Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Maidana or Marquez

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Would You Most Want To See Khan Fight Next??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who Would You Most Want To See Khan Fight Next??

Question.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who Would You Most Want To See Khan Fight Next??

I heard its defo Marquez set for the MGM in Vages!
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maidana.

I am so sick of this horse shit we're fed by Khan, Roach & GBP that they want to build the Maidana fight. How does this fight need building? Maidana is Argentine, Khan is British. Neither of them have an American fan base, and are unlikely to sell out the MGM in 2 fights time for this so called mega fight. What pisses me off about it is that Khan does not deserve a crack at Marquez. Marquez has earned his spot at the elite, Khan has beaten nobody. Also, if you buy into this crap that the Maidana fight needs building, then what they're saying is they're using p4p #3 fighter in the world as a tune up for Marcos Maidana.

If Khan gives up his belt because he doesn't think Maidana is worthy, then it'll be crystal clear this is a duck. If he didn't want to be forced into fighting worthless mandatories, he would have give up the belt and not bothered fighting Salita.

The truth is, that Khan is scared shitless of fighting Maidana and Golden Boy are scared shitless that Maidana will ruin another prospect, so they're hoping Maidana gets beat in the meantime so they can avoid him like the plague.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Maidana.

I am so sick of this horse shit we're fed by Khan, Roach & GBP that they want to build the Maidana fight. How does this fight need building? Maidana is Argentine, Khan is British. Neither of them have an American fan base, and are unlikely to sell out the MGM in 2 fights time for this so called mega fight. What pisses me off about it is that Khan does not deserve a crack at Marquez. Marquez has earned his spot at the elite, Khan has beaten nobody. Also, if you buy into this crap that the Maidana fight needs building, then what they're saying is they're using p4p #3 fighter in the world as a tune up for Marcos Maidana.

If Khan gives up his belt because he doesn't think Maidana is worthy, then it'll be crystal clear this is a duck. If he didn't want to be forced into fighting worthless mandatories, he would have give up the belt and not bothered fighting Salita.

The truth is, that Khan is scared shitless of fighting Maidana and Golden Boy are scared shitless that Maidana will ruin another prospect, so they're hoping Maidana gets beat in the meantime so they can avoid him like the plague.
    Exact-fuck-ing-ly. For once reward the guy that won, not the guys these promoters "hope" win.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maidana, Khan is quite clearly avoiding him. But Marquez knocks him out as well. So I aint really fussed.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's completely ridiculous to say Khan ducking Maidana, or really anyone else, if they are indeed trying to make the fight with Marquez happen. JMM is twice the fighter that Maidana is and far more likely to beat Khan, not to mention a marquee fighter who represent a big payday and oppourtunity for the kid. If he were dicking around without any better options I'd think he was afraid as well, but if he fights Marquez INSTEAD people are really going to give him flack? Nuts.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What i don't understand is this...

If Khan's chin is so poor, why are his detractors so eager to see him in with just a puncher who has less chance of landing, than a world class fighter who's still a good puncher and has the accuracy and boxing brain to land much more frequently?

I don't get it. It's like people want him to lose to someone shit so they can pull out the 'i told you so card'

I've never come across so much crap in all my life. The stick Khan has received for his choice of opponent is astounding. He's 23 years old and is on the verge of fighting a top 5 p4p'er and people still want him to fight a slugger.

I'm sorry but there aren't any fighters out there who will take the high risk low reward fight when they are options for a lower risk, higher reward fight. It's a business. It's not Rocky.

I must say, in this instance, Khan has more chance of getting ko'd in my opinion. He'll just have more chance of bouncing back from it which will piss a lot of people off....which i don't get.

Young, exciting prospects are good for the sport. Without smart match-making, there would be no Miguel Cotto, no Ricky Hatton, no Floyd Mayweather because they'll have been in with a ruthless slugger after 10 fights....which is pretty much what most people have wanted with Khan ever since he turned pro.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maidana. I want to see if Khan did exorcise his hard puncher's demons
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The reason why people are upset with Khan taking on JMM and not Maidana is that JMM doesn't look good past 135. And even when JMM was at 135 he had two very tough fights in Diaz and Casamayor. You can tell that 135 is more than likely his max. Plus consider that JMM will be 37 this year with a lot of wear and tear on his body who's giving up 4 inches in height and a few inches in reach and this smells like a massive bullshit fight in Khan's favor.

And enough with the "he's 23 years old" crap. Guys like Foreman, Ali, Tyson, Leonard, Pacquiao, Mayweather, DeLahoya had already achieved a lot of success in the fight game by being lineal champs in 1 division or moving up and dominating another division at the same age!

The kid is nothing but a hype and con job. And I was starting to be a fan of his when I thought he was going to take Maidana, but an old and possibly shot JMM as his next opponent is a laugh.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    What i don't understand is this...

If Khan's chin is so poor, why are his detractors so eager to see him in with just a puncher who has less chance of landing, than a world class fighter who's still a good puncher and has the accuracy and boxing brain to land much more frequently?

I don't get it. It's like people want him to lose to someone shit so they can pull out the 'i told you so card'

I've never come across so much crap in all my life. The stick Khan has received for his choice of opponent is astounding. He's 23 years old and is on the verge of fighting a top 5 p4p'er and people still want him to fight a slugger.

I'm sorry but there aren't any fighters out there who will take the high risk low reward fight when they are options for a lower risk, higher reward fight. It's a business. It's not Rocky.

I must say, in this instance, Khan has more chance of getting ko'd in my opinion. He'll just have more chance of bouncing back from it which will piss a lot of people off....which i don't get.

Young, exciting prospects are good for the sport. Without smart match-making, there would be no Miguel Cotto, no Ricky Hatton, no Floyd Mayweather because they'll have been in with a ruthless slugger after 10 fights....which is pretty much what most people have wanted with Khan ever since he turned pro.
    Agreed

Took the words out my mouth.
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    The reason why people are upset with Khan taking on JMM and not Maidana is that JMM doesn't look good past 135. And even when JMM was at 135 he had two very tough fights in Diaz and Casamayor. You can tell that 135 is more than likely his max. Plus consider that JMM will be 37 this year with a lot of wear and tear on his body who's giving up 4 inches in height and a few inches in reach and this smells like a massive bullshit fight in Khan's favor.

And enough with the "he's 23 years old" crap. Guys like Foreman, Ali, Tyson, Leonard, Pacquiao, Mayweather, DeLahoya had already achieved a lot of success in the fight game by being lineal champs in 1 division or moving up and dominating another division at the same age!

The kid is nothing but a hype and con job. And I was starting to be a fan of his when I thought he was going to take Maidana, but an old and possibly shot JMM as his next opponent is a laugh.
    lol, Khan can't win

You must think Marquez should retire then? And that everyone at 140 would batter him?

You do realise he's still P4P ranked 5th by The Ring. And is also betting favourite to beat Hatton should that fight happen.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted HattonTheHammer. Why? Because Amir Khan is a homo and HattonThe Hammer doesn't like homos.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally Khan has become such a prick , id like him to fight either Klitchko and get twatted .
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post

How do we know Marquez doesn't look good past 135? He was up against Mayweather....probably the most talented fighter of a generation. How do you think Maidana would look against him? Much worse would be my guess.

The thing is, you're rating him as a con job and a hype job yet your using all time greats as yard-sticks to who he should be fighting.

This forum is unbelievable at times.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still like Khan. I don't fully understand what there isn't to like about the lad?

In regards to his next fight; either will do but i voted Marquez.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Thread Information