Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2000 version of Shane Mosley vs any version of PBF who wins?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default 2000 version of Shane Mosley vs any version of PBF who wins?

just curious as to others thoughts on the hypothetical outcome..i'd pick shane to stop floyd inside of ten rounds...

The shane against oscar would be too much for floyd..Shane circled, used a very stiff jab, fluid combos, high work rate, stamina and needless to say has a great beard...

Any opinions?
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 2000 version of Shane Mosley vs any version of PBF who wins?

I go with Shane by UD with Floyd being dropped at least once.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather View Post
    just curious as to others thoughts on the hypothetical outcome..i'd pick shane to stop floyd inside of ten rounds...

The shane against oscar would be too much for floyd..Shane circled, used a very stiff jab, fluid combos, high work rate, stamina and needless to say has a great beard...

Any opinions?
    I'd say either fighter by close decision. nobody has ever even knocked Floyd down so its a bit much to say Shane would KO him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post

Any opinions?
    I'd say either fighter by close decision. nobody has ever even knocked Floyd down so its a bit much to say Shane would KO him.
    fair enough...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great matchup and I really can't make a decision. One thing for sure is that PBF has never faced a test as tough as that would've been! Mosely up to the first DLH fight was amazing!!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive not shane once appear to look past it.

The win over margarito more than matches his performances against dela hoya and vargas
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shane did turn back the clock against Marg, I know he enjoys fighting Mexican fighters but the punch output was excellent. Floyd did not want to fight Shane, and I am sure Floyd will be under clever experienced pressure which I hope sees Shane win this fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd UD's any version of Mosley besides the Shane that beat Oscar the first time out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Floyd UD's any version of Mosley besides the Shane that beat Oscar the first time out
    so are you picking the 2000 version of shane or floyd to win by split decision?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As of now I would have Mayweather winning against any version of Mosley, I don't think any version of Mosley would be particularly easy for Mayweather to beat even if he in a boxing sense outboxed Mosley quite dramatically I think it would be a competitive fight, like his fight against Oscar. Even though he landed twice as many punches he simply doesn't have the physical presence at 147 to really impact these guys enough to make it a totally outsided affair.

That being said I can't really determine how these two would have matched up until we see them fighting in May, that will be a good oppertunity to get a barring of how Mayweather would have fared against a younger Mosley. IMO Mosley has changed his style a lot less dramatically than Oscar did... at least as a welterweight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2000 version of Mosley easy. To me one quick counterpunch at a time can not get it done against a viscious combination puncher who can match speed's and hit much harder. I would go as far to say Mosley by late stoppage.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    so are you picking the 2000 version of shane or floyd to win by split decision?
    Shane by SD

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If anything, I might favour PBF to beat Shane of 2000 more than now. The reasoning being that whilst Shane obviously had quicker reflexes & was more of a beast, I don't think he was as seasoned or intelligent a fighter as he is now, which is how I believe he beats Mayweather. I think a PBF UD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    If anything, I might favour PBF to beat Shane of 2000 more than now. The reasoning being that whilst Shane obviously had quicker reflexes & was more of a beast, I don't think he was as seasoned or intelligent a fighter as he is now, which is how I believe he beats Mayweather. I think a PBF UD.
    Shane was losing that fight against oscar at first until he started to circle and use his stiff jab..he had to fight from behind against a very good and basically undefeated oscar that took a lot of thinking... now I believe PBf can win much easier because shane doesn't have the legs he had then and he will eat a lot of straight rights walking floyd down and before he knows it the fight will be over...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Fightfan View Post
    2000 version of Mosley easy. To me one quick counterpunch at a time can not get it done against a viscious combination puncher who can match speed's and hit much harder. I would go as far to say Mosley by late stoppage.
    Mosley was a viscious combination puncher against guys who didn't move well and weren't as fast as he is. It's like Leonard used to be an amazing combination puncher but you didn't see it against the more elite guys because they wouldn't let him throw combinations. Like I said I don't think Mayweather was trying to limit the times Oscar brought him to the ropes, but if he uses as little movement as he did in that fight then forget about the 2000 version of Shane, THIS version of Shane might be too much for FLoyd. I honestly think Floyd needs to keep this fight in the middle of the ring. Judges love scoring for the guy throwing punches and backing the other guy up. But like I said I don't think Mosley has fallen physically that far, and I think he is a smarter fighter. I think this version of Mosley would be competitive with him in his prime, just like I thought the Oscar that fought Mayweather on that night would have been a lot of versions of himself in his "prime" He was very sharp defensively that night, and had an excellent strategy against Floyd.

Thread Information