Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let me clear Pac's 'steroids' issue, it's really simple.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Let me clear Pac's 'steroids' issue, it's really simple.

The steroid issue is a serious accusation that I thought it deserves its own thread.

First off, when Pac fought at the superfeatherweight level, his walking weight was around 150lbs. Now fighting around the welterweight level, his walking weight is more or less the same at around 150lbs. Which means that at superfeatherweight, he was just dehydrating himself more, while at the welterweight level, he just go on training without worrying much about his weight; as a matter of fact, he try not to lose too much weight during training by gorging himself. So in reality, Pac didn't gain much real weight going up the weight classes. Can't those critics just give him credit for that...
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Let me clear Pac's 'steroids' issue, it's really simple.

Quote Originally Posted by pacfan View Post
    The steroid issue is a serious accusation that I thought it deserves its own thread.

First off, when Pac fought at the superfeatherweight level, his walking weight was around 150lbs. Now fighting around the welterweight level, his walking weight is more or less the same at around 150lbs. Which means that at superfeatherweight, he was just dehydrating himself more, while at the welterweight level, he just go on training without worrying much about his weight; as a matter of fact, he try not to lose too much weight during training by gorging himself. So in reality, Pac didn't gain much real weight going up the weight classes. Can't those critics just give him credit for that...
    It now has 3.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post

It now has 3.
    With all due respect Pacfan, his right it does have three now.

This whole steriod thing came from a mayweather, I would think of all people you'd know this topic deserves very little attention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually it does not deserve its own thread regardless of what Roger stated in the interview....

1- Who the hell takes anything Roger Mayweather say's seriously

2- It is really not an issue and there has been nothing that confirms or even suggest he might take roids so how it this worthy of its own thread.

It is threads like this that start the whole "Enough of Pacquiao" chants from the average fan.....

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post

Actually it does not deserve its own thread regardless of what Roger stated in the interview....

2- It is really not an issue and there has been nothing that confirms or even suggest he might take roids so how it this worthy of its own thread.

It is threads like this that start the whole "Enough of Pacquiao" chants from the average fan.....
    Agree with that except it was Floyd Sr. All the more reason to ignore it

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're wrong there, Daxx. Now there's Jeff joining the fray and lot's of people actually believe in this 'Mayweather'.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree with that except it was Floyd Sr. All the more reason to ignore it
    My mistake mate your right it was Sr. but again who the hell takes Floyd Sr seriously....Hell other then when he is in the ring who takes Floyd Jr seriously

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're wrong there, Daxx. Now there's Jeff joining the fray and lot's of people actually believe in this 'Mayweather'.

Who are these people.....Again who takes a Mayweather seriously?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Steroids don't make your hands faster, give you a better chin, ring smarts etc.....floyd and these guys are just starting shit. Floyd beats these guys easy i dont care if they have, steriods, piss, magic fairy dust, lava from the planet baloo etc...in thier bodies. Conditoning and physcial abilities is a small part of what makes floyd what he is. Guys in every sport cheat so what ?? The next time we have a fair boxing match, football game or even hop-scotch contest it will be the first time. They catch who they can when they want to but above that it's anyone's guess. Remember above all this money is most important in sports, you make it for the powers that be and they'll let all kinds of shit slide.
    Last edited by Mar; 09-16-2009 at 07:29 PM.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mar

steriods can do everything from, faster speed, reflexes, enhanced stamina, enhanced power. It can't give you a better chin, but it can make your neck stronger which helps a lot.

However people who don't really pay attention to fighters spout this nonesense.

Pacquiao weighed 145 against marquez when they fought at 130.

He weighed 148 against David Diaz at 135
    He weighed 148 against Hatton and De la Hoya, that isn't taking steriods. Its him not having to cut as much weight.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post

It now has 3.
    With all due respect Pacfan, his right it does have three now.

This whole steriod thing came from a mayweather, I would think of all people you'd know this topic deserves very little attention.
    You forgot the 'Sir' with capital S. C'mon Julius, stop treating me like your wife...

Yup it deserves very little attention but I saw around dozen new articles regarding the issue so it ain't laffing matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Mar

steriods can do everything from, faster speed, reflexes, enhanced stamina, enhanced power. It can't give you a better chin, but it can make your neck stronger which helps a lot.

He weighed 148 against Hatton and De la Hoya, that isn't taking steriods. Its him not having to cut as much weight.
    'nuff said. Thanks buddy.
    This should clear things up...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think there's any real reason to think Pacquiao has been doing steroids (no more so than any other modern athlete).

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I don't think there's any real reason to think Pacquiao has been doing steroids (no more so than any other modern athlete).
    He's never tested dirty. So he can't be accused of it. But really I wouldn't be surprised if 2 years down the road we see Manny in front of congress.

Pacquiao: I no do steroids. Me no know why test come out dirty. Yes, Freddie poked me in ass a lot. But me never see no needle in his hand when he did. Freddie promised it was only protein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    He's never tested dirty. So he can't be accused of it. But really I wouldn't be surprised if 2 years down the road we see Manny in front of congress.

Pacquiao: I no do steroids. Me no know why test come out dirty. Yes, Freddie poked me in ass a lot. But me never see no needle in his hand when he did. Freddie promised it was only protein.
    HAHAHA!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Mar

So what's Mayweather Sr. got to say about Marquez and what if Marquez knock's out Mayeather Jr.

I'm certainly no expert about what it is specifically that makes the knockout, but I would think that the graphic explainations showing a concision from the brain slamming against the back of the head would have more impact if the is less flexibility in the neck.

YouTube - The Anatomy Of The One Punch Knockout

Thread Information