Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who is the hardest hitter in the sport P4P in your opinion

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the hardest puncher in the sport currently P4P ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who is the hardest puncher in the sport currently P4P ?

Quote Originally Posted by levi#1BoxingFan View Post
    Who voted for kermit cintron? LOL!
    Cintron has some genuine power, it's not a crazy vote.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by levi#1BoxingFan View Post
    Who voted for kermit cintron? LOL!
    Cintron has some genuine power, it's not a crazy vote.
    Def not. Had he still been at WW I may have even voted for him. He hasn't carried that same power up with him but he can stll bang!

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Even back to the Am's the right he caught Solis with at the World Champs imagine that was with 10 oz gloves and no headgear, Solis would of been put to sleep.
    Sure he's KO'd a ton of guys, but his power has to carry to heavyweight for him to be considered a P4P power puncher and so far he's KO'd 2 guys who have already been KO'd and his record is littered with guys who had been KO'd before he got to them.

Haye was the FIRST to stop: Lasse Johanssen and Giacobbe Fragomeni...that is all

You compare that to Wlad and Vitali and who they have stopped it's obvious Haye doesn't belong in the picture YET. Had he moved from 175 to cruiserweight and to heavyweight KO-ing everyone left and right YES I would agree with you putting him in there but right now it's a little premature.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Even back to the Am's the right he caught Solis with at the World Champs imagine that was with 10 oz gloves and no headgear, Solis would of been put to sleep.
    Sure he's KO'd a ton of guys, but his power has to carry to heavyweight for him to be considered a P4P power puncher and so far he's KO'd 2 guys who have already been KO'd and his record is littered with guys who had been KO'd before he got to them.

Haye was the FIRST to stop: Lasse Johanssen and Giacobbe Fragomeni...that is all

You compare that to Wlad and Vitali and who they have stopped it's obvious Haye doesn't belong in the picture YET. Had he moved from 175 to cruiserweight and to heavyweight KO-ing everyone left and right YES I would agree with you putting him in there but right now it's a little premature.
    BUT he has still KO'd pretty much everyone that has been put in front of him and Fragomeni was a good KO when you consider he hasn't been KO'd or beaten for that matter since and is now WBC champ at 40 and is facing Zsolt Erdei next, which will no doubt be a big test.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also think David Haye should be on the list. We can only go on what he has done so far, which is blast out pretty much everyone. Time will tell at heavy though.

Oh yea and Lyle, i noticed on boxrec that Solis was extended the full 8 by the one and only Julius Long. The very same Julius Long that was taken out in 2 by Audley Harrison.
    Not sure why i feel i should tell you that, but for some reason i think it might be of interest to you.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

I understand that but if you compare him to other heavyweights alone he's a touch behind the curve.

Wlad was the first to stop: Chagaev, Brock, Thompson, Brewster, Mercer

Vitali was the first to stop: Sam Peter, Arreola, Kirk Johnson, Larry Donald

Those aren't even the full lists of guys the Klitschko's were the first to stop, but the impressive thing is that those fighters they stopped had fought and beaten or lasted the distance with other big time power punchers.

I am fully aware a chin can go bad after getting cracked and all, but I'm just saying what the Klitschko's have done at heavyweight puts them ahead of Haye in the P4P rankings.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I understand that but if you compare him to other heavyweights alone he's a touch behind the curve.

Wlad was the first to stop: Chagaev, Brock, Thompson, Brewster, Mercer

Vitali was the first to stop: Sam Peter, Arreola, Kirk Johnson, Larry Donald

Those aren't even the full lists of guys the Klitschko's were the first to stop, but the impressive thing is that those fighters they stopped had fought and beaten or lasted the distance with other big time power punchers.

I am fully aware a chin can go bad after getting cracked and all, but I'm just saying what the Klitschko's have done at heavyweight puts them ahead of Haye in the P4P rankings.
    They are both older and had a lot more fights too!

I know where your coming from though, but until someone stands upto one of his big shots, I personally am going to think of David Haye as a big p4p puncher!

El Kabong Guest

OK that's reasonable to think of him as a big power puncher until someone stands up to his punches, but to classify him in the P4P rankings it's premature.

If he was to fight Sam Peter and 1 punch KO him then I would say HELL YES he's up at the top of the P4P rankings in power punching, but he hasn't and it took him 5 rounds to stop Monte Barrett whom Solis just dropped in 2 rounds with 1 punch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK that's reasonable to think of him as a big power puncher until someone stands up to his punches, but to classify him in the P4P rankings it's premature.

If he was to fight Sam Peter and 1 punch KO him then I would say HELL YES he's up at the top of the P4P rankings in power punching, but he hasn't and it took him 5 rounds to stop Monte Barrett whom Solis just dropped in 2 rounds with 1 punch
    You can't really judge things like that though. I mean Audley Harrison stopped Danny Williams in 3 whereas it took Vitali 8 rounds to get him out and as someone mentioned earlier Solis went the distance with Julius Long who Audley KO'd in 2 and then Bonin who it took Audley 9 rounds to get out, got demolished in 1 by Haye!!

El Kabong Guest

Well if you really wanted to make a point you would have brought up Sinan Samil Sam stopping DW in 6, because the Audley-Williams fight happened after that beat down Vitali put on him....and there was no reason that fight deserved to go 8.

But I digress, Vitali's record speaks for itself

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well if you really wanted to make a point you would have brought up Sinan Samil Sam stopping DW in 6, because the Audley-Williams fight happened after that beat down Vitali put on him....and there was no reason that fight deserved to go 8.

But I digress, Vitali's record speaks for itself
    Well really I could go on forever with these silly little points. I was just trying to say you can't really go off who stopped who at what stage!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

obvious, simple answer but it has to be pacquiao

very rare at the lower weights you find a guy who can knock someone out with one punch

The guy is an animal at 122 pounds and an animal at 140.....the word "knockout artist" in the dictionary should just come with a picture of manny
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

very rare at the lower weights you find a guy who can knock someone out with one punch

The guy is an animal at 122 pounds and an animal at 140.....the word "knockout artist" in the dictionary should just come with a picture of manny
    His KO of Hatton was brilliant, but who else has he KOed with one punch?
    I'm not saying PAC isn't a hard puncher, but he's not a one-punch KO guy typically.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

His KO of Hatton was brilliant, but who else has he KOed with one punch?
    I'm not saying PAC isn't a hard puncher, but he's not a one-punch KO guy typically.
    Agreed. I know Oscar is iron chinned but he beat him with accumulation!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

for me without question its david haye, his record speaks for itself, also have u seen his training sessions on the pads, unfukkin real, the mans a walking stick of dynamite

Thread Information