Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Pacific (HBO) .. Discussion Thread ..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Pacific (HBO) ...Discussions...

((EDIT : I've changed this thread into more like a discussion one where if you are watching the series each week then you can chat about it here)

It airs tonight (Sunday) in America but probably won't be out in Australia for months.. But Band of Brothers is the best thing i've ever seen, and the Pacific looks like it's going to be insane..

The Germans in WWII fought like the Americans and kind of protected themselves... The Japanese wouldn't fight on the other side of the line but charge over with no regard for living or dieing... Savage stuff and I bet this series is going to show more than ever how brutal that campaign of the war really was...

Wonder if i'll still want to join the army after watching it..

Anyway if you aren't going to watch it, I bet your missing an amazing hour of television.. If you do watch it, let me know what you think..
    Last edited by Dizaster; 03-23-2010 at 12:25 PM.
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tell me how "The Pacific" was if you watch it.

Yeah I'm looking forward to this too. V starts again at the end of the month too so some good stuff to look forward to.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is V good? I tried to watch the first episode like twice and for some reason just couldn't get into it.

I'm looking forward to the Pacific. Its obviously going to be compared to Band of Brothers, as long as its good I don't care if its as good. I watched the first couple episodes of Band of Brothers the other day for the first time in ages and forgot how good it was.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's on in about three hours, I'll give you a full critique
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I must have wathced band of brothers through well over 10 times now... hadn't for a few years. Just lent it to my girlfriends parents to watch, had the first episode on with them last night and I wanted to take the boxed set home and watch!

Anybody read the book?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    I must have wathced band of brothers through well over 10 times now... hadn't for a few years. Just lent it to my girlfriends parents to watch, had the first episode on with them last night and I wanted to take the boxed set home and watch!

Anybody read the book?
    The book is great. Far better than the series IMO. I read the book long before they made it into a tv show. I actually have the memoirs of a couple of the guys in Easy Company. I can't remember how many, but I know I have Dick Winters and Kenyon Websters books. I also have a fair number of Steven Ambrose's other works, he's far from objective but I love his use of oral histories.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would love to read Dick Winters book... How is that one CFH? He leaves a very good impression from the tv series, and if he was anything of that respectable type chap in real life his book would be a great read...

Bilbo if you find a rapidshare link at some stage just post it up, i'm looking now but I think it's only been a few hours since it aired so I'll probably wait until tomorrow...

There are so many documentaries with the words 'the pacific' that the searches turn up a lot of stuff that isn't what i'm looking for..
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's on bitsoup already, I've downloaded it but not watched it yet, it's 8.30 am here and I've only been awake for about 7 minutes!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any chance of the torrent link bilbo? can't register to bitsoup and nowhere else seems to have a legit copy yet.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I posted this on the old server, you can go to a place called katzforums, go to the tv series forum and there will be a bunch of links, rapidshare, megaupload, etc.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I liked it, a little slow at first with an overview on the main characters pre-war.
    There is a battle scene in the first episode which was pretty intense, it was kinda slow going at first, kinda the same way band of brothers was. Definately worth watching though.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizaster View Post
    I would love to read Dick Winters book... How is that one CFH? He leaves a very good impression from the tv series, and if he was anything of that respectable type chap in real life his book would be a great read...

Bilbo if you find a rapidshare link at some stage just post it up, i'm looking now but I think it's only been a few hours since it aired so I'll probably wait until tomorrow...

There are so many documentaries with the words 'the pacific' that the searches turn up a lot of stuff that isn't what i'm looking for..
    It was ok, but I really doubt that he wrote all that much of it. Worth checking out if you're really into the Easy Company story-line. I'd wager your local library might have a copy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Pacific (HBO) .. Discussion Thread ..

ATTN: MOD... Wondering if you can merge this with my other Pacific thread on page 2....

I wanted to have an open thread to chat about this each week for anyone else following it..

I just finished watching episode 2 and it was pretty intense stuff... The first EP started slow, but man what hell they faced in episode 2...

Anyway, just wanted to get the thread started... Anyone wanting to start watching it, I highly recommend it.. It's on HBO every Sunday night and is up to episode 2 of 10,,, can easily download by late Monday... I can post links if people need them...

I'm looking forward to the next episode it is called "Melbourne" which is my lovely home city and the filming was done there at places I have been to a lot of times... But seeing the history will probably make me appreciate them more and see them differently and how they played a small part in the war.. Granted even just for a moments refuge from the hell that was going on in the oceans not far off our shores..

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Pacific (HBO) .. Discussion Thread ..

I've got downloaded copies of both episodes but I haven't watched them yet. I've been kind of busy but also just giving some thought to waiting till I get all of them and then taking a weekend and just watching a marathon of them. I don't know, depends on how bored I get between now and then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Pacific (HBO) .. Discussion Thread ..

never seen band of brothers heard it was good tho

i aint got sky movies which pacific is being shown on in uk

wouldnt mind watching it tho

Thread Information