Yeah I said it....Seems everyone of late thinks B Hop is some boxing god but I am going to lay out a few points on why I dont think he is as good as everyone seems to think:

Claims to fame:

20 title defense - This is quite an accomplishment but who did he really beat? Glen Johnson, Joppy, Eastman, Allen? Not the cream of the crop...Trinidad was his best win but he is a blown up welter/jr welter at best....(please dont bring up de la hoya)

Tarver Victory - Yeah B Hop moved up to Lt Hvy to beat Tarver who beat Jones on his way down....I believe Tarver was overrated because of his victories over a faded Jones.....Dawson whopped tarver just as easy as B Hop and I dont think Dawson is going to be an all time great....

Pavlik - Pavlik's claim to fame is his victory over Taylor. I believe Pavlik was overrated at the time....Taylor punched himself out in the first fight and has been plagued by stamina issues of late. Pavlik moved up in weight and has had issues since....

Hopkins Strikes:

Loss to Jones. - Prime for prime Jones would beat Hopkins any day at middleweight....so even in his prime he wasnt the best middleweight....

Losses to Taylor - Whether you thought he won or lost he went life or death with Taylor at middleweight.....toward the end of his career he wasnt the best middleweight....

Loss to Joe Cal - Hopkins lost this fight and had to resort to trickery and cheating to even stay in the fight...wasnt the best Lt heavyweight either.......

For me Hopkins has been a whiner, dull fighter, dirty fighter and I am surprised at all of the people that have come out of the woodwork to proclaim how he is one of the greatest.....