Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: How much as fans do we miss out on because of Broadcasting?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How much as fans do we miss out on because of Broadcasting?

There is always some debate or another on here or one idiot or another on here who makes comments about..

"Well you don't like so and so because he is British" OR "Why does fighter X have to be American"...OR Vice Versa...

America has a bigger broadcasting network around the world thus fighters who fight in America gain more exposure making the old Wives Tale that to be considered great you must fight in America....

Truth is there are top notch fighters all over the world...Also IMO boxing fans miss out on some great action from the UK...Especially your rivalries for British titles....

How much do we as fans on both sides of the Ocean miss out on because of broadcasting...How much does it effect fighters that have contracts with domestic promoters so they miss out on much deserved exposure?

EG- Would have been great to see the Harrison/Sprott fight....If we had more of a wider broadcasting the HW division would be more exciting because currently it is European fighters that dominate the division...

Does anyone agree or am I talking bollocks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How much as fans do we miss out on because of Broadcasting?

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    There is always some debate or another on here or one idiot or another on here who makes comments about..

"Well you don't like so and so because he is British" OR "Why does fighter X have to be American"...OR Vice Versa...

America has a bigger broadcasting network around the world thus fighters who fight in America gain more exposure making the old Wives Tale that to be considered great you must fight in America....

Truth is there are top notch fighters all over the world...Also IMO boxing fans miss out on some great action from the UK...Especially your rivalries for British titles....

How much do we as fans on both sides of the Ocean miss out on because of broadcasting...How much does it effect fighters that have contracts with domestic promoters so they miss out on much deserved exposure?

EG- Would have been great to see the Harrison/Sprott fight....If we had more of a wider broadcasting the HW division would be more exciting because currently it is European fighters that dominate the division...

Fuck you you prick. If you're going to have a pop at me be man enough to say it.

But, tt's true. People do have prejudice against fighter of other nationalities. however boxing does not revolve around america no matter how much golden boy and american fight fans and commentators would like it to. Just look at the heavyweight division.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post

Fuck you you prick. If you're going to have a pop at me be man enough to say it.

But, tt's true. People do have prejudice against fighter of other nationalities. however boxing does not revolve around america no matter how much golden boy and american fight fans and commentators would like it to. Just look at the heavyweight division.
    i'm pretty sure Daxx of all people would let you know that you're the biggest fucking tool on the forum with no problem at all

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

An international web-cast of boxing is the way of the future. I know there are already some groups out there that do it, but there is a lot of improvement to still be made. Certainly there will be a group that offers pay for subscription live boxing (MMA will also surely be involved) that will have affiliates that broadcast from Japan, Australia, USA, Argentina, Germany, UK, Mexico and even that planet we know as Canada. The revolution of internet streaming is already making international fight cards more accessible, how hard would it have been to watch a regular fight card from Argentina just 5 years ago? Now it's available, all that's left to do is optimize the bandwidth and create an international co-op.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post

Wasn't talking about you because this is something that goes on all the time and long before you ever disgraced us with your shit posting...

But since you are in need..

You are a shit poster...You speak out of your ass.....I have posted on several threads that your a tool with nothing else to follow it just you are a tool....

Save your cheap comments to yourself, if I am talking about you in this thread or any other I will make it clear you are my topic....
    EG. http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...sec-vid-7.html
    hence my only words are you are a TOOL

Internet tough guy
    Last edited by DaxxKahn; 04-13-2010 at 11:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    An international web-cast of boxing is the way of the future. I know there are already some groups out there that do it, but there is a lot of improvement to still be made. Certainly there will be a group that offers pay for subscription live boxing (MMA will also surely be involved) that will have affiliates that broadcast from Japan, Australia, USA, Argentina, Germany, UK, Mexico and even that planet we know as Canada. The revolution of internet streaming is already making international fight cards more accessible, how hard would it have been to watch a regular fight card from Argentina just 5 years ago? Now it's available, all that's left to do is optimize the bandwidth and create an international co-op.
    For sure it has come a long way and gosh knows we have all been lucky with the internet streams on more then one occasion when it comes to big fights...I was more or less meaning in an everyday type situation...

EG- How about FNF cards being broadcast from the UK, Germany, Mexico...Not just in the States....Even better a weekly show that airs only fights from somewhere else....

Or vice versa in other places....Don't know what sports channels are in the UK and if there is a regular series like FNF or WNF on thgem like ESPN here but would it not be great for fans over in the UK to get the broadcast the next day (Seeing since the 6 hr time difference don't think it would be beneficial to air the live cards from America at 4am).....

It would be great to see an up comer on the rise from somewhere else and not wait until they are in a title fight before we get to see them fight....Would be nice to follow the career of guys somewhere else...

The sport is worldwide...These guys become World Champions....Personally I would like to see guys before they become World champions as well..

I can't remember what station I would catch Hatton fights on when he was on the rise....It wasn't HBO it was a regular station....I could not sleep one night flicked through the guide seen boxing and this Hatton kid was on beating up Tony Pep...I seen 5 or 6 of his early fights that way...That is why I was excited when he fought Tszyu and most of the people I knew had not even heard of him...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shit loads from all round the world. If anyone knows any channels that are streamed regular BTW share them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    Shit loads from all round the world. If anyone knows any channels that are streamed regular BTW share them.
    I second that

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate the fact to watch most non UK fights I have to wait for the fight to happen then try and find a crap vid of it online.

Missed the Holyfield vs Botha fight as I couldn't find it

To answer your theory, I agree, not only with the major players (US and UK) but I bet there are some cracking fights in Asia neither of us get to see unless you dig really deep.

Eurosport in the UK often has polish and german boxing on, but most are fat heavyweights.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would love to subscribe to a boxing channel that showed fights around the world, even if they were not live. Your knowledge of fighters expands, I remember ITV showing fights from Asia and the Galaxy brother etc were brilliant fighters.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think we could be at the high water mark for being able to see fights from around the world. I don't think any TV companies in any country are going to show B or less level fights from around the world as there's no money to be made from it. That leaves the net where you already have certain p2p archives for the hardcore fans but anything official would have to negotiate with the copyright holders in so many different countries and it'd probably thus be impossible to do anything legally. Without copyright holder agreement forget it as over the next few years countries are going to be cracking down on copyright infringement on the net, Britain just passed a law which will soon end illegal p2p and rapidshare etc. downloads. Plus the time differences involved (for instance ESPN FNF being on at 4 am Saturday morning UK time) mean the only workable thing would be a PPV archive site with the approval of loads of copyright holders worldwide. Setting something like that up would be a labour of love rather than a moneymaking enterprise, I'm not sure it would be possible for it to pay its bills even assuming it could get the legal OK to show fights.

Thread Information