Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ufc & Boxing

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post
    i hope mayorga and toney smash thomas and couture to bits when they meet, just to show whos king

Did you see the Mayorga - Thomas press conference? If not, it's definitely worth checking out, straight comedy.
    "The day I clipped the Butterfly's wings."

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's becoming more popular with the former chavs turned steroid users round my area now. They've opened up a MMA club full of the twats.

I actually don't mind UFC, but sometimes i shake my head to the skill level when it comes to the stand up game and throwing punches.

I watched Michael 'The C**t Bisping' circle into Dan Henderson's right hand for bout 10 minutes before getting levelled with it. At that point, i decided i could probably become a UFC champion within 12 months...if i didn't mind grappling with half naked sweaty men...which i do. I'm not Fantana.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Frazier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post
    i hope mayorga and toney smash thomas and couture to bits when they meet, just to show whos king

Did you see the Mayorga - Thomas press conference? If not, it's definitely worth checking out, straight comedy.
    Yeah I saw it mate it was hilarious, mayorga is comedy gold, if he's in half decent shape I expect him to smash Thomas up

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dana white alienated a lot of boxing fans with his constant boxing is dead bullshit. The funny thing is it would probably be accepted by boxing fans and have a larger fan base if that twat shut his fucking mouth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love both sports. MMA is young and growing and its not going anywhere. People who complain about the men on the ground in shorts must have never wrestled. Same thing. Only a pansy who isn't secure enough in his own manhood would be bothered by that, its part of the game. I grew up boxing and doing martial arts so I've been a fan of both for a long time. I really like MMA because it isn't one dimensional as boxing is. There are so many different things that can happen in a fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by piye View Post
    Dana white alienated a lot of boxing fans with his constant boxing is dead bullshit. The funny thing is it would probably be accepted by boxing fans and have a larger fan base if that twat shut his fucking mouth.

He spends his entire life justifying UFC and slagging off boxing attempting to make this rivalry which just isnt there

Boxing couldnt give 2 shits about UFC/MMA/WWE etc. They are mainly watched by fratboys, students and martial arts fans

I dont mind UFC as a sport, if you wanna go see 2 naked men wrestle eachother in lycra thats your thing and im all for equal rights. But stop with the endless boxing vs martial arts nonsense because it really doesnt exist
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by piye View Post

He spends his entire life justifying UFC and slagging off boxing attempting to make this rivalry which just isnt there

Boxing couldnt give 2 shits about UFC/MMA/WWE etc. They are mainly watched by fratboys, students and martial arts fans

I dont mind UFC as a sport, if you wanna go see 2 naked men wrestle eachother in lycra thats your thing and im all for equal rights. But stop with the endless boxing vs martial arts nonsense because it really doesnt exist
    Yep its about as smart as comparing chess to checkers Same ring/board different games. (Boxing is the Chess btw).
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing guys talk the same shit even more than MMA guys talk about boxing. Just listen to Arum in all his interviews he has some crap to say about MMA Mayweather is the same way. Boxing people act like MMA guys are the only ones talking shit about the other sport but it goes both ways. The world is big enough for both sports to exist so I don't see why there is always a boxing/mma debate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly I am a boxing fan but also a fight fan. So if im sitting at home on a sunday and bored shitless and there is a UFC PPV on I will buy it. I prefer boxing but if its not on I will watch basically any type of fighting.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Re: Ufc & Boxing

Quote Originally Posted by Caine3078 View Post
    I love both sports. MMA is young and growing and its not going anywhere. People who complain about the men on the ground in shorts must have never wrestled. Same thing. Only a pansy who isn't secure enough in his own manhood would be bothered by that, its part of the game. I grew up boxing and doing martial arts so I've been a fan of both for a long time. I really like MMA because it isn't one dimensional as boxing is. There are so many different things that can happen in a fight.
    You got me bro. The reason why I'm bothered by watching sweaty men with guts roll around on the floor trying to mount each other is because I'm a pansy and insecure in my own manhood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think boxing should give 2 shits abt UFC & follow some of what they have done! eg sell out everywhere it goes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just read on another thread here that dana white is trying to get james toney to fight randy couture. come on this is how u run a sport. gonna be loadsa interest in that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never watched it or ever felt the need to watch it. Barely gets any coverage in the UK all barring the odd 2am eurosport showing.

Cant imagine its one of those things that`ll ever grow on me. Everybody i know knows of only football and boxing
    all main events on espn & some older events on on fiver including the ultimate fighter series, not that u would give a fk ha ha

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For me I'll watch MMA, but I have no desire to follow it. As a matter of fact I've watched it a few times and not even noticed it was a replay cause I have no idea who the guys are. Boxing is my sport of choice to follow and I make it a point to see all the fights, know who's who and have strong opinions about what's going on. The point about Dana White being a cock to boxing's integrity is a good one, but the man has made some good business decisions in promoting his organization and that aspect I can respect.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

El Kabong Guest

I agree Killer.....although I casually follow what happens with a few fighters who dont act like tools.

I kind of wish Boxing had UFC's marketing skills but that's a double edged sword as UFC has attracted a bunch of tools along with decent fans.

Thread Information