Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: The England football bid and why I fucking hate newspapers.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The England football bid and why I fucking hate newspapers.

So now Treisman has had to resign and our World Cup bid is possibly scuppered.

But why is nobody blaming the newspapers for this?

I mean this guy has a private conversation with a former aide, who secretly records it then takes it to the newspaper and THEY report it, to cash in on a story and fuck up our bid chances.

Seriously fuck them! Grrrrrr!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The England football bid and why I fucking hate newspapers.

No more than a dent in the track

The same people that uncovered this story are now claiming its all but ended our hopes of getting the world cup

Sensationalism my good man, come voting time FIFA will be looking out for much more important things than what happened to a senior FA member a few years ago
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post
    No more than a dent in the track

The same people that uncovered this story are now claiming its all but ended our hopes of getting the world cup

Sensationalism my good man, come voting time FIFA will be looking out for much more important things than what happened to a senior FA member a few years ago
    haha I know, so much for patriotism amongst our newspapers.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The do it all the time. They undercover stories about our star players just before the world cup and then wonder why we don't get past the quarter finals. This is no different.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What did he do exactly? Just made some allegations that some countries might have bribed referees?

I don't see the big deal in this one. I'm convinced that the Koreans had referees in their pockets in the 2002 World Cup.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The media are a bunch of cunts... they are partly responsible for the scope of the recession "PANIC RE SCION! DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY WITHDRAW EVERYTHING FROM THE BANKS! IT'S GOING TO BE THE WORST FINANCIAL DISASTER EVER! ANARCHY LOOMS!"

Scared half of the fucking country into doing just that and made sure that Northern Rock folded as catastrophically as possible. Every bastard is too scared to put money back into the economy and a lot of that is down to these twats.

over the following months all we here though is how it's all Gordon Brown's fault. Bunch of fucking scare mongers.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    The media are a bunch of cunts... they are partly responsible for the scope of the recession "PANIC RE SCION! DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY WITHDRAW EVERYTHING FROM THE BANKS! IT'S GOING TO BE THE WORST FINANCIAL DISASTER EVER! ANARCHY LOOMS!"

Scared half of the fucking country into doing just that and made sure that Northern Rock folded as catastrophically as possible. Every bastard is too scared to put money back into the economy and a lot of that is down to these twats.

over the following months all we here though is how it's all Gordon Brown's fault. Bunch of fucking scare mongers.
    Well, to be fair Brown was chancellor and prime minister during a period in which the financial markets continued to be deregulated and who followed the whims of the financial players. And wasn't he the very man that promised that "the days of boom and bust were over"?. Too damn right that Brown should take his share of the responsibility for all that. All these austerity measure are not going to be pretty and as ever the working man pays for something he never did. The media sucks, but in this instance they were right to attack him. He shouldn't have bailed out the banks either, I see they are back to giving themselves bonuses on a par with that prior to the crash whilst the rest of the economy continues to suffer, not from media scares, but the downright irresponsibility of absolving a huge sector from any worries about having any checks or balances placed upon them.

I know it's not really related to this thread, but Brown and the banks are all a bunch of class A cunts. They should all be in jail for what THEY did.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

Well, to be fair Brown was chancellor and prime minister during a period in which the financial markets continued to be deregulated and who followed the whims of the financial players. And wasn't he the very man that promised that "the days of boom and bust were over"?. Too damn right that Brown should take his share of the responsibility for all that. All these austerity measure are not going to be pretty and as ever the working man pays for something he never did. The media sucks, but in this instance they were right to attack him. He shouldn't have bailed out the banks either, I see they are back to giving themselves bonuses on a par with that prior to the crash whilst the rest of the economy continues to suffer, not from media scares, but the downright irresponsibility of absolving a huge sector from any worries about having any checks or balances placed upon them.

I know it's not really related to this thread, but Brown and the banks are all a bunch of class A cunts. They should all be in jail for what THEY did.
    It's weird though. I only ever see people getting mad at immigrants and spongers, but i never hear anybody moaning about the bankers which have cost people thousands and thousands of jobs and cost the Government absolute millions.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

It's weird though. I only ever see people getting mad at immigrants and spongers, but i never hear anybody moaning about the bankers which have cost people thousands and thousands of jobs and cost the Government absolute millions.
    The bankers are the ones we should be very angry about. Immigrants and spongers have their place in certain ways, but compared to the bankers they are small grains of sand on a big sandy beach. The bankers are the ones who have my ire, they are the ones we bail out with money that we don't even have. And the general public are the ones that need to suffer for at least another generation because of it? This is something that really makes my blood boil and Brown had two years to implement something so that they wouldn't do it again and nothing. All you hear from the banks is "don't change anything. You will drive away the talen'". Talent? These people are criminals. They need to be manacled and clamped down, because it will happen again. They are up to the same old tricks and now playing games with food markets, so that those in poor countries can be denied their bowls of rice when the markets start to bubble again.

Actually, I don't want to derail this thread too much with this as that's not fair to the OP. But yes, the bankers and the politicians who allowed them to do what they wanted are very much to blame.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not denying that mate... I just find it Ironic that the media get on their high horse and ride it for all that it's worth - they love this shit... yet they fail to either recognize or acknowledge the part that there their scare mongering has played.

Doesn't matter whether it's the goverment, the world cup bid, youth... anything... they will always find something to moan on about... mark my words all of the ones who backed the Conservatives will be whinging about them too before you know it.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not denying that mate... I just find it Ironic that the media get on their high horse and ride it for all that it's worth - they love this shit... yet they fail to either recognize or acknowledge the part that there their scare mongering has played.

Doesn't matter whether it's the goverment, the world cup bid, youth... anything... they will always find something to moan on about... mark my words all of the ones who backed the Conservatives will be whinging about them too before you know it.
    Yeah, I kind of knew where you were coming from, but with Brown fresh in my mind I didn't like the idea that it was all a media creation in this instance. No, I agree with you, particularly in regard to the lower quality papers. "We have gone undercover and exposed 'A' for something or other that doesn't really matter, but we will present it to you as news and tell you that it should matter...blah, blah, blah". It is pathetic and it's a shame that people buy into it. From what I have heard I really don't understand what the scandal actually is. I mean so what if someone thinks that officials might have been less than honest?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It all comes down to greed... They can make a couple thousand bucks easily out of something? They'll do it and the consequences are others problems, money erase one conscience so easily sometimes...
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate all the politics and corruption that goes on in organising these event, the same goes on with the Olympics.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The meida are a joke. 4 other papers turned this story down because of its potential implications, yet the Mail on Sunday decide to report it as news that people might actually care about. Does anybody care if the the FA Chairman said Spain might withdraw their 2018 bid if Russia helped them bribe referees at the WC? I know I don't. The only thing Triesman did wrong was trusting some slag who wanted to make a few quid.

I doubt this will affect the bid too much though. It might have pissed off a few other national FA's, particularly the Russian and Spanish ones who might not vote England's way. But like Hammer said, theres much more important things to consider then this little episode

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I agree 100% Adam. All they do is build people up so they can then tear them down and cash in on the scandalous stories that THEY create.

I don't even see how posing as fake investors, or fake sheik's, secretyl recording conversations etc is even legal. They are not the CIA or MI5 yet are not only allowed to impersonate other people, phone tap, follow people etc but can then report and publish their findings.

To me it's unbelievable. I think going undercover and trying to get John Higgins to take bribes is a criminal offence too. If it's a crime to prentend to accept a bribe, surely it's an even worse crime to pretend to offer it?

If I was in control of policing newspapers I would bring them to account for any news stories they uncovered through deceptive means.

So the Calzaghe cocaine scandal, imprison that douche who exposed him for impersonating somebody else.
    The whistle blowers on the Treisman scandal, imprison them illegal phonetapping and for subservise antipatriotec publications.

The world would be so much better if these great scandals and expose's weren't made all the time. Fuck the media, the tabloid press are the worst thing about the world in my opinion and probably do more to damage the world than Albanian prostitute smuggling gangs, drug deals, people traffickers and even terrorists.

Get rid of them and there would be no more global recession as, like you say they wouldn't be there to report and create blind panic.

I say again, fuck them all. Cunts.

Thread Information