Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Dana White is Unloyal and has a big ego

Thats what Gary Shaw claims. He thinks Dana's ego got in the way of cutting kimbo. I think I have to agree. Kimbo should of been given one more fight, because he was doing ok in that first round with mitrone. I do disagree on how the UFC cuts fighters so quickly though, but on the other hand, they have a huge stable of fighters so I guess they can cut whoever they want...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dana White is Unloyal and has a big ego

Cause he would build up kimbo because he doesn't have the stars the UFC have, they dont need some street fighting bum on there cards if he cant pull out a win over a mediocre at best fighter! Its better that the UFC didnt build him up to be something he isnt like most other organizations would.
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kimbo's a joke and needed to be cut. After looking terrible in outpointing Alexander then getting TKO'd off an average Mitrione, who else could he have realistically fought? There was no sense in keeping him. He's had a go at being an MMA fighter before and failed, he doesn't deserve another chance IMO. That fight with Mitrione was just pathetic, gassed after a round and pretty much quit. I wouldn't want to see him in any more fights inside the cage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kimbo pretty much should never have been hired to begin with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i never understood why he had such a big following? but if i was white i wouldnt of cut him would of given him a couple more fights

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing with Kimbo was that he had a following though. I have to say I prefer Shaw's approach of matching fighters with the right opponents.

Guys like J C Chavez Jr, John Duddy, Mickey Ward, would never be successful in boxing if it was run like MMA becuase they would just be put in against guys who would destroy them.

There a lot of fighters in the UFC that fight a lot but have literally zero appeal, in fact I can never even tell them apart they are just names to me.

Guys like Matt Hamil, Alan Belcher, Spider Grove, Marcus Davies have a ton of fights, are never going to be close to the top of the pile, have virtually no crowd appeal yet always get fights.

Kimbo would probably end up with a losing record over time, but he's a crowd pleaser and good undercard filler, much like Tank Abbott was.

Kimbo's fight against Roy Nelson gave the Ultimate Fighter show by far their highest ratings ever and he's a recognisable name to have on a fight card. He should get another chance.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    The thing with Kimbo was that he had a following though. I have to say I prefer Shaw's approach of matching fighters with the right opponents.

Guys like J C Chavez Jr, John Duddy, Mickey Ward, would never be successful in boxing if it was run like MMA becuase they would just be put in against guys who would destroy them.

There a lot of fighters in the UFC that fight a lot but have literally zero appeal, in fact I can never even tell them apart they are just names to me.

Guys like Matt Hamil, Alan Belcher, Spider Grove, Marcus Davies have a ton of fights, are never going to be close to the top of the pile, have virtually no crowd appeal yet always get fights.

Kimbo would probably end up with a losing record over time, but he's a crowd pleaser and good undercard filler, much like Tank Abbott was.

Kimbo's fight against Roy Nelson gave the Ultimate Fighter show by far their highest ratings ever and he's a recognisable name to have on a fight card. He should get another chance.
    There stepping stone fighters they are there for up and comers to beat and get into the ranks. The difference between them and Kimbo is they fought there way into the the company and won in the UFC. And for Tank he was a crowed pleaser but he would never be in the present UFC maybe if Kimbo was fighting in the early stages of the company he would stay in but not know to many elites in the division they don't need one dimensional fighters.
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

I'm sorry Bilbo but all of those guys you named have crowd appeal.

Marcus "the Irish Hand Grenade" Davis is a definate fan favorite, Matt Hammill is deaf and an inspiration as well as a nice guy, Alan Belcher is well liked enuff and "Da Spider" Grove is a very disliked fighter so people tune in to see him get KO'd.

And unfortunately all of em are better fighters than Kimbo, MUCH better in fact.

Kimbo was and is entertaining to watch though, and I think he deserved one more fight with the UFC.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kimbo, Lesner so many undeserving people getting handed good fights just to sell pay per views. Dana wants the UFC to be the next WWF.

Thread Information