Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ufc & Boxing

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu apprentice View Post
    I agree Killer.....although I casually follow what happens with a few fighters who dont act like tools.

I kind of wish Boxing had UFC's marketing skills but that's a double edged sword as UFC has attracted a bunch of tools along with decent fans.
    yeah the crowds look like real tossers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

after watching ufc 116 i gotta say that they put on a bloody good fight card, we all know that a big fights nowadays have no decent undercards anymore

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    after watching ufc 116 i gotta say that they put on a bloody good fight card, we all know that a big fights nowadays have no decent undercards anymore
    To be fair mate that card on paper wasnt one of the best, but in most cases they tend to be the cards with the best action.

In regards to the style or the way MMA fighters throw punches, it's slightly unfair to compare due to the distance of the fighters. Ya will tend to see MMA fighters stretching the punches which makes them look amaturish. Boxers cannot kick therefor they can get alot closer to the opponent making the shot look more profesional. If you stand there trying to throw boxing style punches and im trying to just kick you, then invariably i will land more shots due to distance covered with the respective shots.

Albeit George Sotoropoulis did show good boxing in his match using the jab and hooks very effectively as did Chris Lytle who was a former pro boxer with a record of 13-1-1
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i llove the ufc, but there is a certain skilset that you require to be the best at boxing, you can be a pussy and compete and even become champ in the ufc, u cant be a pussy and make it in boxing. I respect ufc fighters but try having football players and ex pro wrestlers compete in boxing.....it just wont happen, boxing is much more of a science.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer4life View Post
    i llove the ufc, but there is a certain skilset that you require to be the best at boxing, you can be a pussy and compete and even become champ in the ufc, u cant be a pussy and make it in boxing. I respect ufc fighters but try having football players and ex pro wrestlers compete in boxing.....it just wont happen, boxing is much more of a science.
    i dont know if i can agree with u that some ufc fighters are pussys? i mean i can think of many shamefull boxers that can be classed as cowards (henry akinwande, vince nardiella come to mind). but the name gives it away 'ultimate fightin'. ufc is giving alot more value for money, i mean £15 for a fkin box office fight is rediculous with no undercard basically.

i always go on abt this but remember benn v collins, bingham vs winky wright, plus naz then flippin over to watch tyson v bruno, michael moorer vs botha, all that for £15 was value for money!

Thread Information