Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ufc 116.....

Was a decent bout....I mean people still forget Brock has very very few MMA fights and all of his 6 have been against top guys....I mean Mir 2, Herring, Carwin....Thats 4 fights against world renown guys who have been fighting MMA for years,,,

Brock Learned his lesson in the first Mir fight and he will fix what he did wrong in this one if they meet again....He himself said he was humbled......Brock is the least experienced MMA fighter in the HW division among the top caliber guys yet he stands on top of them all....There is something to be said about that.....

I mean shit man a Triangle Choke!!!!!!.....Brock has been nothing but a wrestler.....Other then Herring he has stopped everyone else...Tough man....And regardless of him being rocked by a monster monster puncher....he was not too impressive with his defense obviously but no one else to this point has been able to handle Carwins power...

And the thing is I was hoping Carwin would knock him the fuck out just because Brock is a cocky fucker...Shit!!!!!

Carwin will be back!!!!....Hopefully his psyche is strong and being submitted won't hurt him

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ufc 116

Didn't stay up for the event and now I'm pretty glad.

This is just my take and perhaps I'm being critical- but the main event was weak.
    Carwin's conditioning was abysmal and for me Brock showed some esevere technical shortcomings.
    It doesn't take a blackbelt to take a submission from the side or the mount. It took Brock AGES to get an arm triangle on a gassed Carwin?! My frustration were then compounded when Carwin failed to bridge, shrimp or fight the sub in any way.

Surprised leben won too. Lytle showing his dexterity again, happy for that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Felt a bit sorry for Carwin really. Really thought the ref would stop it. Suppose Lesner won fair and square though. I think a re match is a definate. Carwin looked HUGE.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post

This is just my take and perhaps I'm being critical- but the main event was weak.
    Carwin's conditioning was abysmal and for me Brock showed some esevere technical shortcomings.
    It doesn't take a blackbelt to take a submission from the side or the mount. It took Brock AGES to get an arm triangle on a gassed Carwin?! My frustration were then compounded when Carwin failed to bridge, shrimp or fight the sub in any way.

Hey Donny, good to see you back on the board man. I didn't find the main event weak, I thought that first round was truly truly epic, to see Brock get battered like that.

Shame he got gassed and the ending was a bit quick but man do I want to see a rematch.

Carwin must have wrecking balls for fists!!

Give Brock his credit though, he came back from a hiding and turned it around.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carwin showed the plans to beat Brock but he gassed now i have no doubt Cain will beat Brocks ass in two! Comon Cain! Bring the pain!
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Re: Ufc 116

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Does Dana White tell his fighters to act like they're in the WWE or are they all just juvinile idiots?
    I think you nailed it on this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mattboxingfan View Post
    Carwin showed the plans to beat Brock but he gassed now i have no doubt Cain will beat Brocks ass in two! Comon Cain! Bring the pain!
    Velazquez is no where near the puncher Carwin is...Shaner hits like no bodies business...Cain has stoppages against guy expected to be stopped by a kid his age coming up....No Cain does not beat Brock right now in my opp.........

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post

Hey Donny, good to see you back on the board man. I didn't find the main event weak, I thought that first round was truly truly epic, to see Brock get battered like that.

Shame he got gassed and the ending was a bit quick but man do I want to see a rematch.

To start with WOW WOW WOW in the words of Joe Rogan !

Agreed Bilbo, i thought the main event was awesome, full of everything ya wanted really. We all wanted to see Brock get into trouble and see how he dealt with it. And to his credit he rode the storm and came out the other end, albeit battered and bruised, but still standing and willing to go at it again. He quickly realised it's probably not best to trade with someone who can punch as strong as him ! So use your superior wrestling, take him down and do the damage there.

I for one was very suprised with the finish. And contrary to what some have said the positioning for the choke was quite someting. The way he moved himself from half gaurd mount position to full mount then quickly to side control for the choke was quality ! That was top quality BJJ ! I personally didnt think he had that skill set within him. As Daxx mentioned this was his 7th MMA fight, and 6th in the UFC. Bloody amazing really considering the level of opposition.

Carwin is the biggest man out there after Brock, If Shane carnt stop him then i do fear for the rest of the heavyweights out there, that includes Cain and Junior De Santos

Thought it was one of best UFC cards for a while tbh, just hope Anderson Silva performs to his level at UFC 117.
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

Great to see you too man...

I guess my criticism stems from the Fedor Werdum fight.
    Werdum was shipwrecked by a big punch from Emelianenko, but when he hit the floor he was very active from his half guard and mae two attempts at the triangle with Fedor looking to strike.
    For me Brock never showed that dexterity and in my view used lay and pray tactics.

That said- I'd LOVE a rematch and all credit to Brock

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post
    Felt a bit sorry for Carwin really. Really thought the ref would stop it. Suppose Lesner won fair and square though. I think a re match is a definate. Carwin looked HUGE.
    Ive seen the ref stop it for less but what happend next proves he made the right call. If it was an undercard fight any other fighter would have been stopped but because its Brock the ref let it go on.

Carwin has pretty poor cardio and was completely gassed after just a couple minutes of fighting. At his age I cant see his stamina improving. He is a 1 round fighter but if it goes past 5 minutes then he is there for the taking.

Brock has proven himself. I wasnt convinced after his first 3 fights but his last 2 have been exceptional and he has taken his game to another level. I was impressed with his ability to absorb ground and pound and comeback strong. I wasnt so impressed how he had an Audleyesk reaction to punches in stand up, turning his back, running away etc. Brock is the last person you would have expected to be falling around and cowering away but Shane is a massive hitter so we cant call Brock chinny.

Im going with Brock against Velasquez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Ive seen the ref stop it for less but what happend next proves he made the right call. If it was an undercard fight any other fighter would have been stopped but because its Brock the ref let it go on.

Carwin has pretty poor cardio and was completely gassed after just a couple minutes of fighting. At his age I cant see his stamina improving. He is a 1 round fighter but if it goes past 5 minutes then he is there for the taking.

Brock has proven himself. I wasnt convinced after his first 3 fights but his last 2 have been exceptional and he has taken his game to another level. I was impressed with his ability to absorb ground and pound and comeback strong. I wasnt so impressed how he had an Audleyesk reaction to punches in stand up, turning his back, running away etc. Brock is the last person you would have expected to be falling around and cowering away but Shane is a massive hitter so we cant call Brock chinny.

I think it might because Brock was never hit like that before and probably put him in shock.....But many big punchers and bullies are the same way ......Brock should have stood and fought though

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post

I think it might because Brock was never hit like that before and probably put him in shock.....But many big punchers and bullies are the same way ......Brock should have stood and fought though
    I really think Carwin is just that big a puncher that he can make anyone have an Audley reaction. I mean 12 fights, average fight length 1 min 8 secs, that is some SERIOUS power. When you factor in the the size of the gloves too, I would not want to climb into any octagon with that dude.

I really thought it was a great card, the main event was sic imo and I loved, loved, loved the Chris Leben fight as well.

For me the best MMA fights are now rivalling the best boxing fights, the skill sets are improving all the time, I guess our understanding as fans of what's going on increases the more we watch, and I think its a truly great sport now.

Sometimes the main events are a bit short, but that is countered by the fact that usually an entire fight card is entertaining so you get several hours worth of it.

I rreally liked the Strikeforce card too. Shame Fedor lost so quickly, but it was still amazing to see, but all of the undercard fights on that card were quality too. Great to see Cung Lee back on top, and the women surely have some heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Velazquez is no where near the puncher Carwin is...Shaner hits like no bodies business...Cain has stoppages against guy expected to be stopped by a kid his age coming up....No Cain does not beat Brock right now in my opp.........
    He was supposed to KO Nogueira? I don't think so that was one of the biggest shocks this year you must be joking he has only ever been stopped once previous to Cain smashing him and that was when he had an infection and lost to Mir!
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was supposed to KO Nogueira? I don't think so that was one of the biggest shocks this year you must be joking he has only ever been stopped once previous to Cain smashing him and that was when he had an infection and lost to Mir!

Agreed, if he can spark Nog out with one punch he can definitely hurt Lesnar. His speed may well be a problem. Very good fighter and cannot be underestimated, although I'd favour Brock once again.

Thread Information