I know this seems a bit late. but i wanna share a bit of a light about this topic. As far as i can remember. a show here in my country called sports balita explained a week before the actual fight that there is a re hydration clause in the contract of the fight whilst explaining that both parties have to enter the catch weight of 145 within the ww limit. therefore explaining the fight contract and penaties. That re hydration clause states that cotto should not exceed the weight of 160 pnds during fightnight. I decided to make this report coz a certain writer in a boxing website named frazier said pac should be accused of being unfair. pulling down his foes on rehydration clauses of 147. But it was not 147 but 160 pnds. coz if it was 147. then that would be a great health risk for cotto as there will be not much fluid to protect his brain from damage during their fight. Nevada would'nt allow it. and so would cotto. And seeing the 160 pnds' fight night limit a reasonable request. team cotto seemed to agree with it.
The source of that show seems reliable enough. and if anybody here knows cotto's actual weight during fight night then that can bring more light to the issue. Though i heard somewhere that cotto was 157pnds. during that fight? I'm not so sure.
Anyways this is to shed more light to the darkness that frazier emitted and some haters took to destroy pac's credit in other boxing websites. Pac is a warrior and is the smaller guy on that fight. not the other way around and that's a fact.
All fighter's pac faces seems to have excuses with them. 160 pnds. limit seems reasonable enough for me and if not more than anyhing would help cotto more coz if it was within 160 he would might become more slower imo..