Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default George Groves....

Missed his fight at the arena, but caught it on TV yesterday.
    Really impressed by the maturity of the performance against a very experienced (if a bit wild) opponent.
    Looks like this kids got a bright future.
    24 Beers in a slab, 24 hours in the day.......go figure.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: George Groves....

Quote Originally Posted by FTMatty View Post
    Really impressed by the maturity of the performance against a very experienced (if a bit wild) opponent.
    Yeah, i've been trying to keep up with he's career. He's light years ahead of Degale as far as development goes IMO.

I think Goldenboy have been showing there interest already.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Groves is looking better and better. Very impressive to get the stoppage. He made Adamu look worse than he is.

He seems way in front of DeGale and the like at the moment (as jim said). I'd make him favourite over Smith for the British.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie View Post
    Yeah, i've been trying to keep up with he's career. He's light years ahead of Degale as far as development goes IMO.

I think Goldenboy have been showing there interest already.

If you were comparing their careers to this current point groves in terms of ability has stole an absoloute march on de gale.

He hasnt had the bright lights and fame of the olympics, while de gale has been jollying it up groves has actually been working on making himself a world class fighter and not just claiming to be one
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another Adam Booth success story.

I definitely rate Groves ahead of Smith and Degale. Degale is all hype and Smith is over rated in my opinion.
    He looks like he could potentially get better and better as he's only 22 now.
    He walked in front of us after his fight on Saturday night, and didn't have a mark on him.

Looking forward to a Degale v Groves fight

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I definitely rate Groves ahead of Smith and Degale. Degale is all hype and Smith is over rated in my opinion.
    He walked in front of us after his fight on Saturday night, and didn't have a mark on him.

I'd absolutely agree with that. I'd say that even at this stage right now Groves would handle Smith no problems. As for De Gale, he is a bit over rated at this stage, while he has plenty of potential he gets hit way too easy for my liking. I'd say Groves would make DeGale eat leather all night long. Groves also has a huge reach, which makes him very hard to hit controlling the distance very well. He appears to me to be 3 years atleast ahead of DeGale in terms of progress.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by themacmagician View Post

I'd absolutely agree with that. I'd say that even at this stage right now Groves would handle Smith no problems. As for De Gale, he is a bit over rated at this stage, while he has plenty of potential he gets hit way too easy for my liking. I'd say Groves would make DeGale eat leather all night long. Groves also has a huge reach, which makes him very hard to hit controlling the distance very well. He appears to me to be 3 years atleast ahead of DeGale in terms of progress.....

And thats a pretty scary thought when you consider he's only 22.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by themacmagician View Post

And thats a pretty scary thought when you consider he's only 22.
    Man I know. I've been watching him pretty much from the start and I'm continuing to be impressed. He has a great ability to hit and not get hit and he seems to have plenty of power to go with it. Very bright future and certain to wipe the smile from DeGales face at some stage.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No disrespect to David Haye but I kinda hope he'll outgrow the Hayemaker promotional outfit sometime soon. I think fighting on David Haye undercards will only get you so far. It's great for now though...
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No disrespect to David Haye but I kinda hope he'll outgrow the Hayemaker promotional outfit sometime soon. I think fighting on David Haye undercards will only get you so far. It's great for now though...
    If Groves was with certain other bigger promoters he would have needed 25+ fights before being matched with an Adamu level fighter.

Haye/Booth haven't done a bad job with Haye. He's a crossover star with only 25 fights in the bag. Impressive.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    If Groves was with certain other bigger promoters he would have needed 25+ fights before being matched with an Adamu level fighter.

Haye/Booth haven't done a bad job with Haye. He's a crossover star with only 25 fights in the bag. Impressive.
    Yeah thats true...
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats why Haye has been trash talking for all this time.
    It's got him noticed, and got him a title shot very early on in his heavyweight career.
    Haye will still do all the PR stuff, but I think the level of respect he shows opponents will be much greater in future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yep

Theres only so many ways you can sell a fighters talent, eventually the big promoters out there are gonna wanna see wins on the record book. David Haye can be a world champion after only 24fights because of a combination of quality, charisma and the fact there just isnt any real depth in heavyweight boxing right now

George groves however will find his struggle tougher, there`ll always be a huge pool of talented middleweight fighters across the world
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

yep

Theres only so many ways you can sell a fighters talent, eventually the big promoters out there are gonna wanna see wins on the record book. David Haye can be a world champion after only 24fights because of a combination of quality, charisma and the fact there just isnt any real depth in heavyweight boxing right now

George groves however will find his struggle tougher, there`ll always be a huge pool of talented middleweight fighters across the world
    I think he may be able to step up in a year or 2, because hes a naturally well built lad.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats why Haye has been trash talking for all this time.
    It's got him noticed, and got him a title shot very early on in his heavyweight career.
    Haye will still do all the PR stuff, but I think the level of respect he shows opponents will be much greater in future.
    For sure his personality and the fact he's a heavyweight are huge factors in his current fame, but he's also been respected by hardcore Brit fans for years now.

Not only was he taking on guys like Thompson way earlier than expected, he also won his titles away from home and as the "away" fighter on other promoters bills in England. Something similar with Groves will get him huge credit/attention too.

Thread Information