Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pets

Hello, I just joined but I am looking forward to getting involved here. I have had quite a bit of experience with disobedient dogs...I have had some successful experiences and not so successful experiences. Let me catch up on some reading but glad to be here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pets

Nice to have you with us!

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welcome.

I have 2 Pugaliers.

Fukers bark to much at other people and trigger themselves off, one starts the other joins in like a fool.
    Other than that, they are the best.

Used to own boxers, but these things are like mini red boxers :-)
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joins a boxing site and that's the first post?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone on here own or have owned a Chocolate brown Labrador?Planning on getting one in the summer this year.Me other dog saddly died in front on me about 4 years ago and it broke my heart.She was a bitch a cross breed.Lovely lovely dog.I like Labradors but i've never owned one.I've owned a cross bred dog and a Jack Russell as a kid.Jack Rusell are awesome dogs,recomend one of them.

R.I.P Tess(cross bred)x

R.I.P Sam(me old pal,Jack Russell)x
    Last edited by yvonne; 01-07-2010 at 09:16 PM.

El Kabong Guest

I have a 5 year old hound mix....he's pretty well trained, he's spoiled rotten, but he's obedient and he's a VERY good watch dog.

Training animals is 100% behavioral psychology and myself having majored in psychology and understanding the concepts of the behavioral portion of it, I am able to train dogs fairly easily. House breaking, tricks, sitting and staying, all that kind of stuff, it's a piece of cake...let me know what your issue is and I'll try to give you a plan of action to acheive your goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive got a yellow lab, one of the dumbest things world. Still runs into the screen door at 5 years old. This summer i will be getting a bulldog, not the best running partner though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have what can best be described as a little wanker! Hes the dictator of the house...we are exactly alike in personality...therefore I both love and hate him! (this is a dog im on about by the way)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My dog is a 6-7 yr old golden retriever/greyhound mox. She can run about 40 miles an hr but not stop too good and bashes into things. haha She is afraid of everything, from chihuahuas to cats, and generally runs away from them. Everything except bears. We got lotsa bears around here and whenever one is close by she freaks and tries to get out to go after them. This might lead one to believe she isn't too smart (cuz who wants to fight a bear, right? ), but she actually is really smart and follows many many commands and I suspect has a large vocabulary of understanding basic english. Has a few probs speaking it tho.

She is fixed but has some quirks as last night it was -14 and when went out to bring her inside she was there humping a snowbank.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    I have a 5 year old hound mix....he's pretty well trained, he's spoiled rotten, but he's obedient and he's a VERY good watch dog.

Training animals is 100% behavioral psychology and myself having majored in psychology and understanding the concepts of the behavioral portion of it, I am able to train dogs fairly easily. House breaking, tricks, sitting and staying, all that kind of stuff, it's a piece of cake...let me know what your issue is and I'll try to give you a plan of action to acheive your goal.
    Does this only work with dogs?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a Welsh Corgi mix named Vishnu he is awesome, totally obidient, knows his commands and is nothing but polite to people when they come over. It took a lot of work and time to get him to be the dog he is today. Quite honestly a huge part of training is consistency, think about what you are rewarding and punishing your dog for.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't have any dogs but all my youth we had boxers in the family, aunt or grand-parents. If I would have to buy a dog tomorrow, it would be either a boxer or perhaps a dogos argentinos which I think are splendid creatures.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    Does this only work with dogs?
    No it works with any living organism but it's more difficult the more complicated the animal. Children and domesticated animals are the easiest to work with because they are driven by fewer things or their drive is easier to understand/appease.

For my dog he mainly wants 2 things #1 Food #2 Attention/Affection...it's very easy to use food to train a dog but you also have to form a schedule (which sounds more difficult/strenuous than it actually is) with the treats and when they are handed out. You do NOT want to always give out a treat when your dog does a trick, you want to vary whether you give your dog a treat or affection and oddly enough that helps. Also the major thing is as soon as you can after the pet has done whatever trick you want them to do give them the reward...the same goes for punishment when they have done something bad. This is why if your dog craps in the house while you're at work it is pointless to try and discipline them because they will not remember it or already be sulking about it.

If you need any help with anything just let me know

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok Lyle help me please , barking at anything that moves.Two of them triggers for each other and they go at it singly as well.They are three,they know it pisses us off but dont give a rats.

Thought about squirting the hose over them each time they bark and go off outside but really lifes too short to go running out there of a night.

They shut up when you yell shut up but then it just happens again.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welcome to the place...Up to my ears in dogs and cats and the occasional turtle,bird and or whatever nearly everyday.Have an ancient Terrier named Ras-I we ferry back and forth to work....a 16 yr old cat named Nigel...go figure .I find that I communicate more easily with dogs most of the time than some people...I like Cats but they wear their ass on their shoulders and can be moody twits...dogs are a bit one dimensional and telegraph everything,can read them like a book.Have always wanted an Airedale and a Irish wolfhound...wait what was the question??

Thread Information