428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I hope people wont say "O mosley was old"

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    The built-in excuses is what I hate most about boxing.

Shane is rated no.2 at welterweight, no.3 P4P and is coming off one of his greatest wins. His age shouldn't be a factor due to his current standing in world boxing.

Anyone that beats a fighter with those credentials deserves nothing but huge respect. Obviously, as already highlighted, that wont be the case. Shame.
    BHOP is still rated top 2 at LHW. 6 p4p, and WBO super champ, but if he were to fight Dawson, that 45 age would look like 55. Hey it's too bad but that's the boxing game Floyd has to utterly dominant Shane, period. Because if he's not going to get any credit he might as well try to do something no one has ever done which is stop shane, that will give a lot weight to floydboys in regards to how they might have match in their primes.
    The difference is - Hopkins is not coming off a great performance. Hopkins looked shit against Roy. His rating is pretty much false at this stage.

Had Hopkins fought Dawson after the Pavlik win plenty would have picked him.
    Last edited by Fenster; 04-14-2010 at 03:47 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    I f*cking hate when that excuse gets chucked out.

If your young enough to train for 12 solid weeks and spar for 6 your young enough to fight

Tell that to evander if he faces Ivan Klitschko
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shane is old... but his recent fights have indicated that he can still fight and is without a trace of ill effects from missing a beat. Surprisingly, with success of his outing with the "brick banger", Antonio, he has decisively negated this factoid as a handicap.

Shane or Floyd Jr. wins this fight, either man should be given full credit for it, for it is a great fight.

True boxing fans can surely appreciate this match-up!

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    I think Majesty has a point. If someone is picking Mosley to win don't use some excuse later like say Mosley was old as an excuse if he loses.

Not going to mention names, but when Pacquiao beat Cotto, the same people that predicted Cotto would ko Pac later said Pacquiao beat a shot fighter, that was an excuse to discredit that win, they didn't say he was a shot fighter before the fight, but after the fight that was the excused used.

If you're making a prediction on the guy stick to it don't use some sorry excuse later on if the fighter you're backing loses.

I have to say I agree.
    My first post says simply , if 39 isnt old for a WW / LMW then what is old ?
    its a question , one which nobody has answerwed !

and i stick to the fact Mosley aged 39 will win .
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm gonna say that I want Shane to win, no doubt... I want him to Nonito Donaire Mayweathers ass and just catch him with a clean ass punch that knocks the taste out of his mouth... But Mosley will look old against Mayweather. I can see it now. Mayweather is not going to give him the extra second to connect like he did against Margarito. Margarito made Mosley look like the fastest guy on the planet. Mosley is quick but he will be countered effectivley all night. I hate Mayweather but I'll call it like I see it. I think Mosley has been on the solid decline fore sometime and, in fact, his speech is being effected. As quick as Mosley looks, Mayweather will be much faster. I hate Mayweather and love Mosley but people are getting their hopes up for yet another one sided fight. I want nothing better than to see Floyd go down in flames... If this fight happened 5 or 6 years ago... Maybe. But not now.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shane is old but he has that toughness which shows us his true grit. I guess Foreman started "it", albeit the heavyweight field was crap when he regained the title. Old doesn't mean you're done. Boxing doesn't have the worlds most gifted athletes competing so sometimes that savvy wisdom can prevail over younger, stronger, faster and even those with more heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I think Majesty has a point. If someone is picking Mosley to win don't use some excuse later like say Mosley was old as an excuse if he loses.

Not going to mention names, but when Pacquiao beat Cotto, the same people that predicted Cotto would ko Pac later said Pacquiao beat a shot fighter, that was an excuse to discredit that win, they didn't say he was a shot fighter before the fight, but after the fight that was the excused used.

If you're making a prediction on the guy stick to it don't use some sorry excuse later on if the fighter you're backing loses.

I have to say I agree.

39 is definitely old for a fighter. That of course doesn't mean they can't turn in great performances, but it definitely is an age where you're going to be past your best.

but Al, did say, that he's choosing an old, past his best, Mosley to win the fight, which is fine. But that is stating, clearly, that he's acknowledging the age gap, and looking past it.. therefore if he says 'mayweather beat an old declining mosley, big deal!' after the fight, then it's a near non-credible opinion.

it's not like there is some unforeseen handicap that mosley will all of a sudden develop on fight night.. like the flu, or an injury.. it's already determined that he's the older fighter, and that he is past his prime, and that Al or anyone else who chooses him to win understands this and can't make excuses.

easy enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    Shane is old but he has that toughness which shows us his true grit. I guess Foreman started "it", albeit the heavyweight field was crap when he regained the title. Old doesn't mean you're done. Boxing doesn't have the worlds most gifted athletes competing so sometimes that savvy wisdom can prevail over younger, stronger, faster and even those with more heart.
    Again... I hate Mayweather but We'll see if savvy saves Mosley from getting the shit counter punched out of him. Nobody has more ring savvy than Floyd. Fact. Floyd can stop and switch his game plan at the drop of a hat, and we saw against Wright that Mosley isn't as skilled at this.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post
    Again... I hate Mayweather but We'll see if savvy saves Mosley from getting the shit counter punched out of him. Nobody has more ring savvy than Floyd. Fact. Floyd can stop and switch his game plan at the drop of a hat, and we saw against Wright that Mosley isn't as skilled at this.
    We saw mosley fighting too high...he adapted perfectly to pull out the first fight with oscar.
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We saw mosley fighting too high...he adapted perfectly to pull out the first fight with oscar.
    Regardless, he isn't able to adapt as fast as Mayweather can. I gree he was fighting too high.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Regardless, he isn't able to adapt as fast as Mayweather can. I gree he was fighting too high.
    I would say Mayweather has better body control and is a more gifted athlete than Mosley. Mayweather fights the intention of looking more stylish in the ring directed toward observers (Judges). I would not say that he has more ring savvy. Another factor; Mayweather makes it abundantly clear that he is in it for the money. Mosley says he is in it to prove he is the best fighter. The criteria most use in making a p4p list often excludes a fighters pure desire to win. I didn't think Berto was more skilled or savvy than Quintana. I just think he was younger, stronger and had more desire to win. Quintana just couldn't keep up with that pace.

I think Mayweather cares more deeply how he looks in the ring because to him that translates into being the better boxer if it looks better. I think Mosley, thinks he is the better all around fighter and has more desire to win. If the old is not a factor in this fight and Mosley is able produce a better in the pace of the fight, I believe Mosley is going to prove he is the better fighter. De La Hoya was not able to do this when he fought Mayweather.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's how I look at it, Mosley's age is determine by the result of the fight. If he wins he still has it, if he loses he's old.

That way I can't be wrong.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this fight is like waiting for christmas, really really really cant wait for this one

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley is 39. 39 is old.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

I have to say I agree.

39 is definitely old for a fighter. That of course doesn't mean they can't turn in great performances, but it definitely is an age where you're going to be past your best.

but Al, did say, that he's choosing an old, past his best, Mosley to win the fight, which is fine. But that is stating, clearly, that he's acknowledging the age gap, and looking past it.. therefore if he says 'mayweather beat an old declining mosley, big deal!' after the fight, then it's a near non-credible opinion.

it's not like there is some unforeseen handicap that mosley will all of a sudden develop on fight night.. like the flu, or an injury.. it's already determined that he's the older fighter, and that he is past his prime, and that Al or anyone else who chooses him to win understands this and can't make excuses.

easy enough.
    Finally someone understands my post , unlike majesty the idiot.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information