Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Two terribly late stoppages:Opponents of Tua and Lemieux

David Lemieux has power and God knoes so does Tua. There was no need to let their oppoents continue in their recent fights after they had been decked the first time. Judge for yourself. Scary stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Er8jgbmphk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h79HijJG9Rc

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Two terribly late stoppages:Opponents of Tua and Lemieux

The Lemieux fight seem fair, his opponent got floored and shook his head as to signal he made an error.. then he got up not wobbly and wanted to come forward to fight, got knocked down again then the fight was stop. The Tua fight i felt bad for his opponent the fight should have been stop after the 2nd knockdown. Boxing is a crazy sport though just imagine if Marquez would have been stop after his 3rd knockdown with pacquiao.. we would of never seen the epic comeback draw.
    Hidden Content There is no reward for second place

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by purtyboy View Post
    The Lemieux fight seem fair, his opponent got floored and shook his head as to signal he made an error.. then he got up not wobbly and wanted to come forward to fight, got knocked down again then the fight was stop. The Tua fight i felt bad for his opponent the fight should have been stop after the 2nd knockdown. Boxing is a crazy sport though just imagine if Marquez would have been stop after his 3rd knockdown with pacquiao.. we would of never seen the epic comeback draw.
    I didn't see anything wrong with the Lemieux fight either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tua vid is gone again! I still ain't seen it but I can't find it anywhere.

I thought the stoppage on the first fight was fair he was not badly hurt and deserved a chance to fight on.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well you wouldnt have any Matthew Saad Mohammed type comebacks if all refs were so quick to stop fights.....I'll take Steve Smoger type refs over Richard Steele type refs any day.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lemieux is regarded as one of our best hope here in Quebec, hammer in both fists, seem to have a good stamina and his coach is possibly one of the finest we have in Canada. HArd to know if he'll live up to the expectations but for the moment, it is possible to believe it.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So nothing wrong with the Lemieux stoppage at all really, his opponent looked like he had his legs and his eye's were focusing. Couldn't see the Tua one, we'll have to ask Galaxy what he thought, he was there.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Lemieux is regarded as one of our best hope here in Quebec, hammer in both fists, seem to have a good stamina and his coach is possibly one of the finest we have in Canada. HArd to know if he'll live up to the expectations but for the moment, it is possible to believe it.
    He is very exciting, although I feel that he will get found out against a better technical boxer at Championship level.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    He is very exciting, although I feel that he will get found out against a better technical boxer at Championship level.
    That could be but Russ Anber is a damn trainer and he said once that he wants to build him up slowly as much was remaining to teach him. Thus far, they try to give him durable opponents but he knocks them quite too fast... which is exciting but not so good as he has to learn how to make 12 rounds. Thus said, he could get exposed by a very good technical boxer, quite possible, but the kid's quite young and we'll have to wait at least 2 more years to judge of his exact potential.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That could be but Russ Anber is a damn trainer and he said once that he wants to build him up slowly as much was remaining to teach him. Thus far, they try to give him durable opponents but he knocks them quite too fast... which is exciting but not so good as he has to learn how to make 12 rounds. Thus said, he could get exposed by a very good technical boxer, quite possible, but the kid's quite young and we'll have to wait at least 2 more years to judge of his exact potential.
    I think Anber is a decent trainer, but he often strikes me as a kind of wannabe Emmanuel Steward in that he wants to be all things to everybody in Canada, ie great trainer & pundit & for me he hasn't done either.

I would have liked to see Lemieux with either Howard Grant, or otherwise Stephen Larouche who is an extremely underrated trainer.
    Last edited by JazMerkin; 10-06-2009 at 08:31 PM. Reason: wrong Grant brother

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Anber is a decent trainer, but he often strikes me as a kind of wannabe Emmanuel Steward in that he wants to be all things to everybody in Canada, ie great trainer & pundit & for me he hasn't done either.

I would have liked to see Lemieux with either Howard Grant, or otherwise Stephen Larouche who is an extremely underrated trainer.
    Both trainer are quite skilled though i would prefer Larouche to Grant. Thus said, Anber is, I think, more skilled than both, the thing is that he works mainly to develop the amateur and olympics boxers, hence why you don't hear often about him on the "big scene" so to speak. I used to watch often his podcasts and seriously, it is damn impressive how more than often he gets the strategies and predictions right and is quite humble overall. i had the chance to meet him once in Canada, he was kind enough to invite to let me sit with him and some friends which I donT' know and we talked box very normally and he listrened to me as if I was his equal in the matter, seriously, his humility surprised me
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I been watching Lemieux since like his 3rd fight. I like what i see. But he seriously needs to step up the comp level. It's been time

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I must be seeing the Lemieux fight different from you guys. I don't think he should have been let back in. He looked as cloudy-eyed as a fighter can be to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Russ Amber is a piece of shit, and I hate him. He may be an alright trainer, but he thinks he walks on air, and he makes the worst predictions in boxing. He thought Gatti would beat Mayweather for example.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post

Russ Amber is a piece of shit, and I hate him. He may be an alright trainer, but he thinks he walks on air, and he makes the worst predictions in boxing. He thought Gatti would beat Mayweather for example.
    I think you exaggerate Taeth, if I recall, for Gatti-Mayweather, he said he'll go with Gatti because he knows him for very long, ne never really thought he would have the nods, he said that to back him up. Also, listening to in this corner quite often (now only podcasts when there is some due to distance), I would argue quite the opposite and even name a few examples like Tarver-Hopkins, at the time when most peoples Hopkins would get blown up by Tarver due to Weight and he still predicted that Hopkins would ram Tarver.
    I have no problems with peoples disliking him for some reasons, I can't stand James McGirt for many reasons, but he,s more than an o.k coach and to say that he makes shit prediction is really not accurate either.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information