Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tavoris Cloud....Title or not I don't..

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Tavoris Cloud....Title or not I don't..

Daxx, maybe if Clinton Woods showed class instead of constantly mocking Cloud's power or fouling him during the clinch then I am sure respect would have been mutual. Tavoris is all business in the ring, Woods fouled him repeatedly and as I stated before ON PURPOSE and that isn't good for business. If Tavoris got a brain bleed or something then his career would have been over and it's not like Cloud right now is equipped to do anything more than box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Daxx, maybe if Clinton Woods showed class instead of constantly mocking Cloud's power or fouling him during the clinch then I am sure respect would have been mutual. Tavoris is all business in the ring, Woods fouled him repeatedly and as I stated before ON PURPOSE and that isn't good for business. If Tavoris got a brain bleed or something then his career would have been over and it's not like Cloud right now is equipped to do anything more than box.
    He had a shitty attitude when he fought Gonzales as well...The reason for that was?
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cloud doesn't bother me....yet. If he can keep winning then more power to the guy. I've never seen a store yet deny a guy his purchase due to his bad attitude. If you can be an asshole and win better than being looser who attends church everyweekend. Especially since when it's all said and done fans and creditors will eventually treat you the same.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    I don't like this kid...Not big on his attitude...He has zero sportsmanship....A bit of an attitude problem I noticed it in the Gonzalez fight last yr as well....It is not the heat of the moment type attitude either.....It is the IO think I am king shit attitude.....

I wish Woods was more active last night and put this kid on the shelf with his first loss....

He has really beaten no one of consequence but Woods...Julio was waaay past it and just absorbed shots all night long....

I hope this kid thries his luck at another aging ex champ like Johnson who isnt on the slide so much and gets his ass handed to him....

Better yet put him in with Dawson for a uni bout and dispose of him all together....

He is now in a bad place because his options are tough fights. As for his attitude, I think it might be because he is uneducated (I doubt he evenr graduated from grade school). While it's no real excuse, he comes from abject poverty of the worse kind. He can barely talk. Boxing is all he knows, but his manager should teach him how to behave after a fight so that he can show a bit of respect.

Like I stated mate I like his style of fighting and will make some exciting bouts but show some class
    He gave Woods credit in the interview afterwards. What more you want?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post

He is now in a bad place because his options are tough fights. As for his attitude, I think it might be because he is uneducated (I doubt he evenr graduated from grade school). While it's no real excuse, he comes from abject poverty of the worse kind. He can barely talk. Boxing is all he knows, but his manager should teach him how to behave after a fight so that he can show a bit of respect.

Like I stated mate I like his style of fighting and will make some exciting bouts but show some class
    I expect a fighter at a world class level to not act like a punk kid who just came in off the street acting as if everyone around him is an asshole but him
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I expect a fighter at a world class level to not act like a punk kid who just came in off the street acting as if everyone around him is an asshole but him
    This is Boxing. Your expecting way, way to much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see how he acted like a punk, dude isn't eloquent or anything but he didn't come across as if he thinks he is better than anyone else. There is nothing in the job description of boxer that says you have to be any nicer to someone than what the rules indicate. Woods hit him in the back of the head several times, he never retaliated, unless not touching gloves is somehow a worse retaliation than an actual foul.

El Kabong Guest

Cloud acted no different than a young: Marvin Haggler, George Foreman, Joe Frazier, or Mike Tyson would have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bad Attitude? I must have missed something. He is not cocky, really doesn't talk shit. He doesn't have an ego problem. Shit he comes into the ring and throws punches what else can be asked from him. I give him a good shot at Dawson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched it and it was an entertaining comepetitive fight. He'll be in some entertaining fights again, but won't be anything special IMO, getting tagged by 40% of Clinton's shots is just god awful.

El Kabong Guest

Unless he's able to adapt he's not going to get very far getting hit that often. And he doesn't take it well either, he got marked up pretty good....he never got hurt but give it some time. Like I said, someone like Glen Johnson would give him hell.

Thread Information