Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Khan v Murray could happen if Salita fight doesnt happen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEBrR...layer_embedded

Intresting go to 4.10 of the video, basically if Salita doesnt fancy it, it will be Murray in december. Most probably MEN Manchester id say, im deffo going if this fight happens. Wonder how Murray is at 140? He was a 130 fighter only 2 years ago so who knows, I think Khan probably hands Murray a beating maybe stopping hi mid to late, Murrays defense is basically non existant, would love to see it though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan v Murray could happen if Salita fight doesnt happen

khan wins this everyday of the week

He proved myself and a heck of a lot of doubters wrong in the kotelnik fight

no way he beats kotelnik yet loses to murray - expect a stoppage
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep.. can see Khan out-boxing Murray into oblivion.. would still like to see it though, and would be a good tune up fight for Hatton, if Khan and Hatton do ever get it on.

I like Murray though.. hope he doesn't take this fight yet, he needs more time to work on his defense.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopefully Salita doesn't fancy it then. Khan - Murray will be great while it lasts.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do like Murray and his "fight me like a man" sort of Duran esque attitude, as i've said before, but this is a tough fight for him. McCallister was giving Murray problems and catching him alot before Murray finally wore him down. I just think Khan will run and hit with much more stamina than Mccalister and probably hit harder too.......

My main hope in this fight, although Murray is not a massive hitter, is that Khan won't be able to escape a dig or two for the whole fight. Kotelnik, IMO, was useless, absolutely useless, and Khan hit glove all night. I don't see Khan avoiding all Murray's shots and Murray is definately the kind of guy who will go to hell and back John Duddy style for a win. If Kotelnik could rally Khan in the last round or two, then he sure as hell could have got in closer earlier IMO. Murray will get closer to Khan for sure...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by themacmagician View Post
    I do like Murray and his "fight me like a man" sort of Duran esque attitude, as i've said before, but this is a tough fight for him. McCallister was giving Murray problems and catching him alot before Murray finally wore him down. I just think Khan will run and hit with much more stamina than Mccalister and probably hit harder too.......

My main hope in this fight, although Murray is not a massive hitter, is that Khan won't be able to escape a dig or two for the whole fight. Kotelnik, IMO, was useless, absolutely useless, and Khan hit glove all night. I don't see Khan avoiding all Murray's shots and Murray is definately the kind of guy who will go to hell and back John Duddy style for a win. If Kotelnik could rally Khan in the last round or two, then he sure as hell could have got in closer earlier IMO. Murray will get closer to Khan for sure...
    I would love to see Murray fight Katsidas that would be a great fight.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kotelnik is better than Murray. Period. End of.

Maybe it's because I'm not from Manchester, but I don't see pretty much anything special in John Murray, he strikes me as a homeless man's Ricky Hatton.

I also don't see what in the name of the lord he has done to earn a shot at a world title at 135, let alone 140. I see an unprofessional brat (see his behaviour at the Lawton weigh-in) who spends his time whinging about how he should get to fight Khan, but has done little to earn it. If McAllister had fought sensibly he might have troubled him.

Murray has little to no defence, apart from moving his head like Tyson, but doing it so it can be timed. He also isn't comfortable with good movers. I reckon Khan KO's him after 7. I just really don't see how this guy is rated so highly. If Khan beats him, people will simply say what I'm saying now, he wasn't anywhere near good enough to be fighting at that level.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

I would love to see Murray fight Katsidas that would be a great fight.
    Definately mate, would like that too.

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post

Kotelnik is better than Murray. Period. End of.

Maybe it's because I'm not from Manchester, but I don't see pretty much anything special in John Murray, he strikes me as a homeless man's Ricky Hatton.

I also don't see what in the name of the lord he has done to earn a shot at a world title at 135, let alone 140. I see an unprofessional brat (see his behaviour at the Lawton weigh-in) who spends his time whinging about how he should get to fight Khan, but has done little to earn it. If McAllister had fought sensibly he might have troubled him.

Murray has little to no defence, apart from moving his head like Tyson, but doing it so it can be timed. He also isn't comfortable with good movers. I reckon Khan KO's him after 7. I just really don't see how this guy is rated so highly. If Khan beats him, people will simply say what I'm saying now, he wasn't anywhere near good enough to be fighting at that level.
    Jaz, can't go with you on that, don't like Kotelnik, although I agree on the unproffesional show for Lawton. Murray struggles to get motivated for poor fights, which Lawton was, this i know, hopefully he got a absolute rollocking, which I believe he did from Mick hennessey.

Now, i'm not sayin that Murray is special by any stretch, I just love his fighting style and would watch him over Khan any day of the week.... Thats just what i like to watch, two people willing to go to hell and back to win, fights like Corrales Castillo, Casamayor Katsidis, Ward Gatti, etc, i'll never get a fight like that out of Khan period. Theres also no way in hell a " He hasn't done enough to earn a title shot" can come into it. Hell, Khan is the champ at that so that debate ends early.

Anyways, you cover what I said, that Murray struggles with the movement, which he showed against McCallister yes. He will struggle with Khans speed and movement for sure, and definately has been easier to hit with his bad defense, but he's a million times more aggressive than Kotelnik, is faster and has a better array of punches too. I think its a more interesting match-up than a Khan mid KO and certainly wouldn't have Khan winning by a stretch atall. He will test Khans Stamina and Will for sure IMO so I guess we'll see..... I'll eat the crow if i'm wrong, but we'll see....

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jaz, can't go with you on that, don't like Kotelnik, although I agree on the unproffesional show for Lawton. Murray struggles to get motivated for poor fights, which Lawton was, this i know, hopefully he got a absolute rollocking, which I believe he did from Mick hennessey.

Now, i'm not sayin that Murray is special by any stretch, I just love his fighting style and would watch him over Khan any day of the week.... Thats just what i like to watch, two people willing to go to hell and back to win, fights like Corrales Castillo, Casamayor Katsidis, Ward Gatti, etc, i'll never get a fight like that out of Khan period. Theres also no way in hell a " He hasn't done enough to earn a title shot" can come into it. Hell, Khan is the champ at that so that debate ends early.

Anyways, you cover what I said, that Murray struggles with the movement, which he showed against McCallister yes. He will struggle with Khans speed and movement for sure, and definately has been easier to hit with his bad defense, but he's a million times more aggressive than Kotelnik, is faster and has a better array of punches too. I think its a more interesting match-up than a Khan mid KO and certainly wouldn't have Khan winning by a stretch atall. He will test Khans Stamina and Will for sure IMO so I guess we'll see..... I'll eat the crow if i'm wrong, but we'll see....
    I'm no Kotelnik fan, but I've seen enough of his fights & Murray's to know that quite frankly they're not on the same level. Kotelnik is much better than he looked against Khan, even if he is a boring fighter to watch. Kotelnik made Khan look bad, Murray will just be walking into those combinations & doesn't have the head movement to avoid them to get inside & beat him up to the body & even then Khan's footwork is too much.

This isn't Juan Diaz or Marcos Maidana we're talking about it's a guy whose best win is Lee Meager or maybe McAllister. Neither are up to much. Say what you like about Khan's opposition (& I believe it's pretty shoddy) but the fact is Graham Earl, Kristjansen, St Clair were all considered legitimate LW threats when he faced them. Also whilst the cut was obviously a major factor, he still beat Barrera. Murray has accomplished nowhere near this. Plus Khan won the belt off a guy who's very difficult to look good against & gave Marcos Maidana a hell of a tough fight.

If you can actually tell me what Murray has done to earn a world title shot at ANY weight then I'll be interested. If he stepped up & beat Mezaache or even McCloskey, I might let him away with it, but he hasn't beat a single opponent above domestic level & even they weren't great. Khan may have bypassed domestic level, but now it's guys like Maidana, Malignaggi & Holt who should be fighting Khan, not some overhyped c-level fighter who will make money in the MEN. This is the ultimate in Warren milking money rather than taking on threats, hell I'd even rather see Salita if only for him to get the fuck out of the #1 contender spot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm no Kotelnik fan, but I've seen enough of his fights & Murray's to know that quite frankly they're not on the same level. Kotelnik is much better than he looked against Khan, even if he is a boring fighter to watch. Kotelnik made Khan look bad, Murray will just be walking into those combinations & doesn't have the head movement to avoid them to get inside & beat him up to the body & even then Khan's footwork is too much.

This isn't Juan Diaz or Marcos Maidana we're talking about it's a guy whose best win is Lee Meager or maybe McAllister. Neither are up to much. Say what you like about Khan's opposition (& I believe it's pretty shoddy) but the fact is Graham Earl, Kristjansen, St Clair were all considered legitimate LW threats when he faced them. Also whilst the cut was obviously a major factor, he still beat Barrera. Murray has accomplished nowhere near this. Plus Khan won the belt off a guy who's very difficult to look good against & gave Marcos Maidana a hell of a tough fight.

If you can actually tell me what Murray has done to earn a world title shot at ANY weight then I'll be interested. If he stepped up & beat Mezaache or even McCloskey, I might let him away with it, but he hasn't beat a single opponent above domestic level & even they weren't great. Khan may have bypassed domestic level, but now it's guys like Maidana, Malignaggi & Holt who should be fighting Khan, not some overhyped c-level fighter who will make money in the MEN. This is the ultimate in Warren milking money rather than taking on threats, hell I'd even rather see Salita if only for him to get the fuck out of the #1 contender spot.
    Murrays head movement will be an issue for sure. Will just have to see. You'd think that they would know that though, so maybe they'd try work out a plan, if they had any sense......

Murray vs Khan at 135 is still an interesting fight, despite what anyone says. Khan has hopped out of fighting Murray and Thaxton for sure in my mind and has been fast tracked, so that leads me to belive that Khan would have some nerves if the fight gets made.

Lastly, regardless of Kotelnik being better than Murray, Murray at lightweight is a different prospect than Kotelnik at Welter, and i'd say it again, Murray is a million times more aggressive than Kotelnik, is faster and has a better array of punches too. This makes it no easy fight for Khan IMO. Roll on the day it gets made. All i'm saying is that if Murray smashes Thaxton to pieces on Oct 3rd, Khans team will think again about wanting the fight in December for sure......

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Murrays head movement will be an issue for sure. Will just have to see. You'd think that they would know that though, so maybe they'd try work out a plan, if they had any sense......

Murray vs Khan at 135 is still an interesting fight, despite what anyone says. Khan has hopped out of fighting Murray and Thaxton for sure in my mind and has been fast tracked, so that leads me to belive that Khan would have some nerves if the fight gets made.

Lastly, regardless of Kotelnik being better than Murray, Murray at lightweight is a different prospect than Kotelnik at Welter, and i'd say it again, Murray is a million times more aggressive than Kotelnik, is faster and has a better array of punches too. This makes it no easy fight for Khan IMO. Roll on the day it gets made. All i'm saying is that if Murray smashes Thaxton to pieces on Oct 3rd, Khans team will think again about wanting the fight in December for sure......
    Warren stopped Khan facing Thaxton & Murray (although I think only Thaxton can say he was dodged). Khan is eager to face Hatton, Marquez, Pacquiao & Mayweather, I doubt the nerves will come into play for Murray. Like you say Murray has to beat Thaxton first (which he should), if he did that & beat Mezaache, I'd say give him a shot although many would still consider that generous.

Murray might be more aggressive, but it also means that Khan would be hitting a lot more face than glove, & with that handspeed we'd see what Murray had. I think it would end up looking a bit like a poor man's Mayweather-Gatti fight, although neither fighter is fit to be compared with either of those guys.

Thread Information