Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mayweather and mosley having a great fight would be the worst thing for boxing

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default mayweather and mosley having a great fight would be the worst thing for boxing

Seriously i can just envisage the situation now. Floyd takes a close somewhat controversial decision over shane with various back and forths in the fight and enivatably calls on mosley for a re-match forcing pacquiao into retirement

The whole scene is setup perfectly for mayweather to dodge pacquiao
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: mayweather and mosley having a great fight would be the worst thing for boxing

You're not drunk as you are typing this are you?

Mayweather and Mosley having an awesome night would be great for boxing. And if those 2 have a rematch, Pac can fight some guy to stay busy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: mayweather and mosley having a great fight would be the worst thing for boxing

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    You're not drunk as you are typing this are you?

Mayweather and Mosley having an awesome night would be great for boxing. And if those 2 have a rematch, Pac can fight some guy to stay busy.

I really dont see it mate, pacquiaos got too many fingers in pies, if he doesnt get floyd by the end of the year i just see him calling it a day and moving on.

And to answer your question its only midday even im not that bad, give me till at least 2-3 to start posting drunk

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wait what?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hammer have you taken up smoking crack in shock at our terrible season?

Mayweather & Mosley will have millions of people worldwide watching it. If it's a great fight that's even better for boxing. If the public wants a rematch there will be one. If they don't then the winner will fight Pacquiao.

Hammer = best current poster on this forum.
    Last edited by JazMerkin; 03-15-2010 at 12:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post

Hammer have you taken up smoking crack?

Mayweather & Mosley will have millions of people worldwide watching it. If it's a great fight that's even better for boxing. If the public wants a rematch there will be one. If they don't then the winner will fight Pacquiao.
    As above. +1.

Hammer gets the prize for the most amusing post thread title I have ever seen.
    Some people say boxing is a matter of life or death, it's not, it's far more important than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

seriously boys when mayweather-mosley 2 takes place in the winter and pacquiao goes into retirement you `ll be cursing yourself for not listening to a distinguished and valued forum member trying to warn you all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hammer, i could see that happening too. Though i think it may be a small chance i would not count it out. I'm hoping Floyd beats him convincingly so there is no question as to what fight needs to happen after that.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even if it is a brilliant fight that demanded a re-match, the winner would still fight Pac Man first because that is where the most money would be.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

maybe mayweather wins a close, hard fought decision against mosely that calls for a rematch. but mayweather, afraid of losing his precious zero retires and never fights again. then pac fights bradley for christmas and destroys him in under 2 rounds and then retires to a desk job.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Pac will keep going until he is beaten badly, whether Mayweather does it or not, Pac is having fun in the ring at the minute and you can see it's where he feels at home. If every boxer who threatened retirement actually backed it up we'd only have about 3 world class boxers fighting right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok, lets put this another way and see how it reads, so how much credability would the title ' Mayweather and Mosley having a great terrible fight would be the worst thing for boxing ?

The answer, probably alot.
    Some people say boxing is a matter of life or death, it's not, it's far more important than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    I think Pac will keep going until he is beaten badly, whether Mayweather does it or not, Pac is having fun in the ring at the minute and you can see it's where he feels at home. If every boxer who threatened retirement actually backed it up we'd only have about 3 world class boxers fighting right now.

No he wont

he is running for office this year if he was to win do you seriously believe he`d just throw that all away to concentrate on being a full time boxer

Pac has 2 fights tops left, but i would not be surprised if mayweather hasnt happened by the end of the year that we dont see him back in a boxing ring for quite a long time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post

No he wont

he is running for office this year if he was to win do you seriously believe he`d just throw that all away to concentrate on being a full time boxer

Pac has 2 fights tops left, but i would not be surprised if mayweather hasnt happened by the end of the year that we dont see him back in a boxing ring for quite a long time
    I hear you, but what I cant see happening is Manny hanging his gloves up when really he is right at the very top of his game. There is a still a legacy to be enhanced ever further, there is still huge demand for his fights, and he has shown zero signs of decline. There is plenty of great fights still out there for Manny, and plenty of $$$$$ to be made. I really dont see him hanging them up anytime soon.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac v Mayweather isn't the 'be all and end all' of Boxing.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Thread Information