Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the reputation of the International Boxing Association (IBA)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What is the reputation of the International Boxing Association (IBA)

I recently found out that my father is friends with Dean Chance, the president and founder of the IBA, and I was just wondering if you guys had any information about it and if it is legit or not. Thank you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What is the reputation of the International Boxing Association (IBA)

Quote Originally Posted by madmax88 View Post
    I recently found out that my father is friends with Dean Chance, the president and founder of the IBA, and I was just wondering if you guys had any information about it and if it is legit or not. Thank you
    Have you asked your father? Are you a boxing fan yourself? It's a strange question if you don't mind me saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What is the reputation of the International Boxing Association (IBA)

Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not a huge boxing fan myself, that is why i came here looking for some input and knowledge. has anyone heard of the IBA? its wiki page says it is a stepping stone sanctioning body? any thoughts? i would really appreciate it

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've honestly never heard of it. But there are so many different sanctioning bodies that it would be almost impossible to know about all of them. It's one of the major problems with the sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I've honestly never heard of it. But there are so many different sanctioning bodies that it would be almost impossible to know about all of them. It's one of the major problems with the sport.
    thank you. i went to the website and it has pictures of pacquiao, hatton, mayweather, hopkins, etc training in there ( i guess he also has a big time gym also in LV). i am asking because one of my friends wants to become a boxing promoter and i am trying to get him to have a meeting with chance to get some connections and what not

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thank you. i went to the website and it has pictures of pacquiao, hatton, mayweather, hopkins, etc training in there ( i guess he also has a big time gym also in LV). i am asking because one of my friends wants to become a boxing promoter and i am trying to get him to have a meeting with chance to get some connections and what not
    It just seems like a one of a million type sanctioning body from what I can tell. Hopefully someone else can tell you more about it, but I have no idea. You could always email them, but I suspect they might just send you a bunch of propaganda rather than explain where exactly they sit in the boxing world.

Unless your friend is a shady, duplicitous, ruthless backing-stabbing son of a bitch I'd suggest he find a different line of work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It just seems like a one of a million type sanctioning body from what I can tell. Hopefully someone else can tell you more about it, but I have no idea. You could always email them, but I suspect they might just send you a bunch of propaganda rather than explain where exactly they sit in the boxing world.

Unless your friend is a shady, duplicitous, ruthless backing-stabbing son of a bitch I'd suggest he find a different line of work
    dont think its quite one in a million haha, check it out

International Boxing Association (professional body) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

International Boxing Association (professional body) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I said one of a million, as in there are many other sanctioning bodies that play the same role. I assume by looking at their website and wiki page that it's a relatively small-time player in the boxing world. However, it could quite rationally be argued that these groups play important roles in exposing prospects and helping to legitimize them as contenders as they climb the ranks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I said one of a million, as in there are many other sanctioning bodies that play the same role. I assume by looking at their website and wiki page that it's a relatively small-time player in the boxing world. However, it could quite rationally be argued that these groups play important roles in exposing prospects and helping to legitimize them as contenders as they climb the ranks.
    agreed, thanks for your input

here are some pics of some fighters training at the IBA gym

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You trying to raise awareness or something? Posting top fighters and all makes it just too obvious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    You trying to raise awareness or something? Posting top fighters and all makes it just too obvious.
    um no, was just asking if you guys know about it. thanks for being a dick though

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    um no, was just asking if you guys know about it. thanks for being a dick though
    If you wanna know more ask your dad, he has the means to find out anything you want to know.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice pics man.They have been around a while and obscurity may tell you everything?last thing we need is another dime store santioning body in the mix.May be totally off but would tell alot to know who their actual champions are...seriously doubt its a Manny or Mayweather?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Nice pics man.They have been around a while and obscurity may tell you everything?last thing we need is another dime store santioning body in the mix.May be totally off but would tell alot to know who their actual champions are...seriously doubt its a Manny or Mayweather?
    Here ya go:

Welcome to the International Boxing Association

I suppose you're going to try and tell me that Evans Ashira isn't the best LMW in the world.

Thread Information