Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dawson would beat Kessler

Kessler would outwork Dawson quite easily. Dawson takes so much time off in his fights throwing only intermittently. Kessler might even knock him out. Kessler is a much more assured and and all round fighter for me. Dawson either attacks or defends, he seems to have no fluidity between those two things. Kessler would take advantage of Dawsons flaws.

Dawson reminds me of Taylor from a few years back, all it will take is the right opponent to bust him up and Kessler would be one to do it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dawson is not mentally solid enough if you ask me, very often he gets gun shy and basically stop to press the action, against a murderous puncher like Kessler, you just can't do that. I think that the first 4-5 rounds would be competitive and then it would be a downfall to hell for Dawson.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sumkalambay View Post
    any talk of kessler's lefthook is a moot point because he has a crappy slapping lefthook.

anyway, dawson in his adamek form would win a wide decision. he's just slightly more versatile.
    Kessler doesn't have a left hook? huh? Did you watch the Andrade fight?
    Taeth, from the fights you've seen what other punches should we expect to see from Kessler in the Ward fight besides the one-two that he uses so well?

A Dawson v. Kessler fight is huge if Kessler wins the Super Six and Dawson beats Pascal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by blegit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugilistic View Post

I think you're definitely underestimating Johnson. Maybe to discredit Dawson's wins. Dawson has a better resume than Kessler. What about Adamek or Tarver? Its not by luck that Dawson keeps beating the best around light heavy. He's 5-0 against the great in that category. BTW, Dawson offered BHop a fight before he signed the Johnson fight and BHop turned it down. He said Dawson wasn't a big enough fight but I guess Enrique Ornelas, who he chose instead, is.
    Hopkins is fighting Ornelas as a tune up for a Jones fight.

Jones is twice the draw Dawson is.

Lets not forget that Hopkins is donating the money he earns for the Ornelas fight to charity.

Bhop was actually considering the winner of Dawson/Johnson but Jones started calling Hopkins out so he took that fight.
    Yes, I'm aware that RJJ is the draw and the major fight. I was in no way comparing Dawson to being a draw. I'm just pointing out to one post, who apparently has no respect for Dawson and thinks Dawson will get owned by Kessler and BHop, that even BHop is very well aware and respectful enough of Dawson's ability that he understands that taking him on could ruin a RJJ/BHop rematch. I understand the business of boxing and what BHop is doing. He should be doing that especially at his age.
    good point.

Kessler is actually very overated nowadays imo.

There is no denying Kessler is good but his resume is weak.

His best win is Andrade who is a decent fighter but nothing special.

Kessler's only real test was against Calzaghe and he lost. He did make it a competitive fight for 4 rounds though.

I'm a Hopkins fan but there is no doubt in my mind that Dawson would cause Hopkins trouble with his size and speed.

Hopkins would be able frustrate Dawson with his Defense, movement, counters and rough inside tactics.

Overall i think it's a bad fight for Dawson because whether you win or lose, Hopkins makes you look bad and if Dawson was to win, he wouldn't get much credit because Bernard would likely be 45 by the time they fought.

On the Kessler - Dawson fight i think Dawson would win quite clearly.

I think his speed and athleticism is too much for Kessler to handle.

Dawson is very good at putting fast combos together and i think this would trouble Kessler. Dawson would have to watch for Kessler's right hand though.

What worries me for Kessler is, Calzaghe was able to hurt him to the body and from what i have seen from Dawson he can crack to the body especially when he is putting his combos together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets not forget that Hopkins is donating the money he earns for the Ornelas fight to charity.

Bhop was actually considering the winner of Dawson/Johnson but Jones started calling Hopkins out so he took that fight.
    Yes, I'm aware that RJJ is the draw and the major fight. I was in no way comparing Dawson to being a draw. I'm just pointing out to one post, who apparently has no respect for Dawson and thinks Dawson will get owned by Kessler and BHop, that even BHop is very well aware and respectful enough of Dawson's ability that he understands that taking him on could ruin a RJJ/BHop rematch. I understand the business of boxing and what BHop is doing. He should be doing that especially at his age.
    good point.

Kessler is actually very overated nowadays imo.

There is no denying Kessler is good but his resume is weak.

His best win is Andrade who is a decent fighter but nothing special.

Kessler's only real test was against Calzaghe and he lost. He did make it a competitive fight for 4 rounds though.

I'm a Hopkins fan but there is no doubt in my mind that Dawson would cause Hopkins trouble with his size and speed.

Hopkins would be able frustrate Dawson with his Defense, movement, counters and rough inside tactics.

Overall i think it's a bad fight for Dawson because whether you win or lose, Hopkins makes you look bad and if Dawson was to win, he wouldn't get much credit because Bernard would likely be 45 by the time they fought.

On the Kessler - Dawson fight i think Dawson would win quite clearly.

I think his speed and athleticism is too much for Kessler to handle.

Dawson is very good at putting fast combos together and i think this would trouble Kessler. Dawson would have to watch for Kessler's right hand though.

What worries me for Kessler is, Calzaghe was able to hurt him to the body and from what i have seen from Dawson he can crack to the body especially when he is putting his combos together.

You will allways say Kessler is overated even if he won the super six tournament, it calls pure hate to Kessler, moron
    Super Middleweight also acknowledge as Kessler's Kingdom when Calzaghe has retire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Kessler would outwork Dawson quite easily. Dawson takes so much time off in his fights throwing only intermittently. Kessler might even knock him out. Kessler is a much more assured and and all round fighter for me. Dawson either attacks or defends, he seems to have no fluidity between those two things. Kessler would take advantage of Dawsons flaws.

Dawson reminds me of Taylor from a few years back, all it will take is the right opponent to bust him up and Kessler would be one to do it.
    dawson doesn't need to be a PBF to beat someone like kessler. that's what some of you don't get. kessler ain't a fucking great technician like some of you make him out to be. he's a typical stand-up euro fighter with a very basic skillset. he has zero inside game for crying out loud.

kessler is so fucking overrated it's not even funny. i've heard people comparing him to juan manuel marquez ffs. jmm's more dynamic than kessler will ever be despite being a very flawed fighter himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

dawson doesn't need to be a PBF to beat someone like kessler. that's what some of you don't get. kessler ain't a fucking great technician like some of you make him out to be. he's a typical stand-up euro fighter with a very basic skillset. he has zero inside game for crying out loud.

kessler is so fucking overrated it's not even funny. i've heard people comparing him to juan manuel marquez ffs. jmm's more dynamic than kessler will ever be despite being a very flawed fighter himself.
    Your so f*cking stupid its almost worth crying over

WHO the hell on this site has compared the ultra effective 168pound technician mikkel kessler to the super fast, hard hitting 130pound juan manuel marquez?

seriously...out them, they are as stupid and retarded as you are!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

on another forum u dumbshit.

if kessler is an "ultra effective" technician, then what do you make of guys like vernon forrest and marco antonio barrera who aren't even considered first-tier technicians?

if u think kessler is a technician, your standard for what makes a technician is atrociously low.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if kessler is an "ultra effective" technician, then what do you make of guys like vernon forrest and marco antonio barrera who aren't even considered first-tier technicians?

if u think kessler is a technician, your standard for what makes a technician is atrociously low.

I do apologise

Next time i want to quote you on something i`ll make extra sure i scour the whole of the world wide web
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

I do apologise

Next time i want to quote you on something i`ll make extra sure i scour the whole of the world wide web
    I still doubt you'd find that comparison anywhere

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guys are cold as ice.

sorry

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oooooo good one.

Hammer vs the ice man (not John Scully), interesting Hammer actually has a shot at winning this as his opponent has a history of beating himself. Unbelievable.

Um anyways like I said it's not going out there. I wouldn't compare Kessler to Marquez but if they did I'm sure it was just a reference to the counterpunching styles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    any talk of kessler's lefthook is a moot point because he has a crappy slapping lefthook.

anyway, dawson in his adamek form would win a wide decision. he's just slightly more versatile.
    Kessler doesn't have a left hook? huh? Did you watch the Andrade fight?
    Taeth, from the fights you've seen what other punches should we expect to see from Kessler in the Ward fight besides the one-two that he uses so well?

A Dawson v. Kessler fight is huge if Kessler wins the Super Six and Dawson beats Pascal.
    He uses the uppercut really well when people lunge in...

I totally agree; I was thinking earlier that a Kessler/Abraham (super six winner) v Dawson fight would be great.

Mix that in with the winner of Pavlik v Bute, and the great fights will continue for a couple of years.
    "...went 12 rounds with Ali, and never took a backwards step."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you're definitely underestimating Johnson. Maybe to discredit Dawson's wins. Dawson has a better resume than Kessler. What about Adamek or Tarver? Its not by luck that Dawson keeps beating the best around light heavy. He's 5-0 against the great in that category. BTW, Dawson offered BHop a fight before he signed the Johnson fight and BHop turned it down. He said Dawson wasn't a big enough fight but I guess Enrique Ornelas, who he chose instead, is.

I respect dawson's ability just not his heart. I fighter with a big heart knows when to put people away, and a fighter with a big heart does not become lazy just because he's ahead on points. Your probly saying "what does it matter about heart when he's easily beating people?" It's gonna matter when someone like a Hopkins (a dirty fighter) puts him in a dog fight. I just think when this type a fight finally comes along he's gonna be very green and not used to a brawl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by levi#1BoxingFan View Post

I respect dawson's ability just not his heart. I fighter with a big heart knows when to put people away, and a fighter with a big heart does not become lazy just because he's ahead on points. Your probly saying "what does it matter about heart when he's easily beating people?" It's gonna matter when someone like a Hopkins (a dirty fighter) puts him in a dog fight. I just think when this type a fight finally comes along he's gonna be very green and not used to a brawl.
    Did you really expect Glen Johnson and Antonio Tarver to be "put away" material I respect your opinion but BHop doesn't brawl. He is dirty but he is in no way a brawler. Brawling would actually be a very bad move for BHop, Dawson has all the advantages there, and he knows that. BHop is a tactician and the best at it. BHop would like to control the tempo and pick his spots.

Thread Information