Thread: Did Pavlik want to give it up?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Did Pavlik want to give it up?

You know, early on Jack Lowe said something to him about not saying that, maybe 3 0r 4, and then something at the end of the ninth, and I really thought he looked to be really short of confidence, but at the end of the fight he seemed ok man, or putting on a good interview anyways. I just thought it was too much movement and too much speed. Martinez doesn't have a whole lot of variety, but what he does have he does well.....

On a side note, I think Williams will beat Martinez handily second time round. Martinez, after watching him again just doesn't have hardly any variety, jab, right hook and straight left. I fancy Williams to figure that better second time round. Even Pavlik and his team might figure that better second time round if they go for a rematch...
    Last edited by TheMacMagician; 04-22-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Pavlik carrys on he needs to drop that chump Loew utter shite trainer.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik was very gracious after the fight and freely admitted he had been taken apart by the better man. He showed real class and may have won over some fans in losing. The thing is, however, that I believe I heard him say something between rounds that implied he was thinking of quiting. I hope not because if quit is in his DNA, he is in for some bad times. I don't see a rematch here--I see him moving up to Supermiddleweight where he has a decent shot of beating a few out there like Abraham and The Dane based on styles making fights, but he had better stay away from the likes of Ward, Dirrell, and especially Bute. He now needs to make serious decisons about his future. One more loss, and he is in dire straits career-wise. First thing I would do is get rid of my cut man. Second thing I'd do is work on my stance and ability to counter punch. Bottomline: Kelly Pavlik is no longer the next big thing in boxing. He still could be, but after Lockett, Old man Hopkins, Rubio, the terribly mismatched Espino, and now this loss to a super fighter whose uinusual style was no big secret coming in, Pavlik is badly in need of life support. That is all.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

El Kabong Guest

I think Kelly Pavlik could learn a lot from a better trainer.....but breaking it off with Loew right now what with his wife having died not long ago....that would suck, but to continue on Kelly is going to have to fix some things with or without Loew.

Kelly has to box better, utilize height and reach, and not rely 100% on KO power.

Just imagine if Kelly fought a counter puncher with big time power.....he'd get demolished! He has to prepare for that very scenario and it's best to prepare for it right now because it'll be too late when he's KO'd.

The way Pavlik has fought above 160 has me thinking these guys would definently beat him: Abraham, Bute, Dirrell, Ward, Froch, and maybe Kessler depending on how he looks with a new trainer.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 04-19-2010 at 09:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I turned the volume you can catch the tail end of him saying "f**king see s**t" I am inclined to believe he said " I can't f**king see s**t". All Jack Loew had in response for thrirty seconds was "Don't f**king say that"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Jack Lowe told him, "not to say that" becuase if a doctor overhears a fighter saying he can't see, he (the doctor) can stop the fight.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good question.

I'd forgotten all about it until I opened the thread. Wanting to quit or saying he had nothing left are the only things that make sense, right?

Thread Information