Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haye would rather fight Vitali than Wlad right now.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Haye would rather fight Vitali than Wlad right now.

Adam Booth: David Haye Wants To Fight Vitali Klitschko - Boxing News

Just read this and I think Haye has watched Vitali's last fight and come to the same conclusion I did, Vitali is on the slide. He is bound to look great vs Sosnowski but lets face it, them two shouldn't even be allowed in the same arena. Wlad on the other hand is peaking around about now and Haye has never fought anyone of that size (other than Valuev who is basically just too slow and predictable) and being new to the division I think he wants to take on Vitali, get experience against someone of similar size and strength to Wlad, hopefully win and look good doing it, let Wlad and Povetkin fight it out and then take on the winner.

The thing is Vitali outside serious boxing fans IS considered the better of the 2 due to his Lennox Lewis fight and then beating up Sanders after he had beaten Wlad and that would make it look great for Haye that he is going for the other (more dangerous) brother but I really think that Vitali may be on the slide now and ready for the taking by someone who is fast and powerful like Haye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haye would rather fight Vitali than Wlad right now.

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    Adam Booth: David Haye Wants To Fight Vitali Klitschko - Boxing News

Just read this and I think Haye has watched Vitali's last fight and come to the same conclusion I did, Vitali is on the slide. He is bound to look great vs Sosnowski but lets face it, them two shouldn't even be allowed in the same arena. Wlad on the other hand is peaking around about now and Haye has never fought anyone of that size (other than Valuev who is basically just too slow and predictable) and being new to the division I think he wants to take on Vitali, get experience against someone of similar size and strength to Wlad, hopefully win and look good doing it, let Wlad and Povetkin fight it out and then take on the winner.

The thing is Vitali outside serious boxing fans IS considered the better of the 2 due to his Lennox Lewis fight and then beating up Sanders after he had beaten Wlad and that would make it look great for Haye that he is going for the other (more dangerous) brother but I really think that Vitali may be on the slide now and ready for the taking by someone who is fast and powerful like Haye.
    Mate your a good poster, but don't try and polish it up, Haye is a shit house plain and simple, Wlad is the number 1 and holds the ring belt everyone knows he is number one but Haye again is backing out of a fight with him, Vitali has a a fight in a couple of weeks Wlad is free, but they no Wlad will knock Haye into next week, not really suprised they dont want anything to do with Wlad. But Haye needs his mouth shut for good.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bit Harsh there Skel - you may not like Haye but RJJ mere stating his opinion on Haye and the Klits.

Personally I hope Haye goes for Wlad first because he can KO him (though I would make Wlad the favourite).
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

don't be shocked if Haye ends up taking on Jameel McCline

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Bit Harsh there Skel - you may not like Haye but RJJ mere stating his opinion on Haye and the Klits.

Personally I hope Haye goes for Wlad first because he can KO him (though I would make Wlad the favourite).
    Maybe so but it just seems quite handy that they want Vitali when he is tied up but Wlad is free to fight and they find yet another excuse, am with Morales expect a barn burner of a fight on Pay Per view either against McCline or Ray Mercer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

YouTube - Haye and Klitschko head-to-head!

Haye just chats to much shite.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Big Haye fan but he should just fight Wlad after all the shit that's gone on.

El Kabong Guest

I'm not surprised that he'd rather fight Vitali....to me Vitali looks old right now. Sure he's still big, still got a good chin, and still knocks guys out, but he doesn't sit down on his punches like he used to and I think neck/back/knee issues have sapped his power.

Wlad is on his "A-game" right now and NOBODY out there right now has much of a shot vs him. They either don't have the handspeed, the power, the heart, the chin, or the skill to bother him much less beat him. If Tony Thompson had KO power he'd be a legit threat but he doesn't have KO power. I don't favor the Brit to give Wlad ANY trouble the fight will go like this: Wlad uses the jab, the WBA title holder swings wildly and tries to rough house Wlad, Wlad lands a powerful right cross knocking the WBA title holder down and from then on out it'll look like anyone else vs Wlad where they keep looking for an opening while eating the 1-2 and Wlad stops him late.....that is the way the fight will go and of that I am certain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vitali has a much more open defense so he can be hit with more ease, sounds like a good choice to me.
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lyle why is it so hard for you to say Haye? Has he really bothered you that much? It's not like you have to call him 'the champ' or anything but going out fo your way to always not to say his name is a nice way to show us that you care enough to be bothered.

I think even at this stage Vitali is much stronger than Haye, but is starting to luck the athletisism to make that strength count, like has been said it's no wonder that he'd want Vitali... personally I wish he'd just fight Wlad and get it over with.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has the choice between a relatively fast k.o against somebody he might have the lucky punch chance or a wall he definitely can't crack and that will probably break him down slowly and systematically. It all depends what you prefer in the end.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye will lose and get KOed to either Klit brother.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Haye stands a much better chance of beating Vitali, but he really needs to stop talking all the shit he does if he's just going to try and pick and choose his fights. You called out Wlad, the fight can be made, so fucking fight him before you lose what little credibility you have left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

you've got something in common with him then.

Style wise I think vitali is the easier oponant for Haye.

Still we'll know what's what by the end of this month when a fight with one of them is announced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

you've got something in common with him then.

Style wise I think vitali is the easier oponant for Haye.

Still we'll know what's what by the end of this month when a fight with one of them is announced.
    Thats rich from you Barry, by the end of the month? We have been waiting for nearly 12 months dont hold your breath, I see sky announcing a Haye v Audley fight before we see Haye v any Klit. Haye is a joke.

Thread Information