Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holyfield accused of violence...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Holyfield accused of violence...

A protective order has been filed against heavyweight ring legend Evander Holyfield by the Superior Court of Fayette County, GA, in response to allegations of spousal abuse by Holyfield’s wife Candi. According to court documents, Mrs. Holyfield claims “I got up with the children in the middle of the night to take them to the bathroom. The heat had been cut off and the children were cold. When I returned to bed I tried to talk to Evander about this. He told me I was only thinking about myself, the children’s hearts beat faster. I pulled the covers over my head and he said I was being disrespectful. He started telling me that I needed to start putting God first in my life. He asked me if I had been tithing. He wanted me to show him the check stubs of my payments to the church. I told him I was not going to show them to him. He then hit me in the face, the back of my head twice and in my back. I tried to get up and he told me not to get out of bed. He got up and turned the light on and started looking at my face and told me he was sorry that he knew he shouldn’t have done that.”
    Until further order, Mrs Holyfield has been granted sole custody of the family home and Evander is forbidden to contact or approach within 500 yards of his wife and their children.
    is seeking a court order preventing Evander from coming within 500 yards of her, no contact with their two children, according to the court documents. She also requests use of a Porsche Cayenne and a Mercedes Benz.
    Ken Sanders, the boxer’s manager, said he is not aware of any problems between the couple. Sanders said the boxer is currently in Las Vegas.
    Holyfield, a four-time undisputed heavyweight champion, has won more than $200 million in prize money. Fights in South Korea, Ethiopia and Uganda were cancelled due to a lack of funding. He also has an April 24 fight scheduled against Derric Rossy in Las Vegas.

source: fightnews.com

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Holyfield accused of violence...

Their heat was cut off, but Evander was outraged that his wife might not have been paying the church? How pathetic.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smells funny to me...is she seeking it...or has she been granted it?Seems a bit muttled this early.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Their heat was cut off, but Evander was outraged that his wife might not have been paying the church? How pathetic.
    That seriously sounds like dementia or something similar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The story does seem a little muddled, but I'll never be surprised by a lack of logic from Evander, especially where religion is concerned. I still remember him on the news here in Atlanta, when he was questioned about all his illegitimate children. He basically said it would've been a sin to wear a condom while while he was having all those extramarital affairs!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    As far as I'm concerned any organized religion equates to as much, but I suppose this isn't the place for that.. Seriously though, what does it say if he indeed couldn't afford to keep their umpteen million dollar estate heated, yet his wife "Candi" still has to pay their church who knows what... Serve yourself Evander, you twit.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As far as I'm concerned any organized religion equates to as much, but I suppose this isn't the place for that.. Seriously though, what does it say if he indeed couldn't afford to keep their umpteen million dollar estate heated, yet his wife "Candi" still has to pay their church who knows what... Serve yourself Evander, you twit.

Most Abrahamic based organized religions deal in holding power over others

that equals an attraction to people who like to hold power over others.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post

Most Abrahamic based organized religions deal in holding power over others

that equals an attraction to people who like to hold power over others.
    Wait till somebody has to change his diaper every morning, oh the irony.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Myk_Myk View Post
    The story does seem a little muddled, but I'll never be surprised by a lack of logic from Evander, especially where religion is concerned. I still remember him on the news here in Atlanta, when he was questioned about all his illegitimate children. He basically said it would've been a sin to wear a condom while while he was having all those extramarital affairs!

The bloke sounds more and more of a cock as the years pass, he cheated his way to heavyweight glory by taking hgh for a start, hes bitten a fighter himself in an amature bout and all those fuucking headbutts, thats the reason for him acting like a retard

I bet everyone who has fought Holyfield and has had his head forced in to their face watches Mike Tyson rip a piece of his ear off and thinks "thatll teach you, cuunt!" lewis and Rahman both complained after

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Evander has been screwed by women before so before I condemn him I want to hear what has really happened here. If though it is true then all my respect for the guy will be gone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

More alarming is that the Holyfield house had its heat shut off. THis guy is in bad shape financially.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Myk_Myk View Post
    pillock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At this point, the only way Evander can make any real kind of money is if he can lure Tyson out of retirement. If I were Mike and I were interested, I wouldn't do it unless he publicly apologized for headbutting in the 2nd bout. Tyson got raked over the coals for the ear, but not much was said about Evander's '3rd punch'.

Frankly, I'm surprised any woman would marry Evander at this point. I think all his other marriages have broken up because of infidelity.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this story falls in line with my perception of holyfield's lifestyle and history, be it true or not.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is most likely in poor taste, and I'll apologize up front for that, but I had to share. A friend of mine has this as his Facebook status:

"Evander Holyfield is accused of hitting his wife. In his defense I am sure his wife was just nibbling on his ear and his instincts told him to swing based on his past experiences."

Thread Information