Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pacquiao possibly to retire after Clottey

Freddie Roach hints end is nigh for Manny Pacquiao | More Sports News | ESPN.co.uk

what a friggin pussy, he's scared shitless of Mayweather lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao possibly to retire after Clottey

PACQUIAO AINT SCARED OF MAYWEATHER!!!!!!

It's the drug test that does him in and he forever taints his legacy if he retires on.. Clottey.. and Mayweather keeps it goin with Mosley
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Freddie Roach hints end is nigh for Manny Pacquiao | More Sports News | ESPN.co.uk

Do you honestly think a guy who has fought the opponents Pacquiao has is scared of Floyd Mayweather? Even if Mayweather beat him people would just say he was too small/at the end of his career etc. I see nothing that indicates that Pacquiao is scared of anyone. He might appear afraid of failing a drug test or so prideful that he won't give in to Mayweather's demands, but I doubt he's scared.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

Do you honestly think a guy who has fought the opponents Pacquiao has is scared of Floyd Mayweather?
    Even if Mayweather beat him people would just say he was too small/at the end of his career etc. I see nothing that indicates that Pacquiao is scared of anyone. He might appear afraid of failing a drug test or so prideful that he won't give in to Mayweather's demands, but I doubt he's scared.
    No, He will take Miguel Cotto's punches on the chin hard way, but he is afraid of being stuck with a needle
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The first paragraph of the article reads:

Freddie Roach has suggested Manny Pacquiao's clash with Joshua Clottey could be the Filipino's swansong if a deal cannot be struck with Floyd Mayweather Jr.

This to me does not look like Manny is scared and there is nothing here that would indicate that he is avoiding Floyd. If Manny wins against Clottey, the only fight left for him is Mayweather (provided he also wins his respective fight). And Roach used the word suggested which means it's not even definite.
    Last edited by InTheNeutralCorner; 02-21-2010 at 02:21 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by InTheNeutralCorner View Post

Freddie Roach has suggested Manny Pacquiao's clash with Joshua Clottey could be the Filipino's swansong if a deal cannot be struck with Floyd Mayweather Jr.

This to me does not look like Manny is scared and there is nothing here that would indicate that he is avoiding Floyd. If Manny wins against Clottey, the only fight left for him is Mayweather (provided he also wins his respective fight). And Roach used the word suggested which means it's not even definite.
    "If a deal cannot be struck with Floyd Mayweather Jr." means, if Pacquiao doesn't get his way, which you know isn't gonna happen, sorry the blood tests DO need to happen, and if Pacquiao takes the pussy way out and tucks ass into retirement without the blood tests, there is always gonna be a cloud over his accomplishments

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"If a deal cannot be struck with Floyd Mayweather Jr." means, if Pacquiao doesn't get his way, which you know isn't gonna happen, sorry the blood tests DO need to happen, and if Pacquiao takes the pussy way out and tucks ass into retirement without the blood tests, there is always gonna be a cloud over his accomplishments
    This goes both ways. Floyd already came up with a statement that it would not be a 50/50 if he fights Manny. This fight could also be derailed if Floyd doesn't get his way.

And yes, that blood test needs to happen. And do you know why the fight didn't happen? It isn't because Manny refused the blood test. He agreed to the blood test. They just didn't agree on the blood test protocol (24 days vs 14 days).

I have to go to bed now since I need to wake up early. I'll check on your response tomorrow. Don't worry, I'm not avoiding you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This goes both ways. Floyd already came up with a statement that it would not be a 50/50 if he fights Manny. This fight could also be derailed if Floyd doesn't get his way.

And yes, that blood test needs to happen. And do you know why the fight didn't happen? It isn't because Manny refused the blood test. He agreed to the blood test. They just didn't agree on the blood test protocol (24 days vs 14 days).

I have to go to bed now since I need to wake up early. I'll check on your response tomorrow. Don't worry, I'm not avoiding you.
    don't worry much about elterriblemorales, the morales should be struck out of his name when it comes to pacquiao. lol

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's not retiring....win or lose vs Clottey and I dont think the former is a certainty.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac might not be scared of Mayweather, but he is scared of taking a random drug test. If people can be stopped randomly when driving a car to breathe into a tube, then Manny can agree to a random drugs test. It's the same thing, no one is saying you are guilty, but it's up to you every now and then just to do something and say "there you go...I'm clean, let's fight". Just as the driver can drive away into the night, the fighter can then get his career high payday. You don't just drive down backstreets in the hope that there are no cops and where you will only pass people driving Top Rank cars. That to me indicates drink driving.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the past few years i have come to learn two things. Pac is not scared of anyone, and NEVER to believe Freddy Roach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MMASUX View Post
    In the past few years i have come to learn two things. Pac is not scared of anyone, and NEVER to believe Freddy Roach.
    I absolutely agree with both points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Pac might not be scared of Mayweather, but he is scared of taking a random drug test. If people can be stopped randomly when driving a car to breathe into a tube, then Manny can agree to a random drugs test. It's the same thing, no one is saying you are guilty, but it's up to you every now and then just to do something and say "there you go...I'm clean, let's fight". Just as the driver can drive away into the night, the fighter can then get his career high payday. You don't just drive down backstreets in the hope that there are no cops and where you will only pass people driving Top Rank cars. That to me indicates drink driving.
    There is already the random urine drug test that is required and that both boxers has to go through. The disagreement was with the blood drug test protocol.

People who are driving can be stopped by the police if there is a violation and can be asked to perform an alcohol breathe test if there is a suspicion that they are drunk. Why, can the cops in your country make you do the alcohol breathe test in the absence of any suspicion?

My question to you: Do you find Manny's accomplishment to be extra ordinary, average or not spectacular at all? Did you ever give any excuse as to why Manny's opponent lost?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    There is already the random urine drug test that is required and that both boxers has to go through. The disagreement was with the blood drug test protocol.

People who are driving can be stopped by the police if there is a violation and can be asked to perform an alcohol breathe test if there is a suspicion that they are drunk. Why, can the cops in your country make you do the alcohol breathe test in the absence of any suspicion?

My question to you: Do you find Manny's accomplishment to be extra ordinary, average or not spectacular at all? Did you ever give any excuse as to why Manny's opponent lost?
    The police in this country do stop people randomly after a certain time in the evenings and I think it is a good idea considering so many like to drink and drive out here. So, in my instance the analogy fits. I don't know how it is in other countries.

Manny's recent achievements have been spectacular. Marquez had his way with Manny only a few years ago and it took an age for him to get Diaz out of there and here he is marching up through the weights stopping bigger men with ease and busting them up badly. I would never have had any suspicions had it not been for their response to the demand of random drug testing. The refusal to go through with a mega fight over such a silly issue has cast doubt upon everything Manny has ever achieved.

If I refused to give a breath sample the cops would assume that I was trying to hide something, it's the same here. Manny's refusal to give random samples makes him look very suspicious. All it took was a simple "yes" and an impish grin and the fight would have been on. The lies that came with the refusal to give blood only deepened the question marks. Mosley has managed to go through with the testing proving it's not a big deal unless you make it a big deal. Manny comes off looking bad, and in the eyes of many, is like or not tarnished as a man who refused/couldn't prove he was for real.

Thread Information