Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Matchroom Boxing: Prizefighter Heavyweights III Launched In London

© Lawrence Lustig

Matchroom Sport's Prizefighter Heavyweights III was officially launched today.

A press conference was held at London’s Waldorf Hotel with all eight competitors present for what promises to be the most exciting event of the Prizefighter Series so far.

The eight-man, one-night knockout tournament features some of the biggest names in the division with £32,000 going to the winner.

Among those taking part will be current British Champion Danny Williams, former Olympic Games gold medalist Audley Harrison and ex British Champions Michael Sprott, Scott Gammer and Michael Holden.

Harrison, who won gold in Sydney in 2000, admitted he had a lot to prove after four defeats in his last eight fights but vowed to prove he was not finished.

"A lot of people have thought I've retired but I've been telling people that I've just been ticking over wai... Full Boxing Article here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Matchroom Boxing: Prizefighter Heavyweights III Launched In London

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo View Post

© Lawrence Lustig

Matchroom Sport's Prizefighter Heavyweights III was officially launched today.

A press conference was held at London’s Waldorf Hotel with all eight competitors present for what promises to be the most exciting event of the Prizefighter Series so far.

The eight-man, one-night knockout tournament features some of the biggest names in the division with £32,000 going to the winner.

Among those taking part will be current British Champion Danny Williams, former Olympic Games gold medalist Audley Harrison and ex British Champions Michael Sprott, Scott Gammer and Michael Holden.

Harrison, who won gold in Sydney in 2000, admitted he had a lot to prove after four defeats in his last eight fights but vowed to prove he was not finished.

"A lot of people have thought I've retired but I've been telling people that I've just been ticking over wai... Full Boxing Article here...
    Prizefighter was made for the heavyweight devision. You get to see big fighters go for it instead of carefully reserving their energy throughout the slow and usually boring heavyweight fight.
    I would have to give the win to Williams. He usually tires himself out in a 12 round bouts but in this he can go all out in each fight having a good rest between matches.
    Saying that there are a couple of undefeated fighters that I dont know.
    The thing about prizefighter is that anything can happen and the favourites dont always do as well as they should.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Matchroom Boxing: Prizefighter Heavyweights III Launched In London

i see audley harrison is still deluding himself with recent interviews on the prizefighter series,
    where he sees himself still able to achieve his impossible goal

Thread Information