Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: James Toney Vs Randy Couture. Who you Pickin?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default James Toney Vs Randy Couture. Who you Pickin?

I hope Tonet wins for the sake of Boxing, But I really thing Couture is going to take his straight to the Ground & Pound.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: James Toney Vs Randy Couture. Who you Pickin?

On the feet Toney could annihilate Couture, but the fact is Randy takes most of his MMA opponents straight to the cage/floor, he's far too intelligent to stand with Toney and will make a spectacle of ripping Toney assunder on the floor, by GnP or sub.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no way in hell Couture remains on his feet exchanging toe to toe with Mr Lights out. it'll end up on the mat and Toney will be more than likely confused and will slowly get grind down.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you know what, ima go on a limb and say toney. I see randy trying to get the takedown and getting hit by them lil gloves by a toney massive hook and nitey nitey captain america

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mellamomarcos View Post
    you know what, ima go on a limb and say toney. I see randy trying to get the takedown and getting hit by them lil gloves by a toney massive hook and nitey nitey captain america
    It's a fight of who has the most left....I think Toney left boxing because he's not able to compete at the top level anymore and that by itself is a little scary for me because I hope he wins.

I think Randy wins because Toney will try and punch with him and Randy will tie him up and push him toward the edge of the cage. Toney being a slick defensive fighter only helps if Randy throws from deep and allows Toney to counter him, if that happens even once that match it's all over for Randy and I think Randy knows that, respects that and it'll be the last thing he should and will do.

I think Toney will fight gamely, I doubt Randy taps him, I see Randy by UD

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu apprentice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mellamomarcos View Post
    It's a fight of who has the most left....I think Toney left boxing because he's not able to compete at the top level anymore and that by itself is a little scary for me because I hope he wins.

I think Randy wins because Toney will try and punch with him and Randy will tie him up and push him toward the edge of the cage. Toney being a slick defensive fighter only helps if Randy throws from deep and allows Toney to counter him, if that happens even once that match it's all over for Randy and I think Randy knows that, respects that and it'll be the last thing he should and will do.

I think Toney will fight gamely, I doubt Randy taps him, I see Randy by UD
    WOW !

I love Toney and I hope he somehow KO's Randy, if it happens it will happen quick and in the first round if they stand up.

But NO WAY could it EVER go to a decision.

If it goes to the ground Toney is getting tapped out or somethin broke if he doesn't.

Couture just tapped out Coleman, who is a foolish old ass clown, but def has way better submission defense and takedown defense than James Toney.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    WOW !

I love Toney and I hope he somehow KO's Randy, if it happens it will happen quick and in the first round if they stand up.

If it goes to the ground Toney is getting tapped out or somethin broke if he doesn't.

Couture just tapped out Coleman, who is a foolish old ass clown, but def has way better submission defense and takedown defense than James Toney.
    I doubt Randy gets Toney on the ground, I think he'll press him up against the cage for the majority of the fight.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu apprentice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    WOW !

I doubt Randy gets Toney on the ground, I think he'll press him up against the cage for the majority of the fight.
    Why do you think that Lyle ?
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i said it once ill say it again, toney stands as much of a chance in a mma fight against couture as couture has a chance in a ring with toney, there is no way this fight will go for toney, its not a matter of if couture will take him down, but what he will do when he gets there,couture is not that stupid

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy View Post
    I hope Tonet wins for the sake of Boxing, But I really thing Couture is going to take his straight to the Ground & Pound.
    Everyone seems to think that Cotoure will be able to take Toney down easily but two of Randys fights with Chuck were stand up fights. Chuck kept him on the end of his punches all night then knocked him out. Toney is better with his fists than Liddell so I dont see why he cant do the same to a much older Randy.

It was a punch that stopped him vs Brock. Randy has the advantage on the floor but he is so old now that I think he will struggle to take it their and get knocked out trying to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I say that the variety of punches that Toney can throw with power on the inside catches Couture way out of his game and KO's him coming in no problems atall..... Sweet win for boxing....

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post
    I say that the variety of punches that Toney can throw with power on the inside catches Couture way out of his game and KO's him coming in no problems atall..... Sweet win for boxing....
    I like his reply .

The rest of you suck you should be ashamed of yourselves

( I dont think he stands much of a chance either).
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is one of those fights that should not take place, maybe as an exhibition match but not to be taken seriously. Exploiting a sport for a paycheck just because focus has shifted from "your" sport to another is nothing but money centered motivation at best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Everyone seems to think that Cotoure will be able to take Toney down easily but two of Randys fights with Chuck were stand up fights. Chuck kept him on the end of his punches all night then knocked him out. Toney is better with his fists than Liddell so I dont see why he cant do the same to a much older Randy.
    Liddell has insane take-down defence though.. he's probably one of the best around at keeping the fight standing, and couture knew that. Can you say the same for Toney? you can't learn in sixth months how to defend against a accomplished wrestler who's been at it for decades.

That said, i'm still going with Toney. He isn't stupid. He knows he isn't going to have it all his own way and he's adapting and learning.. there were even some rumours he tapped out 'king mo', the strikeforce light-heavyweight champion, which if is true, shows Toney is definitely learning a few new tricks. I don't think couture has enough physicality about him to literally push Toney against the cage either, so I don't think we'll see that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Couture wont take the chances to stand with him.. theres too much on the line for his boss Dana White... he's going to take him to the ground and submit him.

.. but if toney catches him while couture is coming in for the take down.. well, lights out

Thread Information