Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it me or is Boxing currently the most exciting it has been in years?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is it me or is Boxing currently the most exciting it has been in years?

Things right now are great in the sport....We have quite a few stacked divisions and we also have some good rivalries in the divisions that aren't...Plus for the first time in a long long time we have quite a few very very talented young fighters coming up that seems like everyone can agree on they will be a future star....

The HW division is improving a bit and the guys that aren't what we would like them to be are at least signing good match ups...Not to mention Haye (who is a tool) who gives us a reason to talk about the heavies outside of who was walked over by a Klitschko...He sure as hell can bring a build up to a fight...Lets just hope it goes off regardless of who wins...

The SMW division is one of the sports most exciting...I mean hell how many of us EVER thought we would say that?...

The WW division is as always talent packed.....

We have the PBF/Mosley fight..

We have Pacquiao who brings us excitement each and every time ( no that does not mean I am being a fan boy)

The LWW has Bradley, Alexander, Malignaggi...each great for the sport in a separate way...Paulie for his drama (Plus since leaving Buddy he has goen back to his old style that was fan friendly outside of the power missing)

The LW division has Valero, JMM, Diaz, Funeka (Though with all this woman beating shit I can care less if Valero falls off the face of the earth)

The FW division has Chris John (No power but great boxer who is willing to get hit)..JuanMa, Caballero, Gamboa, Vazquez, Marquez...

SFW has Vic Darchinyan who is always entertaining in the ring and interviews...Donaire will any day pick up his level of comp...(I am TRYING TO STAY ON A HIGH NOTE HERE AND KEEP POSITIVE)

The European scene is having some great fights trading belts be it European or British fighters trading their belts....

(I really wish we got more British boxing in the states I really do)

I have not even named up and comers....

Boxing is good right now friends....Good indeed

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is it me or is Boxing currently the most exciting it has been in years?

Seems to me now is a great time for boxing, there is life at heavyweight after all. The is no shortage of promising prospects from all around the globe, the UK, the Phillippines, Japan, Germany, Mexico, Canada, Argentina and the US all have "A" game competitors and it seems that the zero loss is the most important thing is slowly subsiding to making more exciting fights.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is it me or is Boxing currently the most exciting it has been in years?

I agree man.the divisions are stacked with talent right now. Let's hope the promoters do their job and make some great fights happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

long overdue

Im trying to think of a division that doesnt have competition and genuinely cant think of one

Always thought that the Super middles would struggle desperately after JC, RJJ etc but the super6 is just about one of the most exciting things in boxing right now.

the lights are always stacked, welter is still the division to be in. 154/160 is finally starting to get interesting. And at long last in the hayemaker we have a challenger to the klitschkos dominance at heavy

I f*cking love this sport right now!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    Things right now are great in the sport....We have quite a few stacked divisions and we also have some good rivalries in the divisions that aren't...Plus for the first time in a long long time we have quite a few very very talented young fighters coming up that seems like everyone can agree on they will be a future star....

The HW division is improving a bit and the guys that aren't what we would like them to be are at least signing good match ups...Not to mention Haye (who is a tool) who gives us a reason to talk about the heavies outside of who was walked over by a Klitschko...He sure as hell can bring a build up to a fight...Lets just hope it goes off regardless of who wins...

The SMW division is one of the sports most exciting...I mean hell how many of us EVER thought we would say that?...

The WW division is as always talent packed.....

We have the PBF/Mosley fight..

We have Pacquiao who brings us excitement each and every time ( no that does not mean I am being a fan boy)

The LWW has Bradley, Alexander, Malignaggi...each great for the sport in a separate way...Paulie for his drama (Plus since leaving Buddy he has goen back to his old style that was fan friendly outside of the power missing)

The LW division has Valero, JMM, Diaz, Funeka (Though with all this woman beating shit I can care less if Valero falls off the face of the earth)

The FW division has Chris John (No power but great boxer who is willing to get hit)..JuanMa, Caballero, Gamboa, Vazquez, Marquez...

SFW has Vic Darchinyan who is always entertaining in the ring and interviews...Donaire will any day pick up his level of comp...(I am TRYING TO STAY ON A HIGH NOTE HERE AND KEEP POSITIVE)

The European scene is having some great fights trading belts be it European or British fighters trading their belts....

(I really wish we got more British boxing in the states I really do)

I have not even named up and comers....

Boxing is good right now friends....Good indeed
    I agree. But from the idiot general mainstream media in America you would think boxing is dead and without talent and no cares about it. It's exciting, alive and well, maybe not in AMerica because of the lack of talented American Heavies, but it is 1 of the top sports in the world.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's great right now. I have to say, as skeptical as I was at first, the Super 6 has been great for the sport. It has transformed the SMW division into one of the deepest, if not the deepest, in boxing and it has ensure the best fighters are all fighting each other (bar Bute, but his day will come). I think that, combined with the meteoric rise of Manny Pacquiao and the potential for a somewhat resurgent HW division because of David Haye has created a great boxing environment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree Daxx boxing is looking pretty good with some good fights to look forward to, hopefully a Pac/Floyd fight happens because that would make the world sit up and watch and that's what boxing needs. Hopefully the Heavy division will continue to improve for the same reasons and some meaningful fights are made soon - fingers crossed.

It's also good to see fans refuse to pay for shit like RJJ/Hopkins, the more we do that, the less they will try it hopefully.

I'm somewhat dissappointed with the super six tourney so far in terms of the actual fights but Kessler/Froch/Abraham fighting each other should make some fireworks.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate to admit it but Manny Pac has been exciting but it just seems the best fights do not always happen which frustrates the hell out me.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jones vs hopkins 2 for fight of the year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not to mention we are in the mist of a nice stretch run of fights that carries over to June. Almost every week until June we will have 1 or 2 fights that are great.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's been a very slow start to the year, from January to March there was barely more than a couple of decent bouts involving name fighters.

But for sure there are many divisions that are enjoying a resurgance of life and plenty of pontential big matchups in the pipeline.

I think it will end up being a great year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No arguments with any post in here. Very solid. Just to play devils advocate, how much more popular would boxing be right now if it didn't cost so much to be a fan? I know we have the tuesday and friday night fights but to watch superstars box from the comfort of your own home is $60.00 a pop. And the drum that continously gets beaten is that the Mayweather/Pacman fight needs to happen. I believe it could be our generations Ali vs. Frazier. But there are some great fights coming down the pipe right now and I'm excited about it (and saving my money so I can watch). Again, good thread.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 15rounder View Post
    No arguments with any post in here. Very solid. Just to play devils advocate, how much more popular would boxing be right now if it didn't cost so much to be a fan? I know we have the tuesday and friday night fights but to watch superstars box from the comfort of your own home is $60.00 a pop. And the drum that continously gets beaten is that the Mayweather/Pacman fight needs to happen. I believe it could be our generations Ali vs. Frazier. But there are some great fights coming down the pipe right now and I'm excited about it (and saving my money so I can watch). Again, good thread.
    You guys get done 60 US ?

What do you English fellas pay in pounds?

We get ours for $39 . 95. yeah 40 bucks.

Canada what do you guys pay?
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think boxing is at a real high point & things are shaping to only get better! The best fights are being made & if they do happen to fall through another fight just as good if not better is set up. There's so much young talent, mixed in with experienced vets & they they all seem eager to prove themselves against one another.

There are still issues but on a whole I think the game is moving in the right direction...
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 15rounder View Post
    You guys get done 60 US ?

What do you English fellas pay in pounds?

We get ours for $39 . 95. yeah 40 bucks.

Canada what do you guys pay?
    We Canadians are smart enough to save our money and just watch it on a stream. Most of us are probably too drunk to accurately remember the big fights as they happen anyways, so we just download them the next day and save ourselve $49.99.

Thread Information