Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: After last nights fight does anyone doubt Bute and Ward are the best SMWTS in the wor

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default After last nights fight does anyone doubt Bute and Ward are the best SMWTS in the wor

IMO after last nights fight Bute beats Froch and Kessler....I pick him over Green, I pick him over AA.....Dirrell will give him troubles because of speed but Bute is fast enough to give Dirrell a run for the money and he is better all around...Plus nhe is a better finisher and harder hitter for sure...

Ward depending on his next performance (I like him and think he has the goods but still not sure if it was all him or was it part Mikkel on the slide) if good as the Kessler fight would be the best opp and most troublesome for Bute

any opps?

ICB Guest

Default Re: After last nights fight does anyone doubt Bute and Ward are the best SMWTS in the

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    IMO after last nights fight Bute beats Froch and Kessler....I pick him over Green, I pick him over AA.....Dirrell will give him troubles because of speed but Bute is fast enough to give Dirrell a run for the money and he is better all around...Plus nhe is a better finisher and harder hitter for sure...

Ward depending on his next performance (I like him and think he has the goods but still not sure if it was all him or was it part Mikkel on the slide) if good as the Kessler fight would be the best opp and most troublesome for Bute

any opps?
    Bro i've been rating Lucian Bute before he even won a title, i can show you a thread from way back in 2007. He's impressed me since quite early on.

Beating tough fighters like Sakio Bika easier than anyone else, including Joe Calzaghe.

He's also stopped 3 fighters who had never been stopped before. Librado Andrade, Kabary Salem, Fulengico Zuniga = He was stopped on cuts, not legitmately Ko'ed.

And he's been a world champion for 3 years now, and has dominated pretty much anyone. And he has an exciting style, i have no idea why people hate on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: After last nights fight does anyone doubt Bute and Ward are the best SMWTS in the

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post

any opps?
    Bro i've been rating Lucian Bute before he even won a title, i can show you a thread from way back in 2007. He's impressed me since quite early on.

Beating tough fighters like Sakio Bika easier than anyone else, including Joe Calzaghe.

He's also stopped 3 fighters who had never been stopped before. Librado Andrade, Kabary Salem, Fulengico Zuniga = He was stopped on cuts, not legitmately Ko'ed.

And he's been a world champion for 3 years now, and has dominated pretty much anyone. And he has an exciting style, i have no idea why people hate on him.
    Yeah I have been singing his praises a while myself...I am one of the few who say nhe should have gotten a KO loss to Andrade but I also think he was not prepared for a guy who took punches so well and was caught off guard...

Agree on the part where he takes guys out in an exciting fashion...I mean c'mon man he KO'd Andrade...I know Librado is second tier but certainly not due to lack of skill but Speed is his biggest enemy...Librado has the best chin I have seen in years....

Bute is going to rule the Division by end of next year...He is on many P4P list now and I am guessing will make Ring's by years end

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Abraham would do to bute what andrade did but earlier -
    Froch id say 55-45 in frochs favour
    dirrell i think would win
    kessler again a UD

i dont rate Bute however his wins over miranda and andrade 2 were impressive, hes fought the best available during this super six. Im guessing he will fight the winner and then we will see..

btw i think Taylor would beat Bute as well but also is nobody shocked taylor quit when he would have fought Ward whos not a concussive puncher, and it would be a fight imo taylor could win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by oakleyno1 View Post
    Abraham would do to bute what andrade did but earlier -
    Froch id say 55-45 in frochs favour
    dirrell i think would win
    kessler again a UD

i dont rate Bute however his wins over miranda and andrade 2 were impressive, hes fought the best available during this super six. Im guessing he will fight the winner and then we will see..

btw i think Taylor would beat Bute as well but also is nobody shocked taylor quit when he would have fought Ward whos not a concussive puncher, and it would be a fight imo taylor could win
    That was for health reasons in truth,,,,DiBella kind of nudged him on it and really wanted him to take a break and make sure he is Ok...He suffered 2 tough back to back KO losses...

I am guessing by the Picking Kessler to win a UD comment alone you are not really either one who has seen a lot of Bute or for some reason are judging by the fact he is not in the S6.....

He hits harder then Froch...

He has a higher KO ratio then anyone in the Tournament

He is faster the Froch, Kessler and AA by far...

He has a great chin...his only real damaging fight was the first Andrade fight and lets face it Andrade (then and maybe now can't judge till we see how he handles to KO loss mentally) is hell for anyone even if just the fact he can absorb so much punsihment....

He has great footwork and ring generalship...He hits at all angles not to mention the fact he is a fantastic finisher....

Why did you leave Ward out of the reply?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWEhCEUJAL8 Look at the hand speed....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree with the top post. My takeaway from Kessler/Froch was that Kessler and Froch are without a doubt the worst 2 fighters in the tournament (excluding Allan Green -- don't know where to put him yet). That was the sloppiest, most amateurish fight I've seen at a supposedly elite level in a long time. So many sequences where both guys were throwing flurries of wild arm punches and missing by a mile across the board. Ugly.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

shza welcome back man it's been a while.

Froch surprisingly did better then I thought he did for the first 5 rounds I was able to watch. I guess my input doesn't mean much but I think Ward and Bute are definitely the division's hottest fighters and probably the best. I think Abraham has a shot at beating everyone because he can KO anyone and turn a round around faster then anyone in the division is capable of.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know I'm a lone voice on here now pretty much but Bute is getting sparked the first time he faces a legit challenge.

Froch, Ward, Abraham and Dirrell all beat him, maybe Kessler too.

Just wait and see...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    I know I'm a lone voice on here now pretty much but Bute is getting sparked the first time he faces a legit challenge.

Froch, Ward, Abraham and Dirrell all beat him, maybe Kessler too.

Just wait and see...

your not alone, just swarmed with crazys who think the boxing world begins and ends in north america

The 2 best super middleweights in world boxing fought saturday night and that will eventually go on to be the super 6 final pending sauerland and showtime trying to screw froch out of his rightful place as the best 168pounder in the world

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kessler's slipped IMO physically, even though he did perform better against Froch. Very difficult to gauge a fighter like Ward off one performance, I'm not personally willing to crown him yet and wouldnt be surprised if Green gave him a tough fight or even win. That said if he does come through the comp unbeaten then there's no doubt then.

I think Bute would've done well in the tourney, doubt he'd go through it undefeated though, doubt anyone would in such an evenly matched event where all fights have been won on home soil.

Anyone know the locations of the semi's and final? guessin semis might be home of the highest seeded fighter right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One thing is for sure that if Froch was quoted correct in the later rounds talking about how much the body shots were killing him then Bute would have a field day and probably stop Froch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post
    One thing is for sure that if Froch was quoted correct in the later rounds talking about how much the body shots were killing him then Bute would have a field day and probably stop Froch.

The fight shouldnt of gone ahead, froch was unwell before and shouldnt of been allowed to fight. But being the brave warrior that he is he carried on and won a unanimous decision

fair play to him

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHomo View Post

The fight shouldnt of gone ahead, froch was unwell before and shouldnt of been allowed to fight. But being the brave warrior that he is he carried on and won a unanimous decision

fair play to him
    What was his illness or ailment?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHomo View Post

fair play to him
    Froch is a brave fighter yes however he's done nothing but whinge and make excuses since Saturday so you can also class him as a poor loser.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bute is being overrated here.

Lets get things in perspective.. In the last two years he's beaten Andrade and Miranda.

Half the Super Six field have already beaten these two with pure ease. Kessler totally schooled Andrade without breaking sweat. Abraham blasted Miranda into next week and Ward wiped the floor with him.

Andrade virtually knocked Bute out. You can't get away from that. He may have won the rematch impressively but he scraped through first time by the skin of his teeth.

Another strong factor is, Bute has the benefit of home advantage in every fight. The Super Six has really highlighted just how hard it is away from home. How would he handle an Arthur Abraham onslaught in Germany? Dirrell's family spitting venom at him in Detroit? 5000 Nottingham hooligans booing him?

Bute is having an easy ride compared to the other top supermiddles. Lets judge him when he steps up to top class
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information