Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I hope people wont say "O mosley was old"

Going in and based on what we know absolutely Floyd should get credit and no excuses made.Of course thats setting yourself for a Pratt fall in this sport....lets see the fight free of shitty scoring,half azz refing and how the fighters fight before we hand out gold stickers and scrutiny if its due.Mosley credentials at welter although long in the tooth are substantiated and fact,more so than Mayweather can state.

The biggest shame to me is that Mosley is almost made to sound a reluctant second option type fighter.The man is a hall of famer,one of the best of out era and certainly no default walk on simply because Manny and Mayweather couldn't stop the 'mines bigger than yours' ego filled diva bs to give the fans what they want.I think hes credible to match either one and will more than hold his own if not pull off a 'W' vs Mayweather.Personally and stylistically I'd take a Manny vs. Mosley scrap.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For the record im picking this older version of Mosley to win , but im not going to use that as an excuse if he loses , but you would have to be a fool to think Shane wasnt a better fighter 7 years ago.
    I am looking forward to this fight soooooooo much.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah. I think Floyd has always been better than Mosley. His timing of his shots IMO is the best i've ever seen and that is one thing that will always beat speed (if Mosley is faster than Floyd which i'm not sure of).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Better off starting a mosley excuse thread now. Mayweather will beat him easy everyone will bitch, pac will fight mosley after and it will be called the greatest fight in history. Sadly that's the way it goes. Oscar was the "floyd killer" before the fight and this and that after. Pac beats a smaller more drained version and the crowd cheers. Floyd ko's hatton and all of sudden it doesn't mean much cause he ducked this guy and that guy, pac does the same the crowd cheers again. Both guys are great fighters but people want floyd to loose so bad that one guy get's credit and the other one doesn't. Mayweather could beat mosley at 9am suit up and beat haye at 12 and by the time 4pm came around everyone would forget both and already be talking about the next guy in line that won't beat mayweather either.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    Better off starting a mosley excuse thread now. Mayweather will beat him easy everyone will bitch, pac will fight mosley after and it will be called the greatest fight in history. Sadly that's the way it goes. Oscar was the "floyd killer" before the fight and this and that after. Pac beats a smaller more drained version and the crowd cheers. Floyd ko's hatton and all of sudden it doesn't mean much cause he ducked this guy and that guy, pac does the same the crowd cheers again. Both guys are great fighters but people want floyd to loose so bad that one guy get's credit and the other one doesn't. Mayweather could beat mosley at 9am suit up and beat haye at 12 and by the time 4pm came around everyone would forget both and already be talking about the next guy in line that won't beat mayweather either.
    That's "Pretty Propaganda", Floyd gets all the credit he deserves period. Manny gets more credit because it didn't take him as long to fight guys that floyd should have already faced. Manny moved right up, and fought oscar, hatton, cotto, clottey....

Floyd moved up and fought, Judah, Baldomir, oscar , Hatton,..

Yeah floyd beat oscar and Hatton, but everyone that knows anything said before floyd even fought hatton, that he didnt carry the weight well at 147 it was very clear during the collazo fight. They both should get the same amount of credit for fighting a washed up oscar. Either way 147-154. ODLH WAS DONE and only cashing checks. Which leaves Cotto and clottey vs Judah and Balodmir... Now seriously which road was the easiest?
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather View Post
    That's "Pretty Propaganda", Floyd gets all the credit he deserves period. Manny gets more credit because it didn't take him as long to fight guys that floyd should have already faced. Manny moved right up, and fought oscar, hatton, cotto, clottey....

Yeah floyd beat oscar and Hatton, but everyone that knows anything said before floyd even fought hatton, that he didnt carry the weight well at 147 it was very clear during the collazo fight. They both should get the same amount of credit for fighting a washed up oscar. Either way 147-154. ODLH WAS DONE and only cashing checks. Which leaves Cotto and clottey vs Judah and Balodmir... Now seriously which road was the easiest?
    This is like the abortion argument... It will never be resolved.

PS. The crowd will cheer loudest when and if Floyd is ever knocked completely unconsious... Which the sad truth may be we'll never see it.

Sad, really.
    Last edited by PRIDE OF BOSTON; 04-15-2010 at 05:07 PM.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post

PS. The crowd will cheer loudest when and if Floyd is ever knocked completely unconsious... Which the sad truth may be we'll never see it.

Say, really.
    You're right...but its what they all go through..but floyd would possibly be a much better fighter if he lost the fear of losing his "0"...

This fight is so great for me...been calling for it for long time...

Like both guys..but Floyd has really gotten on my nerves lately with his inconsistenet statements so he seems like a total puppet...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post

Say, really.
    You're right...but its what they all go through..but floyd would possibly be a much better fighter if he lost the fear of losing his "0"...

This fight is so great for me...been calling for it for long time...

Like both guys..but Floyd has really gotten on my nerves lately with his inconsistenet statements so he seems like a total puppet...
    I've given up all career biases towards Floyd. Although I think he's a complete dick head, I think he's is one of the best fighters of our time regardless of who he may or may not have fought.

I absolutely HATE Mayweather's character and the way that whenever he's even doing something good he's always looking for the camera unlike a guy like Vernon Forrest... But it's crazy the way some have they notions that he's a fabrication due to hand picking... Sure, he picks opponants but most times it's what the fans want to see and he's screwed either way cuz once he wins it's because of this and that.

It's clear that Floyd likes to play head games like with the weight in the Marquez fight and the drug testing in the Mosley fight but honestly... It's part of the sport. Boxing is one of the most mental sports out there and Floyd plays that aspect as perfectly as he boxes.

It won't surprise me if he retires undefeated.

I was a long time Floyd hater and I still dislike him but you gotta respect him... and to be honest I got sick of saying the words, "well, if anyone can knock him out it's him..." about all of Mayweathers opponants in the hopes it would happen. It's exhaustin being wrong all the time.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Thread Information