Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If pac beats pbf is there nothing more to prove for him?

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Re: If pac beats pbf is there nothing more to prove for him?

Well if he could move down i would like him to fight JMM, a fighter who beat him twice IMO. And a fighter who's being forgotten, because he had every single disadvantage vs Floyd Mayweather Jr, and clearly had no business at that weightclass but fought at it because he's a real fighter.

Other than that i don't think he has to prove anything else if he beat Floyd Mayweather Jr, and personally i think people are underrating Andre Berto's chance's aswell. People keep saying well Manny Pacquiao could fight Shane Mosley, like its already decided that Andre Berto will lose. But personally i think Andre Berto pulls off the upset, i think Shane Mosley is overrated at this point.
    Last edited by ICB; 12-08-2009 at 07:40 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Well if he could move down i would like him to fight JMM, a fighter who beat him twice IMO. And a fighter who's being forgotten, because he had every single disadvantage vs Floyd Mayweather Jr, and clearly had no business at that weightclass but fought at it because he's a real fighter.

Other than that i don't think he has to prove anything else if he beat Floyd Mayweather Jr, and personally i think people are underrating Andre Berto's chance's aswell. People keep saying well Manny Pacquiao could fight Shane Mosley, like its already decided that Andre Berto will lose. But personally i think Andre Berto pulls off the upset, i think Shane Mosley is overrated at this point.

First fight, they had a draw. Had one of the judges not committed an error in scoring, Pac would have won.

2nd fight, Pac won by decision.

Just correcting your claims.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee View Post

First fight, they had a draw. Had one of the judges not committed an error in scoring, Pac would have won.

How are you correcting my claims ? i know full well what the results were. There's no need to be a smartass about it, that doesn't mean my opinion that JMM beat Manny Pacquiao twice is wrong, when plenty of people thought JMM won both fights.

He won more rounds in both fights fact, he outlanded Manny Pacquiao in both fights fact, he outlanded Manny Pacquiao in power punches in both fights fact. And a majority of the boxing websites and ringside experts thought JMM won the 2nd fight, including Ring Magazine the people that gave him his belt, admitted they thought he lost fact.
    Last edited by ICB; 12-08-2009 at 08:04 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How are you correcting my claims, i know full well what the results were. There's no need to be a smartass about it, that doesn't mean my opinion that JMM beat Manny Pacquiao twice, when plenty of people thought JMM won both fights.

He won more rounds in both fights fact, he outlanded Manny Pacquiao in both fights fact, he outlanded Manny Pacquiao in both fights fact. And a majority of the boxing websites and ringside experts thought JMM won fact.
    Pac won in a VERY CLOSE fight. FACT.

It's also a fact that after watching the fight, you called it a ROBBERY. That goes the reason why you'll never assent to the FACT that Pac won.

Fact of the matter is, you'll never give credit where credit is due when it comes to Pac.

Sydney, Australia. Originally from Canada.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How are you correcting my claims, i know full well what the results were. There's no need to be a smartass about it, that doesn't mean my opinion that JMM beat Manny Pacquiao twice, when plenty of people thought JMM won both fights.

He won more rounds in both fights fact, he outlanded Manny Pacquiao in both fights fact, he outlanded Manny Pacquiao in both fights fact. And a majority of the boxing websites and ringside experts thought JMM won fact.

It's also a fact that after watching the fight, you called it a ROBBERY. That goes the reason why you'll never assent to the FACT that Pac won.

Fact of the matter is, you'll never give credit where credit is due when it comes to Pac.
    You are insane buddy. You people will keep claiming he's the greatest of all time naming him ahead of Duran, Ali, etc. I've got news for the fanboys, if the real top 5 ATGs had two decisions like that, they would've given their opponent the trilogy, at least fought until there was a clear winner. Pac lost the first fight - he gets the draw. Then he was beaten even worse in the second - give him the win. All hardcore boxing fans, even the realistic Pac fans know it. Of course he ducked the third fight. Maybe he'll give JMM another shot at 147 when he turns 40

FACT - A judge scored Williams 119-111 in his fight against Martinez last weekend. Just because that happened does that mean it's right?

ICB Guest

It's also a fact that after watching the fight, you called it a ROBBERY.

I watched the fight on a stream and scored 2 rounds wrong, which i corrected then i had the correct score. And scored it properly after watching it in good quality many times i might add.

Well its not fact if i don't think he did, is that your only argument that the judges scored it for Manny Pacquiao ? people always use that argument, and can't say themselves why they think a certain fighter won.

Now in no way am i putting JMM vs Manny Pacquiao fights, in the same league regarding controversy to Lennox Lewis vs Evander Holyfield 1, but that fight was a draw. Now technically its a fact it was a draw and you can't change that.

But that doesn't stop people from thinking Lennox Lewis won, and what im saying is just because technically Manny Pacquiao won the decision. Doesn't mean i have to agree with it does it ? and many boxing experts did have JMM winning so im not the only one, and i think a majority of people on the site had JMM winning.

As for Manny Pacquiao himself did i not give him credit for beating Miguel Cotto ? where have i discredited him here ?

I think he's a great/exciting fighter who's improved alot, and i have alot of respect for him. But that doesn't mean i have to agree that he won vs JMM just because the judges said he won, because the thing is with boxing its so subjective expecially regarding scoring. And many people have different views and opinions.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBranMan View Post

You are insane buddy. You people will keep claiming he's the greatest of all time naming him ahead of Duran, Ali, etc. I've got news for the fanboys, if the real top 5 ATGs had two decisions like that, they would've given their opponent the trilogy, at least fought until there was a clear winner. Pac lost the first fight - he gets the draw. Then he was beaten even worse in the second - give him the win. All hardcore boxing fans, even the realistic Pac fans know it. Of course he ducked the third fight. Maybe he'll give JMM another shot at 147 when he turns 40

FACT - A judge scored Williams 119-111. Just because that happened does that mean it's right?

LOL. Whose insane now buddy. You can always make claims about Pac ducking marquez or ducking any fighter but truth of the matter is, Pac wants Marquez more than any other now aside from Mayweather and........ Pac hasn't ducked anyone! He fights whoever is put in front of him.

Why would he be afraid of Marquez and not be afraid of Cotto? Just making some analogy for you to understand better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

FACT - A judge scored Williams 119-111. Just because that happened does that mean it's right?

LOL. Whose insane now buddy. You can always make claims about Pac ducking marquez or ducking any fighter but truth of the matter is, Pac wants Marquez more than any other now aside from Mayweather and........ Pac hasn't ducked anyone! He fights whoever is put in front of him.

Why would he be afraid of Marquez and not be afraid of Cotto? Just making some analogy for you to understand better.
    I'm starting to think that this is a useless endeavor. If Pac gets knocked out on March 13th, you'll say that he just decided to take a nap mid-fight.

I'll lay it down simply for you. No analogies or anything. He fought Cotto last month. His last fight with Marquez was in March 2008. He had plenty of time between then to have a 3rd fight. There are plenty of post-fight interviews, etc showing he wanted no part of Marquez after the 2nd fight, while Marquez would've been stoked to fight him. Simple enough?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm starting to think that this is a useless endeavor. If Pac gets knocked out on March 13th, you'll say that he just decided to take a nap mid-fight.

I'll lay it down simply for you. No analogies or anything. He fought Cotto last month. His last fight with Marquez was in March 2008. He had plenty of time between then to have a 3rd fight. There are plenty of post-fight interviews, etc showing he wanted no part of Marquez after the 2nd fight, while Marquez would've been stoked to fight him. Simple enough?

You must be out of boxing news buddy. After Pac fought Marquez, he fought Diaz, DLH, Hatton, and Cotto. What "plenty of time" are you talking about. You mean, 3 consecutive heavy fights in a year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You must be out of boxing news buddy. After Pac fought Marquez, he fought Diaz, DLH, Hatton, and Cotto. What "plenty of time" are you talking about. You mean, 3 consecutive heavy fights in a year?
    Ok, that doesn't even make any sense. I was saying he could've given Marquez the trilogy INSTEAD of fighting someone like Diaz or DLH, etc.

Uhhhg. I'm done with this thread. This is simply a waste of time. Call me a Pac-hater or whatever you like... I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok, that doesn't even make any sense. I was saying he could've given Marquez the trilogy INSTEAD of fighting someone like Diaz or DLH, etc.

Uhhhg. I'm done with this thread. This is simply a waste of time. Call me a Pac-hater or whatever you like... I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall.
    Because you're afraid to accept some reasons.

First, after the Marquez fight, Pac had to fight a less difficult fight. Diaz was there for the taking. Pac deserved it. He has been into wars with Morales, Barrera, and Marquez.

DLH called him out. It was a dream fight for Pac coz of DLH's popularity and money that it will generate him. He could not turn down that fight.

Next, his fight with Hatton was supposed to be his most difficult fight as Hatton has been unbeaten in 140. He was also gunning for a title in 140. Hatton was the man there but it turned out to be an easy fight. Pac's not to blame.

Next came Cotto who was considered to be one of the best in the welterweight division.And you know what happened.

Where's the ducking there?

Yes you're talking to a brickwall coz you don't accept reasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac is not an "absolute idiot" to choose a path other than what he had just undertaken. (Diaz, dela Hoya, Hatton)

It was the right one. It has given him fame and riches beyond expectations that he now enjoys at his feet. To have taken the last fight of a Marquez trilogy is to veer away from such path and in no way an intelligent move on their part.

Recently, as facts now from continued scintillating performances of Pacquiao guide us to better reasoning, he has been underperforming at the lower weights (135 below) simply because he has outgrown those weight limits!

In fact, Pacquiao unwillingly just accommodated the JMM vs Pac 2 fight at the weight limit of 130lbs for the last time, just so that a hopeful win will remove the stigma of the first fight, to which outcome he "perceived" an unacceptable. And once that "nag" is shelved and out of the way, they can proceed with the monumental quest up ahead, for it already had been mapped out even prior to the 2nd Marquez fight!

Fast forward to the present, this likewise enlightens us to the fact that if the JMM Pac trilogy is to happen, it will only be at 140 or up. Which in any case a huge handicap for the ageing Marquez! I would fear for Juan's health and safety should that fight take place! The old warrior is quite simply that... old!

Ever wonder lately, we have not heard any of that sort of challenge from Goldenboy Promo, Nacho, or Juan? No?

They've might've simply figured, that the right time for those pickings have passed. And the wise and logical bet is to stand down and no longer pursue it.

Now, if Manny Pacquiao beats Floyd Mayweather Jr. in their fight on March 13th of year 2010, this will cement his place as an all-time great, and signals an end to his battles. He has nothing further to prove in the sport of boxing! Likewise, if he wins that fight, then he too proves to the world that PBF's "0" is a big ball of excrement, the human kind!
    Last edited by KananKrus; 12-08-2009 at 04:40 PM.

Thread Information