Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: How do you see the outcome of Cotto/Foreman turning out?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Cotto VS Foreman POLL and discussion thread!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Cotto vs Foreman

How do people see this one going this weekend?

Can't see Miguel losing this tbh. Think he is gonna be too busy and too quick for Yuri and can't see Yuri stopping him.

Bob Arum has also said that if Cotto wins, he could face Manny for the WBA Light Middleweight belt (which Miguel will have) in November. Not a fight I want to see tbh.

Cotto TKO 9/10 for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Official Cotto VS Foreman POLL and discussion thread!

So this weekend we have the debut of Miguel Angel Cotto in the 154 ranks. Yuri Foreman, though does not have the most impressive resume is a very talented boxer. It's been said that he has more power than his record shows...

Cotto has always been a skilled boxer and had devestating power at both 140 and 147 but can he carry what speed he had and his power up like he did when he left Jr Welter?

Can Foreman do enough in the way of boxing to keep Miguel off him and outbox Cotto?

These are questions that will be answered Saturday.

...But until then, how do you have it?

I'll take Cotto by split... Foreman is a quite decent boxer and we haven't seen Cotto at 54... I bet Cotto boxes just well enough to win a decent split.

Last edited by PRIDE OF BOSTON; 06-02-2010 at 02:37 PM.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Official Cotto VS Foreman POLL and discussion thread!

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post
    So this weekend we have the debut of Miguel Angel Cotto in the 154 ranks. Yuri Foreman, though does not have the most impressive resume is a very talented boxer. It's been said that he has more power than his record shows...

Cotto has always been a skilled boxer and had devestating power at both 140 and 147 but can he carry what speed he had and his power up like he did when he left Jr Welter?

Can Foreman do enough in the way of boxing to keep Miguel off him and outbox Cotto?

These are questions that will be answered Saturday.

...But until then, how do you have it?

I'll take Cotto by split... Foreman is a quite decent boxer and we haven't seen Cotto at 54... I bet Cotto boxes just well enough to win a decent split.

I didnt know Cotto was that old Mike
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto vs Foreman

Quote Originally Posted by koppas View Post
    How do people see this one going this weekend?

Can't see Miguel losing this tbh. Think he is gonna be too busy and too quick for Yuri and can't see Yuri stopping him.

Bob Arum has also said that if Cotto wins, he could face Manny for the WBA Light Middleweight belt (which Miguel will have) in November. Not a fight I want to see tbh.

Cotto TKO 9/10 for me.
    Cotto isn't any faster than Foreman. Actually, I would say the opposite. Foreman has good ring generalship. Foreman's nickname is "Yuri Boreman" for a reason. He wins rounds by moving in and out and not engaging. The only real time he deviated a little bit from this was in his last fight where he dominated Daniel Santos putting him on the mat twice. I can easily see how with a four inch height and reach advantage he could do that once again on Saturday. Cotto, though, probably is just a better boxer all around. It comes down to how much Cotto has in the tank. He's also got Emmanual Stewart training him, which could be a good thing. Shouldn't be the best fight, but in my opinion on paper, it's a pick em' fight. Cotto could knock him out and Foreman could dominate to a decision win. Either result wouldn't be surprising.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 06-02-2010 at 09:20 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto vs Foreman

Depends what Cotto turns up. Not having to make 147 will help him but Foreman is a bigger guy. I think Cotto even at this point brings a hell of a lot more than Santos did though. Cotto UD.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only real question in this fight is how much does Cotto have left? If he's anywhere near the fighter he used to be, he'll beat Foreman. However, he's obviously past his prime and is coming off a pretty savage beating at the hands of Pacquiao. I think Foreman will give him trouble at times, but I think Cotto's skill and experience will see him through. Cotto by close UD or MD/SD, probably a disputed one. I wouldn't be that surprised to see Foreman win though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    The only real question in this fight is how much does Cotto have left? If he's anywhere near the fighter he used to be, he'll beat Foreman. However, he's obviously past his prime and is coming off a pretty savage beating at the hands of Pacquiao. I think Foreman will give him trouble at times, but I think Cotto's skill and experience will see him through. Cotto by close UD or MD/SD, probably a disputed one. I wouldn't be that surprised to see Foreman win though.
    Yup, that's pretty much how I see it. I'd like to see Cotto lay a beaten on Foreman... Not because I dislike Foreman but when Cotto gets into a rythm and starts landing he's really fun to watch. I hope he brings his pop up with him and gets to Foreman's body. He can throw some damaging hooks to the body. Cotto will be the much smaller man but with Cotto not fighting to make weight and Foreman having a lowly KO% I see his punch resistance being where it should be. Cotto's always been able to box when he has to and do it well.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Foreman has G-d in his corner. He survived the Russians, a boxing gym full of Palestinians, and an many pages of Talmud study. Cotto will be smote by Yuri's hand!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

as much as i'm a huge fan of miguel cotto, it pains me to say that i think he isn't the same fighter before the margarito fight and i think he gets beat by yuri foreman pretty handily this coming saturday night. yuri foreman is an exceptional boxer and he's going to have a huge height, reach and speed advantage over cotto. the only way cotto can win imo, is by knockout and even then, it's going to be interesting if he can bring his power up to jr. middleweight. while i think the judges are going to make this a closer than it looks fight, i think foreman wins this one handily!

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto looks lean and mean and Foreman is not a big puncher so Cotto wins by decision.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Foreman isn't the most exciting guy but he is a very good effective boxer. I also agree he has more power than his record suggests, but he's pretty conservative and would rather just win rounds. I think he wins this by a rather comfortable UD.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Foreman will win, most likely by a close unanimous or split decision, but I've gone for the Foreman KO option because no one else will and if he does I can act like I'm some kind of boxing guru seeing things the rest of you don't. Which mark my words I will do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    I think Foreman will win, most likely by a close unanimous or split decision, but I've gone for the Foreman KO option because no one else will and if he does I can act like I'm some kind of boxing guru seeing things the rest of you don't. Which mark my words I will do
    Mark my words, you won't have a chance
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this calls for a sig bet POB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this calls for a sig bet POB
    In fact I think it does if you're betting. You're not actually going to bet me that that beast of a puncher even at jr middle is going to KO Cotto, are you?
    Hidden Content

Thread Information