Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: last nights football violence....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default last nights football violence....

Was at upton park last night to witness this supposed worst bit of football hooliganism in years and havent enjoyed myself so much at a game of footie in years.

West ham-millwall is without doubt one of if not the most volatile games of football in the world. Celtic-rangers, united-city, real-barca all these sides get to play eachother on numerous occasions year in year out but with west ham and millwall it was a very special one off occasion that everyone but everyone who knew about the 2 clubs knew it was going to be a chaotic night off the pitch.

Millwall spent months telling everyone how they were going to turn over east london and when they arrived were simply stunned to see even they were outnumbered heavily. The old guard went down with a fight and took a beating while the young pikey chavs that ruin british culture simply froze at the prospect of doing what they said they were going to do and to put it mildly spent the evening protected by the police.

Dont condone football violence one bit but to see these muppets getting what was coming to them was a pleasure to see and though no doubt west ham will suffer badly because of this its great to see the passion is still in the game
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last nights football violence....

In "football" for each team, do the players have to be from that region? Or can any team sign any player from any region.

if it's where they have to be from the region they play for then thats awesome.. it's sort of like high school sports all over again.. real rivalries..

in american football and any american sport, it's just money and just becuase you're the Dallas Cowboys doesn't have anything to do with you being FROM dallas. So there are still division rivalries and what not but it's really the fans who are rivals as opposed to the players..

The best rivalry in sports, Red Sox/Yankees, is great, and i'm proud to be from new england/the boston area, to be a part of the rivalry, but as i said it's fans that make the rivalries.. the players get along just fine for the most part, and have plenty of respect for each other.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see nothing more pointless in the world than a man getting upset over a football team's.....supporters.

It's an English disease. Not that I am denouncing street violence. After all, yesterday a man waved a towel right on to my chin. My wife went out to ask them to turn the noise down on their loudspeakers, and they actually refused. I got annoyed by that and went out and walked him down and after threats to sue him and call the police, I actually had him leaning over his crab truck breathing for air. His friend who was totally drunk tried apologising to me. And the gent that I am, well, I accepted.

Sometimes violence is needed.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see the point

They should have dance fights.

Miles I can't really tell but from your post it seems like you threatened him into hyperventilation? Is this true or did you punch him in the groin?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    I don't see the point

Miles I can't really tell but from your post it seems like you threatened him into hyperventilation? Is this true or did you punch him in the groin?
    He threw a punch with the towel and I immediately pushed him back. He actually leaned over his own crabs because he was so upset. He didnt know what to do. I demanded an apology but he wouldnt give it. He just leaned over his crabs. He stayed that way for a long time so I kind of gave up demanding an apology. His friend (who was rude to my wife) tried to be my best friend so I kind of let it go. Im not really a fighting type.

But if they come back then I will go mental and they will get what I bring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I don't see the point

He threw a punch with the towel and I immediately pushed him back. He actually leaned over his own crabs because he was so upset. He didnt know what to do. I demanded an apology but he wouldnt give it. He just leaned over his crabs. He stayed that way for a long time so I kind of gave up demanding an apology. His friend (who was rude to my wife) tried to be my best friend so I kind of let it go. Im not really a fighting type.

You live in Korea or something, right? Can i ask why you moved there? juts curious.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I don't see the point

You live in Korea or something, right? Can i ask why you moved there? juts curious.
    All I will say is that you should never, ever do it.

I am okay with my qualifications and visa status, but I would never ever encourage another person to ever come here. Even I loathe it.

It is Kafkaesque. Truth does not exist here. Research libel laws. Truth really does not exist.

They demonize foreigners and yet give suspended rape sentences of 3 years to Korean nationals. If you teach a private English lesson then you go to the gulag and eventually get deported.

It's called K logic.

I'm married and while I finish my MA, we will live here, but after, we are gone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

kind of ironic isn't it? Soccer fans are among the most violence prone, yet the players themselves are the most violence averse. You almost never see soccer players fight. Hell, you take a swipe at a soccer player, even if you miss he will fall to the ground in agony.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles, stop picking on pensioners you bully.

Hattonthehammer, you all looked like a bunch of thick cunts.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In "football" for each team, do the players have to be from that region? Or can any team sign any player from any region.

if it's where they have to be from the region they play for then thats awesome.. it's sort of like high school sports all over again.. real rivalries..

in american football and any american sport, it's just money and just becuase you're the Dallas Cowboys doesn't have anything to do with you being FROM dallas. So there are still division rivalries and what not but it's really the fans who are rivals as opposed to the players..

The best rivalry in sports, Red Sox/Yankees, is great, and i'm proud to be from new england/the boston area, to be a part of the rivalry, but as i said it's fans that make the rivalries.. the players get along just fine for the most part, and have plenty of respect for each other.
    Yankees Red Sox is a friendly competition compared to various football club rivalries around the world. Anyway till the Red Sox win another ten or fifteen world championships it isn't actually a rivalry.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At least it will (hopefully) thin out and improve the gene pool. Bunch of fucking idiots. How pathetic is your life if you're inclined to do something like this? Participating in these types of things should be grounds for euthanasia.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As a West Ham fan, I found that a complete embarassment, many of both sets of fans disgracing themselves, with the Millwall fans giving our players monkey chants, although I can say from experience that the home stand is far from a hub of racial equality.

Rushing onto the pitch in celebration AT THE END would of been understandable. Doing it during the game & trying to get onto the pitch to get at the Millwall fans was stupid & will damage the club financially no doubt, something we can definitely do without out.

What happened last night was not 'passion in the game', that's still there at every home game, what it was was a bunch of dickheads trying to show that they're 'still young/hard/up for it' or some other Danny Dyer-esque bollocks. As for the stuff goin on outside, well... fuck it... what can you say they're twats.

Although like hth says everyone knew it was going to happen, yet somehow the police still seemed ill-prepared & why they didn't prepare for a pitch invasion when we got the penalty I don't know

I would like to point out Jack Collison who was an image of pure class among the fat-bellied drunken dicks stumbling onto the pitch. On Sunday, his father died in a traffic accident on his way to see him play against Spurs, yet last night he put in a man of the match performance & also was key in getting fans to leave the pitch & go back to their seats. In a sea of idiots embarassing the club, at least he made me proud to support the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    As a West Ham fan, I found that a complete embarassment, many of both sets of fans disgracing themselves, with the Millwall fans giving our players monkey chants, although I can say from experience that the home stand is far from a hub of racial equality.

Rushing onto the pitch in celebration AT THE END would of been understandable. Doing it during the game & trying to get onto the pitch to get at the Millwall fans was stupid & will damage the club financially no doubt, something we can definitely do without out.

What happened last night was not 'passion in the game', that's still there at every home game, what it was was a bunch of dickheads trying to show that they're 'still young/hard/up for it' or some other Danny Dyer-esque bollocks. As for the stuff goin on outside, well... fuck it... what can you say they're twats.

Although like hth says everyone knew it was going to happen, yet somehow the police still seemed ill-prepared & why they didn't prepare for a pitch invasion when we got the penalty I don't know

I would like to point out Jack Collison who was an image of pure class among the fat-bellied drunken dicks stumbling onto the pitch. On Sunday, his father died in a traffic accident on his way to see him play against Spurs, yet last night he put in a man of the match performance & also was key in getting fans to leave the pitch & go back to their seats. In a sea of idiots embarassing the club, at least he made me proud to support the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

Yankees Red Sox is a friendly competition compared to various football club rivalries around the world. Anyway till the Red Sox win another ten or fifteen world championships it isn't actually a rivalry.
    the yankees are one of, if not the best franchise in all of sports history.. with that said, to say that the red sox/yankees are not a rivalry is a joke..

besides the baseball teams, it's simply a boston/new york geographical thing.. rivalry in and of itself..

as far as the teams go, the red sox can't compare to the amount of rings the yankees have won, but "what have you done for me lately?"..

in the last TEN years, considering i'm 23, i would say that 10 years ago, when i was 13 would be an age where i had a favorite baseball team and had the capacity to care about them:

Red Sox: 6 playoff appearances, 5 ALCS appearances, and 2 WS appearances in which they won both.

Yankees: 9 playoff appearances, 5 ALCS appearances, 4 WS appearances in which they won 2.

While i understand the history of the yankees and know that they are the reigning kings in all sports, to say that the above stats, along with the ridiculously long history of the two teams from the trading of Babe Ruth, don't prove a rivalry then i don't know what else to say.. All i can say is that when i dated my ex gf from NY and went to see her family around 2007, they weren't saying "how many rings do you have?!" after the Sox won the series and the Yankees didn't make it out of the ALDS.. they legitimately considered the Sox a constant threat..

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like rivalry a lot. But in a playful way; I am a huge Boston Bruins fan and the Habs (Montreal Canadians for those not acquainted with hockey) are my #2 BUT... where I live, close to Montreal and especially to the french canadians, Montreal is almost a religion sometimes but at least, my friends, even the die hard fans are very friendly and we use our rivalry to tease each others and have fun (and god knows that the rivalry Boston-Mtl is HUGE).
    After all, if the Montreal fans would disappear, there would be something missing and the opposite too, fans should understand that their "worst ennemies" are somehow their very best friends as they color their game and give a particular taste to their sport, I will never understand those fighting for a game, something that should be only entertainment.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information