Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hilarious Bob Arum interview bashing Floyd, and UFC

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cortez The Killer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    daaaaaaaaamn Arum came off as racist as ever lol "it's just a bunch of skin head white trash" lol "i know the Mexicans, Filipinos, and Blacks aren't buying this garbage"

hahaha! i didn't watch it, but Arum is a bad ass for saying that! love the guy lol

UFC is just medicore-athletic hardass-wanna be white guys who wrestled in college, roofied girls, and have won a few bar fights. Blind aggression will win that shet 40% of the time. Blind aggression is almost as good as skill in that joke league. I put mma with golf, ping pong, and bowling. not a real sport.

every so often i get into a mma match when I drink too much. actually it's more exciting when i do it. seating room only
    You have never watched MMA nor do you have any idea about it apparently

daaaaaaaaamn Arum came off as racist as ever lol "it's just a bunch of skin head white trash" lol "i know the Mexicans, Filipinos, and Blacks aren't buying this garbage"
    Further stabbing home the point Bob Arum knows nothing about MMA.

A lot of MMA stars train in gyms and most of them even train with professional boxers in preparations.

How quickly he forgets Diego "Nightmare" Sanchez who trained with his former protege Oscar De La Hoya. Oscar went as so far as to call him the "Next Great". Oh how Bob Arum forgets. Bob Arum must also forget Rampage Jackson who is "black" and whom has a huge following in the US and in Japan. BJ Penn who is Hawaiian and known as one of the best p4p in his weight division that even despite being a lightweight has gone up to heavyweight and because of his jujitsu skills pulled off a few wins. Oh and Anderson Silva, who is widely considered number 1 p4p in general who also has a huge following in Japan, the US and Brazil.

So the fact Bob Arum makes such a close minded statement shows he knows absolutely nothing about MMA or its stars and is just talking out of his ass for the close minded numb nuts close minded enough to believe him But all would be forgotten if Bob Arum could make a quick buck off of an MMA fighter he would be praising MMA. The only reason Bob Arum talks out of his ass on these things is because he can't make money off of it currently. Let's not forget how he praises Oscar when Oscar is signed with him, and when Oscar left he had nothing but negativity. Bob Arum barks to the moon only when its green. So I barely take anything he says seriously Yes Antonio Margarito got suspended because he was a Mexican Boy translation: fuck!! this suspension is gonna lose me money.... makes all the sense in the world Bob. Don't know why anyone takes anything this idiot says seriously
    I think I've some desperate moments in my life. I've gotten low before. I usually don't remember it cleary when I wake up.

And at times in those moments, I stoop down. I've watched mma with co-workers. I even enjoyed it a littlle. Kind of like that night at MGM when I hadn't slept for 4 days, and i bought $600 of "cocaine" and I use parentheses because apparently the fuking yak I buy in vegas is worse than here in pittsburgh, which mean one of two things: pittsburgh snow is great, or more likely, the korean guy with tattoos who i thought looked really cool and when he approaches and i put out mucho dinero at the 3-6 nl table is trying to sell you bunk yak.

And that was my trip.

I had an std after. which really sucked because i had a research-psych position at Pitt (solid respectable university) and thenI was done and than vegas w two good friends and my health insurance expired by the time i sent tot the docter when i know i haad shit down there and I had to pay $65 cash and dude was like "go to CVS, you can get shit for that over the counter"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

fyi, i have to drop this. When mma fighters try to "box" or fight stand-up it's embarrassing. For them. But I think they don't even notice how embarrassed they are because they are cut on steroids (cycle off 30 before fight) and creatine and AAKG (which is what makes there veins stick out)

Ufc is more about appearance and making 14 kids think it's coo. any "adult" that thinks they like that shit is semi-autistic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you know at first i thought those ufc guy were just thugs but i watched a programme that scientists taking reports on there power & it was scary there power was so much higher than any other martial artists. the scientist made them do some of the tests again as they couldnt believe the readings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyFolds View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

hahaha! i didn't watch it, but Arum is a bad ass for saying that! love the guy lol

UFC is just medicore-athletic hardass-wanna be white guys who wrestled in college, roofied girls, and have won a few bar fights. Blind aggression will win that shet 40% of the time. Blind aggression is almost as good as skill in that joke league. I put mma with golf, ping pong, and bowling. not a real sport.

every so often i get into a mma match when I drink too much. actually it's more exciting when i do it. seating room only
    You have never watched MMA nor do you have any idea about it apparently

Further stabbing home the point Bob Arum knows nothing about MMA.

A lot of MMA stars train in gyms and most of them even train with professional boxers in preparations.

How quickly he forgets Diego "Nightmare" Sanchez who trained with his former protege Oscar De La Hoya. Oscar went as so far as to call him the "Next Great". Oh how Bob Arum forgets. Bob Arum must also forget Rampage Jackson who is "black" and whom has a huge following in the US and in Japan. BJ Penn who is Hawaiian and known as one of the best p4p in his weight division that even despite being a lightweight has gone up to heavyweight and because of his jujitsu skills pulled off a few wins. Oh and Anderson Silva, who is widely considered number 1 p4p in general who also has a huge following in Japan, the US and Brazil.

So the fact Bob Arum makes such a close minded statement shows he knows absolutely nothing about MMA or its stars and is just talking out of his ass for the close minded numb nuts close minded enough to believe him But all would be forgotten if Bob Arum could make a quick buck off of an MMA fighter he would be praising MMA. The only reason Bob Arum talks out of his ass on these things is because he can't make money off of it currently. Let's not forget how he praises Oscar when Oscar is signed with him, and when Oscar left he had nothing but negativity. Bob Arum barks to the moon only when its green. So I barely take anything he says seriously Yes Antonio Margarito got suspended because he was a Mexican Boy translation: fuck!! this suspension is gonna lose me money.... makes all the sense in the world Bob. Don't know why anyone takes anything this idiot says seriously

P4P fighters don't have weight divisions. That's the point.
    Sorry, not picking on you, jsut saying.

But in all seriousness, Arum has a few valid points. There are a lot of fights won on sheer aggression. How the hell does Griffin beat Rampage? I think the whole sport is flawed because there are too many easy ways out of fights/fighting.

I guess you have to figure out what you like to see. A man without a match (mayweather), a man who always has contention (Gatti), a man who wins on luck (Griffin, Mayorga). Conditioning is really big in MMA, which I think he wrongfully takes away from them... There's so muc more I could say but Ill leave it at that.
    Yes they do. To be p4p you are either dominating your division or divisions. That's how you get the p4p moniker imo.

And Griffin beat Rampage by using his range and his distance and setting him up with leg kicks. He actually fought a very smart fight, he tried going toe to toe and got dropped in the first round. Afterwards he started fighting smart using his leg kicks and his size he basically outboxed Rampage's aggression in a manner of saying.

And Forrest against Anderson Silva sorta reminded me of Pacquiao vs Hatton. Griffin went in there with really no clue how he was gonna beat Silva so he tried a gameplan and when it didnt work he tried slugging and that didn't work and was his downfall. He found out Silva could hurt him and hurt him bad and he never recovered. He was already "out" before Silva stopped him with the walk away jab, Griffins legs were already gone, anything could have put him down at that point.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

El Kabong Guest

fyi, i have to drop this. When mma fighters try to "box" or fight stand-up it's embarrassing.
    For the most part I agree, but every once in a while whether out of real training or out of blind ass luck you see someone do something that any boxer would do.

I just see it as a totally different entity outside of boxing, I can watch it, and appreciate the skill involved but I have nothing invested in the majority of MMA fighters....Machida, Silva, and GSP are good classy guys, they'll never beat any top boxer in boxing, but the same can be said about any top boxer who fights them in MMA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    fyi, i have to drop this. When mma fighters try to "box" or fight stand-up it's embarrassing.
    For the most part I agree, but every once in a while whether out of real training or out of blind ass luck you see someone do something that any boxer would do.

I just see it as a totally different entity outside of boxing, I can watch it, and appreciate the skill involved but I have nothing invested in the majority of MMA fighters....Machida, Silva, and GSP are good classy guys, they'll never beat any top boxer in boxing, but the same can be said about any top boxer who fights them in MMA.
    I like how i've been here a while; and Lyle is the only one who takes me seriously. Maybe not seriously; but at least at face value.

Even when i'm between jobs and have been drinking since 2 pm on Monday. Don't judge me.

But to respond to your response my friend, one only must watch Sanchez- Stevenson. It is truly the Hagler-Hearns of MMA. Truly a classic. i've killed fifths of vodka and still box better than that.

If Hagler and Hearns had no skills, did performance-enchanching drugs that made them slow and gave them physically awkward movements, and seriously licked my nut sack at fighting; than they would be widely popular UFC fighters.excuse my français

Whoever hasn;'t seen it, I want to reiterate: Sanchez- Stevenson.

Tis' truly an mma classic.

Thread Information