Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather-Mosley!

It looks like this is the fight that is trying to be made! Not only is this fight nearly as big as Mayweather-Pacquiao, but it should destroy the ppv numbers Pacquiao-Clottey generate. I mean even casual fans know who Mosley is because of his fights with Oscar De La Hoya, and together I think they could break 1.5 million buys with relative ease as long as boxing is retaining any of the momentum it had before Mayweather-Pacquiao fell through. This may actually be a stylistically tougher fight foy Mayweather than Manny because Shane is so big and fast and he has said that he would keep Floyd on the ropes. I still think Floyd`s style is too slick for Mosley and that he will outbox him, but Mosley is one of those guys who is so gifted you never truly know whats going to happen until the fight has started.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather-Mosley!

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    It looks like this is the fight that is trying to be made! Not only is this fight nearly as big as Mayweather-Pacquiao, but it should destroy the ppv numbers Pacquiao-Clottey generate. I mean even casual fans know who Mosley is because of his fights with Oscar De La Hoya, and together I think they could break 1.5 million buys with relative ease as long as boxing is retaining any of the momentum it had before Mayweather-Pacquiao fell through. This may actually be a stylistically tougher fight foy Mayweather than Manny because Shane is so big and fast and he has said that he would keep Floyd on the ropes. I still think Floyd`s style is too slick for Mosley and that he will outbox him, but Mosley is one of those guys who is so gifted you never truly know whats going to happen until the fight has started.

First off It's nowhere near the same level of fight between Pac/Mayweather. It will do bigger numbers than Pac/Clottey but so what? Is that your dig at Pac? Pac's resume shits all over Mayweathers. Mayweather will be to good for Mosley.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

First off It's nowhere near the same level of fight between Pac/Mayweather. It will do bigger numbers than Pac/Clottey but so what? Is that your dig at Pac? Pac's resume shits all over Mayweathers. Mayweather will be to good for Mosley.
    no its just a fact mosley is a tougher fight than clottey , he is also a bigger name and it will do more on ppv, as you said who cares..... obviously it bothers you somehow

as for resumes, yes pac beat barrera and scrapped by marquez and was beat by a morales already past his best years, but yet he still couldnt face some simple tests that mosley has no problem with.... thats what it boils down to

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

another prime example of people not giving the guy credit, the fight against Pacquiao didn't get made due to Pacquiao, simple as that

Pacquiao chose to take on Clottey (who doesn't have anything on Mayweather) and now Mayweather is possibly gonna take on Mosley (who many feel can beat or really challenge Pacquiao and is the man at 147)

as for their resumes, that's up for argument, most of Pacquiao's big wins are against guys who were past it or are gift decisions, and now he's under the suspicion of cheating

both guys have plenty of big names on their records, difference is Mayweather has beaten them all and Pacquiao hasn't, and that Mayweather decided to pick up a PPV worthy opponent and Pacquiao hasn't

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

^Manny picked the best available opponent in Clottey, Floyd just got a break with Berto pulling out. Good for Floyd fighting him if he does but Clottey is a good opponent. So acting like Floyd went looking for a PPV opponent while Manny just picked out a lesser fight is disingenuous.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let us see first if Mayweather will make the fight happen. The first thing he's probably going to do is ask for a 75/25 purse split.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    ^Manny picked the best available opponent in Clottey, Floyd just got a break with Berto pulling out. Good for Floyd fighting him if he does but Clottey is a good opponent. So acting like Floyd went looking for a PPV opponent while Manny just picked out a lesser fight is disingenuous.
    i'm not saying Clottey isn't a good opponent, i'm saying that people are ragging on Mayweather more than they should be, all the rumors of him looking to take on Matthew Hatton or Nate Campbell, hell they even try to make Cintron look like if he's light years better than Clottey, then it looks as if Mayweather is taking on Mosley and now all of a sudden Mosley becomes a chump according to some posters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not trying to discredit Pacquiao at all... I think Clottey is at least competitive with Mosley, but fighting him doesn't perpetuate the sport the same way Mayweather facing Mosley does. IMO this is just making me even more excited for Mayweather-Pacquiao should they both win. I truly believe that this will make that fight way bigger, and that they should have had one more fight before facing eachother anyways. The fact that Mayweather-Mosley is yet another boxing classic that will capture the sports world as a whole just helps whatever will come after that.

To boot this will mean that the winner of Mayweather-Mosley and the winner of Pacquiao-Clottey will be fighting for the p4p belt and for all intents and purposes the linear crown to the most prestigious weightclass in boxing.

I am going to ask that you guys please don't turn this into a competition between Mayweather and Pacquiao. This is a great thing for the sport and we should realize the sport's good fortune, even though it came under such dark circumstances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I refuse to turn this into a PAC/PBF discussion, so i'm with you on that Taeth... (that felt wierd to say) lol

However, I am not sold on the Mosely/PBF match up just yet..> But i am very hopeful!!!

Also, if they are on battling PPV buys - I think that is completely rediculous to the fans. I think whoever signs the fight first should get the date. First come first serve, i don't care who it is...

Lets not force the fans to chose one or the other, that is rediculous!!!
    You are the Creator of all that is, all that was, and all there ever will be.....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cnote111 View Post
    I refuse to turn this into a PAC/PBF discussion, so i'm with you on that Taeth... (that felt wierd to say) lol

However, I am not sold on the Mosely/PBF match up just yet..> But i am very hopeful!!!

Also, if they are on battling PPV buys - I think that is completely rediculous to the fans. I think whoever signs the fight first should get the date. First come first serve, i don't care who it is...

Lets not force the fans to chose one or the other, that is rediculous!!!
    yea and Pacquiao already having his fight signed has nothing to do with what you just said right?

GBP already has the HBO PPV date, so if Mayweather/Mosley is signed it's gonna be the fight that ends up on HBO PPV, Pacquiao/Clottey will end up being a TopRank PPV card

if you really were on about it being fair, neither guy should get the PPV date, and it should just be another doubleheader HBO telecast card

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    i'm not saying Clottey isn't a good opponent, i'm saying that people are ragging on Mayweather more than they should be, all the rumors of him looking to take on Matthew Hatton or Nate Campbell, hell they even try to make Cintron look like if he's light years better than Clottey, then it looks as if Mayweather is taking on Mosley and now all of a sudden Mosley becomes a chump according to some posters
    fair enough, but really Mosley is a chump is not a common argument, I doubt even many of the extreme Pacquaio fans would argue that, if you want to get annoyed by arguments discrediting Mosley just wait till after the fight when people say he's old and shot. To be fair people would say that if Pacquaio had beaten him too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lil bit cranky are we?
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not trying to discredit Pacquiao at all... I think Clottey is at least competitive with Mosley, but fighting him doesn't perpetuate the sport the same way Mayweather facing Mosley does. IMO this is just making me even more excited for Mayweather-Pacquiao should they both win. I truly believe that this will make that fight way bigger, and that they should have had one more fight before facing eachother anyways. The fact that Mayweather-Mosley is yet another boxing classic that will capture the sports world as a whole just helps whatever will come after that.

To boot this will mean that the winner of Mayweather-Mosley and the winner of Pacquiao-Clottey will be fighting for the p4p belt and for all intents and purposes the linear crown to the most prestigious weightclass in boxing.

I am going to ask that you guys please don't turn this into a competition between Mayweather and Pacquiao. This is a great thing for the sport and we should realize the sport's good fortune, even though it came under such dark circumstances.
    i whole-heartedly agree with this!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Forget how it happened. This is the fight of the year and the fight I have long been waiting for.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather v. Mosley > Pacman v. Clottey. Fact.

In my humble opinion, Mosley and Williams are the only two opponents who would make the next Mayweather event a bigger event than Pac v. Clottey is at the Dallas stadium. Clottey is a difficult opponent for anyone. He is a big, strong welterweight.

I'm not a hater of either Pacquiao or Mayweather. Each irk me to a certain extent.

Now that the Berto v. Mosley fight is off (for good reason), this is the only fight Mayweather should make. If he fights anyone else, there can be no debate that he is ducking Mosley or at the least not willing to take any real risk in his fights.

Thread Information