Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tattoo's

So I'm scheduled with this local tattoo artist in Tampa to get a half sleeve on my left arm. It took me awhile to find a tattoo artist that I thought does a good job, here is his website Mike Parsons Ink | Award Winning Tattoos and Custom Art | Tampa Florida. From what I have heard this guys is really cool and if you check out his work he does a great job. I currently have this gay looking tribal tiger on my outer part of arm between my elbow and shoulder, so this half sleeve is going to be a cover up.

I'm leaning toward getting some type of underwater/sea scene (I have always loved the ocean) If you checkout the website I like the last pic to the right in the second row, I don't want the exact one but something along those lines as far as underwarter scene goes. I've also been scouring the net trying to find pics I can bring with me to my appt this sat to give him an idea of what I want so he can draw me up something. I know I want it to be very colorful.

So with that I was just wondering if anyone else has some really nice tattoos they would like to post a pic of or have a story they could share (I know there is a another tattoo thread somewhere). I'm pretty anxious for my appt this Sat. I heard half sleeves can take anywhere from 7 to 15 hours with multiple sittings depending on the detail of the art work and other things. Anyone have an info they could pass along to me about getting a half sleeve I would really apprecaite.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tattoo's

Just curious, what kind of sea creatures have you decided on for the tat?

I don't have a half sleeve, but I imagine that it would take at least 2 sessions, and at least 10 hours.

One of my tats is like a stained glass leafy vine that swirls around on the top of my left foot, then wraps around my ankle, and ends on the side of my calf, and that took 3 hours, which is no where near the amount of work of a half sleeve.

Remember, don't drink any alcohol on Friday, otherwise you'll bleed more than normal, and make sure that you eat beforehand as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeb_21 View Post
    So I'm scheduled with this local tattoo artist in Tampa to get a half sleeve on my left arm. It took me awhile to find a tattoo artist that I thought does a good job, here is his website Mike Parsons Ink | Award Winning Tattoos and Custom Art | Tampa Florida. From what I have heard this guys is really cool and if you check out his work he does a great job. I currently have this gay looking tribal tiger on my outer part of arm between my elbow and shoulder, so this half sleeve is going to be a cover up.

I'm leaning toward getting some type of underwater/sea scene (I have always loved the ocean) If you checkout the website I like the last pic to the right in the second row, I don't want the exact one but something along those lines as far as underwarter scene goes. I've also been scouring the net trying to find pics I can bring with me to my appt this sat to give him an idea of what I want so he can draw me up something. I know I want it to be very colorful.

So with that I was just wondering if anyone else has some really nice tattoos they would like to post a pic of or have a story they could share (I know there is a another tattoo thread somewhere). I'm pretty anxious for my appt this Sat. I heard half sleeves can take anywhere from 7 to 15 hours with multiple sittings depending on the detail of the art work and other things. Anyone have an info they could pass along to me about getting a half sleeve I would really apprecaite.

Im thinking of getting a half sleeve tattoo on top of me left arm too,i have'nt yet seen a decent tattoo shop to go with yet,but i want my to be totally different than the norm!I wanting a mixture of bright colours but not too much of them.Im always wanting a leopard or Black panther on me chest.I want it to look as real as possible.I just dont have the cash at the monent soo i'll have to be patiant and wait yet again.I've been wanting me chest do for years now.

You'll have to post me a picture of your Tattoo when its done bud!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll definitely post pics once It gets finished. I'm still not to sure what creations I want to include. I know I want some very colorful fish, maybe a jelly fish because I think they look really cool. Colorful plants some coral.

I'll try and describe how I want the tat to look.

If you were looking at the at I want it to be like your on the floor of the ocean (by my elbow) looking up and on the floor of the ocean I want colorful pants and coral and some tropical fish. Then the further you look up I want the sunlight to seem like its shining into the water so you can see the streaks of light shining in the water (kinda hard to describe) then I would like to have a school of fish in the distant circling the streaks of light (again kinda hard to describe). I have found a few pics that have some of the things I want so I'm gonna bring them with me and show him certain things from each pic and see if he could incorporate them into one.

I'm definitely not drinking the night before. I'm really curious to know how long its going to take. I guess I"ll find out Sat when I talk to him. My fiance is actually buying this for me for a birthday present since my bday is in a couple weeks. I hope it turns out great.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here are some colorful, and interesting fishes for you to do a Google Image search on.

Betta Fish
    Fancy Guppy
    Lion Fish
    Emperor Angel Fish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Here are some colorful, and interesting fishes for you to do a Google Image search on.

Betta Fish
    Fancy Guppy
    Lion Fish
    Emperor Angel Fish

Thanks Diane I just looked some of those up and there definitely colorful, thanks allot.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post

Betta Fish
    Fancy Guppy
    Lion Fish
    Emperor Angel Fish

Thanks Diane I just looked some of those up and there definitely colorful, thanks allot.
    Look up Flowerhorn and Asian Arowana. Both good fortune and symbolic in cultures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just to give you all an idea this is what I'm kinda going for not this big of course but similar.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is my good friends shop, he does most of my work:

Heritage Tattoo Studio

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's no need to be anxious, but it will hurt a bit. I don't have any sleeves, but my last tat took just over 6 hours to do (and another couple to go as soon as the weather cools down). It's on the outside of my upper left arm and shoulder. For the first three hours, it wasn't overly painful at all, but because it has so much detail and colour he had to go over the same spots repeatedly and by the end my arm felt like ground beef. Still, while it hurt, it was far from unbearable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

Heritage Tattoo Studio

Thanks for the info CFH. The more I think about it I really can't wait I'm ready to get rid this damn panther i I had done a few years go.

Your guy does good work as well man. What did you get done that took 6 hours?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heritage Tattoo Studio

Thanks for the info CFH. The more I think about it I really can't wait I'm ready to get rid this damn panther i I had done a few years go.

He posted a pic. a while back of his work.

Here it is...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post

Heritage Tattoo Studio

He posted a pic. a while back of his work.

Here it is...

I thought you might like a target to aim for .

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heritage Tattoo Studio

To answer your question, I got a piece on my arm to honor my mom who passed away two years ago. It's not overly large but it's very detailed and colorful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heritage Tattoo Studio

To answer your question, I got a piece on my arm to honor my mom who passed away two years ago. It's not overly large but it's very detailed and colorful.
    Respect buddy.

Thread Information