Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hilarious Bob Arum interview bashing Floyd, and UFC

I never underestimate Arum's ability to sound like an ignorant bigot.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattboxingfan View Post
    Arum is full of shit! that hole interview was borderline racist Im not a skin head and i watch the ufc as do all of my friends who have hair and not tattoo's!
    And that's why the British suck at MMA

You don't follow MMA do you. In the USA vs UK Ultimate Fightier MMA show and tournament the UK obliterated the US. So apparently they DONT suck.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth;784837and [B
    when he isn't fighting somebody way bigger than him[/B], he knows how to throw down.
    You just made my point right there. If wins by running around the ring against the much smaller Marquez and doesnt knock him out I dont think there will be too many people left who will fall for his "self hype" and not buy his fights anymore. I dont care how good his skills are if I fall asleep during his fights, which I did when he fought Oscar. Leave that kind of shit off PPV.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    You don't follow MMA do you. In the USA vs UK Ultimate Fightier MMA show and tournament the UK obliterated the US. So apparently they DONT suck.
    Oh really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8q32TVHgpY

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Oh really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8q32TVHgpY
    That's one match. When the US faced the UK, they really got mangled, no offense to the US, most of my favorite MMA and boxers fighters come from over here but halas, in the duel US-UK, the US got steamrolled and got teach the notion of togetherness/team spirit.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

El Kabong Guest

Bisping was the one hope for the Brits to be a "big time fighter" and he got flattened. One fight, but a meaningful one, unlike anything that happens in TUF

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think that Arum was 100% spot on about MMA but he did put out a few home truths there... no doubt about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That video was hilarious. "A bunch of homosexuals rolling around". LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As above that was soooooooo funny!!!
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbyKZoiyriM

the Roy Jones of today still whips his ass, dumbass can't even do the Ali shuffle without getting pegged in the face lol

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha ha ha. The idiot MMA/UFC fanboys on that video's comment sections thinks that Silva would kill Roy Jones in a boxing match because of the "pwnage skills Silva has"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    daaaaaaaaamn Arum came off as racist as ever lol "it's just a bunch of skin head white trash" lol "i know the Mexicans, Filipinos, and Blacks aren't buying this garbage"

hahaha! i didn't watch it, but Arum is a bad ass for saying that! love the guy lol

UFC is just medicore-athletic hardass-wanna be white guys who wrestled in college, roofied girls, and have won a few bar fights. Blind aggression will win that shet 40% of the time. Blind aggression is almost as good as skill in that joke league. I put mma with golf, ping pong, and bowling. not a real sport.

every so often i get into a mma match when I drink too much. actually it's more exciting when i do it. seating room only

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez The Killer View Post
    daaaaaaaaamn Arum came off as racist as ever lol "it's just a bunch of skin head white trash" lol "i know the Mexicans, Filipinos, and Blacks aren't buying this garbage"

hahaha! i didn't watch it, but Arum is a bad ass for saying that! love the guy lol

UFC is just medicore-athletic hardass-wanna be white guys who wrestled in college, roofied girls, and have won a few bar fights. Blind aggression will win that shet 40% of the time. Blind aggression is almost as good as skill in that joke league. I put mma with golf, ping pong, and bowling. not a real sport.

every so often i get into a mma match when I drink too much. actually it's more exciting when i do it. seating room only
    You have never watched MMA nor do you have any idea about it apparently

Further stabbing home the point Bob Arum knows nothing about MMA.

A lot of MMA stars train in gyms and most of them even train with professional boxers in preparations.

How quickly he forgets Diego "Nightmare" Sanchez who trained with his former protege Oscar De La Hoya. Oscar went as so far as to call him the "Next Great". Oh how Bob Arum forgets. Bob Arum must also forget Rampage Jackson who is "black" and whom has a huge following in the US and in Japan. BJ Penn who is Hawaiian and known as one of the best p4p in his weight division that even despite being a lightweight has gone up to heavyweight and because of his jujitsu skills pulled off a few wins. Oh and Anderson Silva, who is widely considered number 1 p4p in general who also has a huge following in Japan, the US and Brazil.

So the fact Bob Arum makes such a close minded statement shows he knows absolutely nothing about MMA or its stars and is just talking out of his ass for the close minded numb nuts close minded enough to believe him But all would be forgotten if Bob Arum could make a quick buck off of an MMA fighter he would be praising MMA. The only reason Bob Arum talks out of his ass on these things is because he can't make money off of it currently. Let's not forget how he praises Oscar when Oscar is signed with him, and when Oscar left he had nothing but negativity. Bob Arum barks to the moon only when its green. So I barely take anything he says seriously Yes Antonio Margarito got suspended because he was a Mexican Boy translation: fuck!! this suspension is gonna lose me money.... makes all the sense in the world Bob. Don't know why anyone takes anything this idiot says seriously
    Last edited by Majesty; 09-14-2009 at 06:12 PM.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cleveland steamer View Post
    LOL... Arum may be an old fool but what he said about Mayweather was pure truth
    Watch

Mayweather-Burton
    Mayweather-Ndou
    Mayweather-Sosa
    Mayweather-Chavez
    Mayweather-G. Hernandez
    Mayweather-Corley

Floyd isn't a pussy, and when he isn't fighting somebody way bigger than him, he knows how to throw down.
    HAHAHahahaha... you said it. those days are loooong gone though my friend. If everyone had known he'd fight like a pussy after superfeatherweight, we'd never bought fights! DUH! (and you forgot the super-shot Corrales-Mayweather fight)
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez The Killer View Post

You have never watched MMA nor do you have any idea about it apparently

Further stabbing home the point Bob Arum knows nothing about MMA.

A lot of MMA stars train in gyms and most of them even train with professional boxers in preparations.

How quickly he forgets Diego "Nightmare" Sanchez who trained with his former protege Oscar De La Hoya. Oscar went as so far as to call him the "Next Great". Oh how Bob Arum forgets. Bob Arum must also forget Rampage Jackson who is "black" and whom has a huge following in the US and in Japan. BJ Penn who is Hawaiian and known as one of the best p4p in his weight division that even despite being a lightweight has gone up to heavyweight and because of his jujitsu skills pulled off a few wins. Oh and Anderson Silva, who is widely considered number 1 p4p in general who also has a huge following in Japan, the US and Brazil.

So the fact Bob Arum makes such a close minded statement shows he knows absolutely nothing about MMA or its stars and is just talking out of his ass for the close minded numb nuts close minded enough to believe him But all would be forgotten if Bob Arum could make a quick buck off of an MMA fighter he would be praising MMA. The only reason Bob Arum talks out of his ass on these things is because he can't make money off of it currently. Let's not forget how he praises Oscar when Oscar is signed with him, and when Oscar left he had nothing but negativity. Bob Arum barks to the moon only when its green. So I barely take anything he says seriously Yes Antonio Margarito got suspended because he was a Mexican Boy translation: fuck!! this suspension is gonna lose me money.... makes all the sense in the world Bob. Don't know why anyone takes anything this idiot says seriously
    P4P fighters don't have weight divisions. That's the point. Sorry, not picking on you, jsut saying.

But in all seriousness, Arum has a few valid points. There are a lot of fights won on sheer aggression. How the hell does Griffin beat Rampage? I think the whole sport is flawed because there are too many easy ways out of fights/fighting.

I guess you have to figure out what you like to see. A man without a match (mayweather), a man who always has contention (Gatti), a man who wins on luck (Griffin, Mayorga). Conditioning is really big in MMA, which I think he wrongfully takes away from them... There's so muc more I could say but Ill leave it at that.
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Thread Information