO/TKO.
    If's and but's every time 2 fighters step in the ring.

We forever are rationalizing who we think is going to win, and sometimes we are right, sometimes we are not. We can safely say not many of us even gave Pac a chance against Cotto over a year ago. Yet here we are, the most of us suggesting otherwise.

I don't think Cotto winning would be the best thing for boxing. Pac has stronger drawing power, and the potential for a PAC/PBF fight would be huge, and this could screw that up if he lost. But I know this. Cotto is going in there with one goal. Hurt that man standing across from him. And if Pac stumbles any, he'll do that job.

This is going to be a great fight to watch for me so long as it's a good fight. And I'll prob be a little disappointed no matter who the winner is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

Cotto late KO/TKO.
    If's and but's every time 2 fighters step in the ring.

We forever are rationalizing who we think is going to win, and sometimes we are right, sometimes we are not. We can safely say not many of us even gave Pac a chance against Cotto over a year ago. Yet here we are, the most of us suggesting otherwise.

I don't think Cotto winning would be the best thing for boxing. Pac has stronger drawing power, and the potential for a PAC/PBF fight would be huge, and this could screw that up if he lost. But I know this. Cotto is going in there with one goal. Hurt that man standing across from him. And if Pac stumbles any, he'll do that job.

This is going to be a great fight to watch for me so long as it's a good fight. And I'll prob be a little disappointed no matter who the winner is.

yeah i see your point, cotto is always going to have a good chance against someone as attack minded as pacquiao

Just think miguel is tailor made for pac now. Dont expect the demolition jobs he did on ricky and oscar for 1 second, but i do believe he`ll probably just be too quick for cotto to handle
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i like both fighters, however i cannot help but think Cotto wins this he is a better allround boxer then RH and is not shot like ODH he handles speed fairly well as in SSM (although i do think there are 2 version of SSM as well). i just think this a weight to far for PAC although IF and its a big IF from my point of view: he does beat Cotto then he will get a load of respect from the whole boxing world. cant wait for this one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puya View Post
    It's funny how suddenly people are writing Cotto off after loosing to Margarito (I do believe he cheated because definitely Mosley was not his first) and the fight with Clottey (after that enormous cut in the 3rd round taking his left eye vision for most of the fight getting hit hard and still win (barely))
    Cotto has become to some Ricky Hatton. Cotto would have beaten RH at 140 and kill him at 147. Cotto has boxing skills good chin at 147 (he took plaster shots and Clotteys shots).

So to say he will loose by Ko or trying to think he will go out like Ricky in a 1 KO punch think again, because if you do your probably a hater, not very good boxing knowlegable or just a kid who barely knows any boxer aside from Manny Pac.

About Pac I just can't say nothing but that he is the man right now but he is not facing Hatton, Oscar or Diaz. IF he does think Cotto is close to any of them he hast to re-think his gameplan.

Remember that Pauli was competitive with Cotto for some rounds. Hatton Dominated Pauli. Look what Pac haS DONE WITH HATTON? i DON'T THINK Cotto can finish Hatton as quick as Pac.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacdbest2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Puya View Post
    It's funny how suddenly people are writing Cotto off after loosing to Margarito (I do believe he cheated because definitely Mosley was not his first) and the fight with Clottey (after that enormous cut in the 3rd round taking his left eye vision for most of the fight getting hit hard and still win (barely))
    Cotto has become to some Ricky Hatton. Cotto would have beaten RH at 140 and kill him at 147. Cotto has boxing skills good chin at 147 (he took plaster shots and Clotteys shots).

So to say he will loose by Ko or trying to think he will go out like Ricky in a 1 KO punch think again, because if you do your probably a hater, not very good boxing knowlegable or just a kid who barely knows any boxer aside from Manny Pac.

About Pac I just can't say nothing but that he is the man right now but he is not facing Hatton, Oscar or Diaz. IF he does think Cotto is close to any of them he hast to re-think his gameplan.
    Remember that Pauli was competitive with Cotto for some rounds. Hatton Dominated Pauli. Look what Pac haS DONE WITH HATTON? i DON'T THINK Cotto can finish Hatton as quick as Pac.
    Check out the bold quote first...

Did you knew that was last Cotto's fight at 140 try to get a picture of Cotto vs Malignaggi weight in pictures, Cotto lookes like a zombi or a drug adict.
    He was weight drain no matter how much you put fight nigh going that low the day before takes a lot from fighters. Or do you actually think that Pauli will be compettitive vs Cotto at 147? think first dude

Last edited by Puya; 08-15-2009 at 12:49 PM.
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So you guys thing Pac has the chin to handle Miguels shots, as well as the body?

Cotto is a very, very intelligent fighter with excellent timing and a great jab he couples with deceptive handspeed.. Going with Cotto, he has dealt with bigger fighters and a ton of adversity... I think he dosent get enough credit for cracking and denting Margaritos chin. That certainly made Moselys night easier.

People forget margarito got beaten up real bad too even though he won, Pac will get broken down as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto late KO/TKO.
    Pacman's my second favorite fighter to watch at this moment (behind Cotto of course). But I have a problem with the comment "Pac's rise thru the weight classes has gone real smooth." To me this is yes and no. From 135 and up, he has been very selective and hasn't fought the best (I'll give him Hatton, who was undefeated at 140). But Manny has ducked the best at 135 and at 147 de la Hoya was the number 1 pay per view draw, but not the top welterweight by far. Plus there is the weight demands. Now, Manny will be fighting the first or second best welter at the moment, so a victory for Manny will be impressive, especially if it's as dominant as the others have been recently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Pacquiao by stoppage. Too much speed.

I agree. Cotto is a great offensive fighter, but Manny's speed will be too much for Cotto to handle. I say great fight with an 11th round TKO in Pacquiao's favor!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Cottos cathes PAC solidly it's over IF not it's PAC by a wide UD.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll probably get shit for bringing this up, but fuck it. Hatton was abysmal when he fought Pac - absolutely no defence. However, he did manage to land a few shots, and let's just say if he had had the defence that night I still believe he had a good chance of getting Pac out of there. Cotto is a much smarter fighter, and technically more sound, and if he can make it difficult for Manny to land clean shots on him, I don't think Pac has the power to cause him too much trouble. Cotto has the boxing skill to land clean shots on Pac if he gets his timing right, and I don't think Pac can take that much punishment to the body. If Cotto walks on to a shot, though, it could be all over for him before it's even started. Tbh, I don't really mind who wins, though as he's the under dog I'll be supporting Cotto most likely come fight night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really don't understand why so many are seeing Pac as the favorite!? He has never fought a boxer of Cotto's calibre IMO.

I'm calling for a so called 'upset' (although not in my books) that Cotto will stop Pac between rounds 8-10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A well trained Cotto beats the Pacman... and Cotto will be very well trained.
    Puerto Rico, Small Island, Big Champions!!!

Thread Information