Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pavlik vs Bute

I heard Hbo is interested in this one . Who wins and how if they would fight?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pavlik vs Bute

Bute would savage Pavlik and I would enjoy every second of it. However, Pavlik's right hand would be the key to the fight, if he could find a home for it Bute could get into trouble. I don't think it happens though, Bute by TKO.

Pavlik would be better served in chasing a fight with Williams, who I feel he would beat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bute would win this via very comfortable decision. Of course Pavlik would have a puncher's chance. But Pavlik doesn't track down boxers very well and Bute is a very slick one. A puncher would have to be more than one dimensional to get to Bute.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bute will (because the fight will happen) just mangle Pavlik big time. The puncher's luck is always there but Bute hits DAMN HARD too and is a lot faster and slicker than Kelly. Add to this that Pavlik doesn't have Andrade's pressure and resilience, another KO for Bute and I am sure that it'll be a good fight to bet on as most peoples will vote Pavlik I am sure.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Add to this that Pavlik doesn't have Andrade's pressure and resilience"

Kelly got plenty of resilience. Pavlik needs to stay at 160, both times he went above the weight he's looked less than stellar. Although bute would probably beat pavlik at his best...

ICB Guest

Well Kelly Pavlik didn't seem to have the same pop, above Middleweight. And he didn't seem as effective, aka Jermain Taylor 2, aka Bernard Hopkins. So based on that i think Lucian Bute would win by TKO, Lucian Bute is a very good outside fighter.

And is good at pot shotting especially with his straight left hand, he is also an underrated body puncher. I think Lucian Bute would be too mobile for Kelly Pavlik and would make him look average IMO.

And people are mentioning Kelly Pavlik's power, well what about Lucian Bute's power ? he's stopped some very tough guys, and he seems to have a pretty solid enough chin aswell, where as Kelly Pavlik has been down and stunned plenty of times. And didn't seem to have the same thudding power, above Middleweight in the fights i mentioned above.

I think Lucian Bute would stop Kelly Pavlik in 9 or 10 rounds, he hits hard enough for Kelly Pavlik not to just rush in. He's too mobile for the slow footed Kelly Pavlik, and he's too slick. Aswell as being too good of a counter puncher.

The only thing that worries me is that Kelly Pavlik, has a big reach advantage. And he does punch very straight, so im a bit concerned about my boy Lucian Bute, getting caught with one of Kelly Pavlik's big booming right hands, but for now i'll stand by with my prediction.
    Last edited by ICB; 11-30-2009 at 06:36 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    "Add to this that Pavlik doesn't have Andrade's pressure and resilience"

Kelly got plenty of resilience. Pavlik needs to stay at 160, both times he went above the weight he's looked less than stellar. Although bute would probably beat pavlik at his best...
    PAvlik has a big heart, he's strong physically. However, his resilience and jaw are nowhere close to Andrade. IN the 3 first rounds, Andrade did eat some very good bombs that would have cracked PAvlik far before.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would have said Lucian Bute would beat Pavlik handily even before the 2nd Andrade fight. Now I'm sure it would be a trouncing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was half paying attention- who's got the bad elbows, Bute or Andrade?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bute stops him in 3 rounds imo. Pavlik always looks a bit vulnerable early & I think once Bute hurts him, he'll close the show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I go with Bute by UD, IMO as most peoples it seems is if Kelly can land the right hand enough to hurt Bute to the point he is really staggered but Bute has a pretty good chin and I don't see him getting trounced by one shot.

I see this being simular to the Hopkins fight where Pavlik is game but he just gets out classed by a superior boxer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a little worried as to where Pavlik's head is these days. I've been reading lots of rumors (all of them bad). Given Bute's recent fights and Pavlik looking completley lost when he moved up to face Hopkins I say Bute by wide decision or late KO.

Hope the fight comes off anyways as it more good exposure for Bute. If he wins he's in-line for a good payday vs. Dawson or the Super 6 winner.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"PAvlik has a big heart, he's strong physically. However, his resilience and jaw are nowhere close to Andrade"

Well I don't factor jaw into resilience, pavlik to me has plenty of resilience by getting up every time he's been down, and even when he was beat over 12 rounds by hop he just kept coming, so his jaw might not be on the level of andrade but his resilience and will sure are.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn never has a man been hailed so highly for achieving so little.

Pavlik would bully and break up Lucian Bute, I'd put my house on it. He's got no stamina and a suspect chin.

He's the most overatted fighter in boxing after Nonito Donaire.

Sig bets with anyone willing to step up on this.

When he fights a top fighter he's going to do his best Jermain Taylor impression, trust me on this

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Damn never has a man been hailed so highly for achieving so little.

Pavlik would bully and break up Lucian Bute, I'd put my house on it. He's got no stamina and a suspect chin.

He's the most overatted fighter in boxing after Nonito Donaire.

Sig bets with anyone willing to step up on this.

When he fights a top fighter he's going to do his best Jermain Taylor impression, trust me on this
    I'll step up and accept your challenge no sweat, Lucian Bute was actually underrated before the 2nd Librado Andrade fight. He beat Sakio Bika more convincingly than anyone else has including Joe Calzaghe, he stopped Kabary Salem, a fighter who put Joe Calzaghe down heavily and went 12 rounds with him.

Fulgencio Zuniga who put down Kelly Pavlik, and was never down in 9 tough rounds with Kelly Pavlik. He was stopped within 4 rounds by Lucian Bute with a body shot, and Lolenga Mock a fighter who put down David Haye. And obviously an impressive early round stoppage of a fighter, who people thought would never be stopped aka Librado Andrade.

He has some good underrated wins on his record, im not saying his record is fantastic. But its a decent record for only being a pro for 6 years, i like Lucian Bute i have for quite awhile. I think he's the real deal.

And lastly i don't see how you can say Lucian Bute has a suspect chin, he's been in with some good punchers. And has never really looked hurt except for the Librado Andrade fight, but that was from an accumulation of punishment. It was basically the same as the Meldrick Taylor fight, and i don't think Meldrick Taylor had a suspect chin.

As for the stamina issue well he's had some late stoppage wins, like the one in the 11th round when he won his title. But yes anyway i'll doubt i'll change your mind thats your opinion, which is fair enough but i accept your bet.
    Last edited by ICB; 11-30-2009 at 07:31 PM.

Thread Information