Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I am wanting Mayweather-Mosley more and more

I've been wanting Pacquiao-Mayweather for a long time now, but lately I've been wanting Mayweather-Mosley more and more. I am not so sure its not as challenging of a fight for Mayweather anymore. Even though I don't think Mosley is close to in the same league as Mayweather skillwise, I think his physical assets are superior. He's roughly as fast, way stronger, and if either of them is going to be hurt its not Mosley. I truly don't think Mosley had the adaptive skills to beat skilled bigger men, but I think he is a lot better against smaller guys. We saw it at lightweight, we saw it for the first time in a long time against Collazo, and I think Mosley like Oscar is a pretty tight fighter, he always seems wound up, and I think fighting smaller guys really lets him loosen up which improves his skills tenfold. I think Mosley might be able to start what Oscar couldn't finish. I can't see Mosley landing enough to hurt MAyweather or even to connect as often, but I could see Mosley fighting like Oscar did against Mayweather, but staying strong for the entire 12 rounds. I have never thought that Mosley was as technically sound as Oscar, and I don't think his offensive skills would trouble Mayweather the same ways Oscar's did at times, but I think his speed might overcome those differences if he was loose enough to let combinations go like he used to at welterweight.

We saw a Mayweather we hadn't seen in a long time because he was the bigger man, he could jab effectively because the guy wasn't 10-15 pounds heavier than him, he could move forward and throw combinations with greater speed because he knew his punches wouldn't be shrugged off.

Most of all I want Mayweather to face Mosley because I feel in my heart of hearts this is a fight that Mayweather won't lose, I think he will make Mosley fight him at range and use his superior jab and defensive skills to make Mosley look relatively bad. I think Mayweather-Pacquiao will happen, but I wish this one would as well. I got what I really wished when I saw Mayweather face Marquez, and that was Mayweather fighting another tactician. Now I want to see Mayweather fight either Pacquiao or Mosley because they are guys that will really force Mayweather to shine, and not because he is so gifted physically because they all have similar speed, and Mayweather is the lightest puncher out of the group, but because he is the most technically skilled fighter out of them. He didn't use size to beat Marquez which has been so overshadowed like I want it to be, because of the weight issue. He was pussy for not making the right weight, and I want him to beat a legend without all the advantages. He's already done it against Oscar De La Hoya, but every elite ATG does it several times in their career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I am wanting Mayweather-Mosley more and more

i don't

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree totally, Taeth. It's a fight that excites me more than a Pacquaio one. Mosley is big, strong, fast and has a great chin. I would like to see Mosley get his shot sooner rather than later and it would be great to see what he can do against Floyd. Mosley at his best would definitely give Floyd a lot to think about.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would prefer def Mayweather/Mosley.All rides on Cotto-Manny fight.Floyds bulky now,showed speed w straight shots.Shane would press action,matches weight & hooks tight... but man,he can be boxed.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

May Vs. Mosley would probably be the best fight in boxing, even if Pac gets by Cotto, he really doesn't stand a chance against Mayweather.

Shane is big, fast, strong, with an iron chin at WW. It would be one hell of a fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When Mayweather wins people will just say that Shane was old and Margarito was overrated and that Mayorga showed how past it Shane was.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    When Mayweather wins people will just say that Shane was old and Margarito was overrated and that Mayorga showed how past it Shane was.
    yawn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yet I still think Mayweather's wins over Hatton and Oscar De La HOya were significant, just like I thought Pacquiao were over Hatton and De La Hoya... its one thing to make excuses for why people win or lose fights, its another to always win fights regardless of who you are facing.

In all honesty looking back with 20/20 hindsight I think the Oscar that faced Mayweather is the most dangerous test he will face at least before age catches up. Oscar was very fast, way bigger, and threw a lot of punches, and Mayweather wasn't trying to move as much, and he still made Oscar look ordinary. I think what I saw with Mayweather-Marquez showed me if you put Mayweather in there with Pacquiao, I think Manny would land a few lefts, but ultimately Mayweather would pick him apart. Shane is the wild card, he looked so sharp and well timed against Collazo who is faster than Cotto and a good fighter, but then he started loading up on punches and almost disregarded defense against Cotto, I think Margarito was the first guy Mosley actually didn't try to outdo in what they do best. I think if he worked on his jab and started throwing combinations again which I can't see him not doing against a significantly smaller guy like Mayweather then he could be a real test for Floyd.
    Last edited by Taeth; 09-24-2009 at 02:58 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If PAC TKOs Cotto impressively, Pac vs MAyweather should push through. Mosley should wait if this happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With what is left at welterweight Mosley is PBF's toughest challenge. I think Cotto may be considered better at welterweight but Mosley would be a better fight. I hope Cotto does win because that would Mosley's only real chance at PBF in the near future. If Pac wins there is no doubt that PBF/Pac is boxing's biggest money fight and money rules boxing so Mosley best be a sparring partner, running mate, trainer, etc. for Cotto. Because Pac has to lose for Mosley to have a chance at fighting PBF next. Cotto would probably have a slight better chance if he won but I think the bad blood would sell better and finally push Mosley in that spot.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
    If PAC TKOs Cotto impressively, Pac vs MAyweather should push through. Mosley should wait if this happens.
    I agree with the post. I'd prefer to see Mosley v. Mayweather, but if Pac destroys Cotto like he did Hatton and DLH, then fair enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

According to that logic. You should start a thread pushing for his retirement. Because no one is worth fighting. Cotto will be considered ruined. Shane's too old. Berto's too green. Pac's too small. Booo Whoooo for Mayweather...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So do I but Mayweather will not have the balls to risk his 0 and being the greatest fighter ever in the history of boxing better than SRR, SRL, Ali .....
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather-Moseley first as Moseley time is more or less counted, the winner fights Pacman if he beats Cotto.

Sounds quite fair to me, what do you think?
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather View Post
    According to that logic. You should start a thread pushing for his retirement. Because no one is worth fighting. Cotto will be considered ruined. Shane's too old. Berto's too green. Pac's too small. Booo Whoooo for Mayweather...
    And thats exactly the excuses they'd get if Mayweather beat them. And then people would say how he should fight Paul Williams to prove he is the true best.

Mayweather could beat Cotto, Mosley and Berto and any and every excuse would come up as to why Floyd beat them besides Floyd being better them them and getting his due.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Thread Information