Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I am a new Froch fan!

His demeanor and analysis of his own fight was amazing. For some reason i just like him now.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I am a new Froch fan!

I agree. He came across well in the post fight interview. Dirrell simply wasn't doing anything except hug and dive onto the canvas for more than half the fight. You've got to hit what you can when someone is so unwilling to engage.

Froch looked poor tonight, but did what he could to grind out a result. Dirrell only looked above mediocre in a few of the rounds to me also. Good handspeed, but he spends so much time doing absolutely nothing. The diving on the floor repeatedly was just pathetic. And he kept clutching onto Froch for dear life. Again it looked somewhat gay.

I'm not a fan of that kind of carry on at all. Froch was the bigger man for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMHO Dirrell needs to learn how to fight. He has great athleticism, but he has no ring savvy!

Was New York, Cali most recently to present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just didn't see that fight at all, I am going to re watch the fight when its out in better quality, but I saw as Dirrell seeing everything Froch had to throw, the speed difference was amazing. I think it was even the 10th round Dirrell had him staggered at the bell. Dirrell made him look very amateurish. Dirrell outlanded him with better percentage and his defense I thought was great, even the biased British commentary I was listening to was commenting on that and they even had Dirrell winning the fight at the end.

I wasn't a fan of Dirrell going into this fight, but I am now. He went in Froch's backyard very early in his career and I think he did ok. The point deduction was garbage, there wasnt even a legit warning to Dirrell where as Froch received a couple for punching in the back of the head and hitting on the break and throwing him to the ground. Froch used dirty tactics out of frustration cause he couldnt catch Dirrell. It was a slow fight in the beginning yes, but towards the end Dirrell started going to work putting in the combinations and getting the better of Froch. They were showing highlights at the end of the fight and they all belonged to Dirrell, Froch didn't land anything significant.

Froch was exposed tonight as a slow lurch and will probably be KO'ed badly by Kessler next round anyway. end of rant

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DAWGSWIN View Post
    IMHO Dirrell needs to learn how to fight. He has great athleticism, but he has no ring savvy!
    For sure, great handspeed and he can avoid a punch or two, but that's where it ends for me. He's way too negative and whines like a little girl. He has awful output too. Just fight dammit and stop trying to copulate with the opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Dirrel did what Taylor should have done to Abraham hold & hold & hold, I was not impressed by this performens I saw a few good shots and excellent movement, maybe he was to scared he could have done better I think.

Still Froch will face a tougher challenge in Denmark against Kessler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dirrel did actually fight in rounds 11 and 12 and won both rounds handily, but in the other round he held, kept turning his back and back of his head towards froch and just refused to fight. This has to be one of the worst fights i ever saw in my life. Neither guy deserved a win. They both deserved a big fat zero for the zero of a fight they produced. Sloppy and worse than ugly.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roll on Kessler - Froch, that can't fail to be a cracker.....can it?
    help erase this from our minds.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman89 View Post
    Roll on Kessler - Froch, that can't fail to be a cracker.....can it?
    help erase this from our minds.
    Kessler and Abraham both pound out Carl "The Fraud" Froch in less then 5, Froch proved he's utter crap and his chin is anything but granite, he has no skill what-so-ever, and he's slow as fuck, Dirrell beat him last night and if that fight would have taken place anywhere else that's not England he would have won a clear cut decision, IMO Ward outboxes Froch easily, and both Abraham and Kessler brutally knock the dirty bastard out effortlessly, he's a slightly better yet slower version of Edison Miranda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I agree. He came across well in the post fight interview. Dirrell simply wasn't doing anything except hug and dive onto the canvas for more than half the fight. You've got to hit what you can when someone is so unwilling to engage.

Froch looked poor tonight, but did what he could to grind out a result. Dirrell only looked above mediocre in a few of the rounds to me also. Good handspeed, but he spends so much time doing absolutely nothing. The diving on the floor repeatedly was just pathetic. And he kept clutching onto Froch for dear life. Again it looked somewhat gay.

I'm not a fan of that kind of carry on at all. Froch was the bigger man for me.
    Dirrell did run and clinch but he also landed the cleaner blows and was buiser in most of the rounds.

Thats more than what i can say for Froch, All Froch did was hit air and fight dirty.

Froch can't win the fight based on clinching less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Froch sounded like a smug mofo after the fight. He apologized to the fans for his performance then blamed it all on Direll. "Sorry that I didn't land any punches but Direll just ducked too much. Doesn't he know he's supposed to just stand there and let me hit him?"
    "The refusal to respect one's enemies is a weakness, a stinginess of heart." Frederick the Great

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only argument for Froch winning is Dirrell was boring. Which he is. But he's better than Froch, not sure how much that's saying though.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OumaFan you forgot that Froch was walking forward too, and as we all know walking forward is effective aggression.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I could easily have gotten to like Froch last night. And even gotten past the dirty stuff, and embraced it even a bit. Just so long as it went with some quality boxing skills, and not possibly the worst, poorly timed slow left hook I've seen in boxing, wiffing at air and calling foul, and a plethora of others obvious things that he got exposed for. Yea, if he showed some skill to back up that gritty dirty style (that wasn't even effective) and pompous attitude, I might like him.

But he didn't, so he is justa jackass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sorry but he has got to have one of the ugliest styles of all time.

not a fan of him at all.

Thread Information