Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Man I Hope This Isn't True - "Floyd Balks at Mosley Fight"

Just read loads of reports released in the past few hours that Floyd is thinking of sitting out until Pacquiao beats Clottey so that he can start talking about the Pacman fight again..Because the Pac fight is easy money compared to fighting Shane.

It becomes very difficult to defend Floyd if this is true because fighting Shane answers so many critics questions about Floyds heart, guts, reasons for being in the sport etc.

If he shys away from this fight I for one will be pissed off to the core with him for not taking the fight that shuts up all the naysayers.

Here is one of many reports -

Mayweather hesitating with Mosley fight – News

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Man I Hope This Isn't True - "Floyd Balks at Mosley Fight"

Doesnt suprise me one bit, shame if it's true. but Mayweather's welterweight reign is pretty poor in reality.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a bit hesitant about believing this cause the money seems off to me, I seriously doubt he's only getting 10 million for fighting Mosley, while its not a Pacquaio fight it should do somewhere around 1.5 million buys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If this is true Floyd is gonna p**s off alot of people, no 1 can defend him if he does this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I`ve been A big fan of PBF,but if he does not take this fight with Shane then I`am done with him!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by littlebif View Post
    If this is true Floyd is gonna p**s off alot of people, no 1 can defend him if he does this.
    I think you're underestimating some of his fans

I would still be surprised if it doesn't come off.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As I've said before, the fight with Mosley is a high risk low reward fight. If Floyd were to lose he could lose up to 40 million for a fight with Pacquiao. Plus if he were to win most critics will say he beats an inactive old man in Shane. Damn if he does, damn if he doesn't. Might as well sit out and wait for Pac. Boxing after all is a business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a Floyd fan and I do understand that from a financial sense. If he fights and loses to Shane, no Pac fight. If he fights and loses to Pac, he can still fight Shane. That being said, I'd still be pissed if he didn't take the risk and fight Mosley.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who's gonna give in on a Floyd-Manny fight? Doesn't make sense to wait for a Manny fight unless Floyd has decided that he'll give in on the testing cause I don't see anything that would make me think Manny will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Floyd but how can you excuse him, if he doesnt take the fight

If he is as good as he makes out and the best he has to prove it some time against the top fighters in the division and one of them is Shane Mosley.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    As I've said before, the fight with Mosley is a high risk low reward fight. If Floyd were to lose he could lose up to 40 million for a fight with Pacquiao. Plus if he were to win most critics will say he beats an inactive old man in Shane. Damn if he does, damn if he doesn't. Might as well sit out and wait for Pac. Boxing after all is a business.

Floyd is the top p4p boxer in the world and he needs to start acting like it and taking challenges. A fight with a Shane is not a high risk low reward fight; it's a high risk high reward fight. Beating Shane makes a big statement. In addition, it is the biggest money fight out there other than Pacquiao for Floyd. It is the only fight out there for Floyd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a shame his heart has never matched his talent. He will never be remembered in the same breath as the Sugar Ray's of this world even if his talent is on equal par. He doesnt have the balls to truly define him as an all-time PFP great. Thinking about it, for me, at the time, Diego Corrales was probably on paper the toughest fight he accepted. Diego was in the top 3 PFP at the time. Oscar was obviously a huge fight, and props to Floyd for taking that one, but that was a personal issue that had been ongoing for years. In fact, ever since Floyd Snr went on record stating that Oscar was the best fighter he had ever trained, Floyd Jnr set his target on De La Hoya to prove his dad wrong. And it was in Oscar's twilight years.

It seems he has the balls when the mood takes him. The flipside though is the avoidance of Shane and how Floyd quite conveniently by-passed the unbeaten Cotto at 140lbs before moving on.
    Last edited by Jimmy G-Force; 01-25-2010 at 02:53 PM.
    Some people say boxing is a matter of life or death, it's not, it's far more important than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post

Floyd is the top p4p boxer in the world and he needs to start acting like it and taking challenges. A fight with a Shane is not a high risk low reward fight; it's a high risk high reward fight. Beating Shane makes a big statement. In addition, it is the biggest money fight out there other than Pacquiao for Floyd. It is the only fight out there for Floyd.
    Mr Bulldog.. I complete agree with Rant here. Mosley has only been beaten by Cotto since moving back down to welter a couple years ago. And ALL his losses are arguably to future hall of famers. This will be the biggest test of Floyds career by about 4x since travelling north of 135lbs.

I think Mosley should rematch Margarito in the meantime and detach his brain from his skull. Why not? They could make it a cage match!!! He could basically send him into retirement like Vargas.
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"I fight for cheques not legacy"

"Kids can't eat legacy. Cheques is more important. I'm already a legend in the sport. I'm already an icon in the sport. I fight for me first. When my career is done, I can't go to my fans and say, 'I need you to pay my light bills. I need you to put my kids in college.' I have responsibility to take care of my family in the long run. What's most important now is the cheques, 'cause I'm in the cheque cashing business."
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information