Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default LaMont Peterson..

I was a bit disapointed for him last hight...Not in him because he did a fine job and gave it his effort but for him because he is a hell of a nice kid who really worked his ass off to get that shot...He certainly has nothing to be ashamed of in his performance in fact he should be standing tall...Though Harder to say then do...

I was not really that big of a fan of his but after last night I became a fan...I think he will become a champion down the road...He is one of those guys that are good for the sport.....

I wish him luck in the future and can't wait until he is back in the ring working on another title shot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: LaMont Peterson..

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    I was a bit disapointed for him last hight...Not in him because he did a fine job and gave it his effort but for him because he is a hell of a nice kid who really worked his ass off to get that shot...He certainly has nothing to be ashamed of in his performance in fact he should be standing tall...Though Harder to say then do...

I was not really that big of a fan of his but after last night I became a fan...I think he will become a champion down the road...He is one of those guys that are good for the sport.....

I wish him luck in the future and can't wait until he is back in the ring working on another title shot
    i second that mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i thought he would win but even he losses the fight, im not disappointed with my pick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was a Tim Bradley fan until he had to fight Lamont. Bradley is a hell of a fighter and showed me a lot last night with his boxing skills. Lamont will learn from this fight and it was a great experience. I've said it before, but if you are an undefeated fighter in today era, you just haven't fought the best out there. Lamont's fight this weekend will look even better in the near future as Bradley destroys others and one day maybe there will be a rematch. I do agree that Lamont will be a champion one day and this loss will just motivate him even more. It was a great fight.
    DC Amateur Boxing
    The Largest Online Amateur Boxing Resource
    with over 4 million total views since March 2008!!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think with Lamont's style, his stance, his guard, he's gonna have some problems with movers (I think more highly of him than Amir but I've thought for a while that's a tough matchup for him) but he's a well rounded fighter and he's got a solid future, I'm still a big fan. Of both Petersons really.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lamont last night he didn't look like the Lamont Peterson we usually see. Where was his jab? I came into the fight at about the mid way point but I saw Peterson winding up with all these look combinations and uppercuts from the outside and I'm thinking where is his jab? He was fighting more like his brother then himself.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree completely with OumaFan, DC and others especially about the mover comment. I thought he is who I thought he was and he fought a good fight against a P4P type champion who outquicked him. I may have been looking forward to that fight more then Cotto-Pacquiao or Ward-Kessler, and it didn't disappoint.

Sydney, Australia. Originally from Canada.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    I think with Lamont's style, his stance, his guard, he's gonna have some problems with movers (I think more highly of him than Amir but I've thought for a while that's a tough matchup for him) but he's a well rounded fighter and he's got a solid future, I'm still a big fan. Of both Petersons really.
    I've watched a lot of both Petersons' amateur and early pro bouts, I've been infinitely impressed by both of them. It was sad that he had to lose to a friend in Bradley, but I don't think that will weigh too much on his career. Bradley fought a spectacular fight and deserves to be at the top of the division.

I also agree with DaxxKahn, Lamont has nothing to be sorry for. He showed a lot of heart and will in this fight, I think he just bit off too much to swallow so early in his career. Hopefully, both him and Bradley go on to dominate other fighters in the division and (fingers crossed) we'll see a rematch when Lamont gets some more title-bout experience.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know he's got a fantastic backstory and everything but I've never fancied him as a boxer any time I've seen him.

Thread Information