Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Morales v Limond signed for 11th Sept:

By Jhonny Gonzalez

According to several reports in the Mexican press, Erik Morales (46-6, 34 KOs) has announced that he will defend his international WBC welterweight title against Willie Limond (33-2, 8KOs) on September 11 in Mexico City or Tijuana. Morales says he will be focused to put on a very strong performance for Mexican Independence Day.

Morales returned to boxing in March after being retired for several years. He won a decision over Jose Alfaro and wants to take tougher fights to get himself in line for a world title opportunity. Limond is the WBU champion at lightweight. Morales said they reached an agreement for a catch-weight below the welterweight limit.

"I don't want to face easy opponents. Limond has only two defeats in world championship bouts, and one of them was against Amir Khan," Morales said. "I want my opponent to make me showcase if I'm ready to fight for a world title. In the fight against Limond, my title will be at stake, but the fight was agreed to at a weight less than this division."

Morales also denied published reports that he would fighting Paul Spadafora.

"I am surprised that Paul Spadafora's people had said that he could be my opponent because there is nothing to that," Morales said.

Bit off an odd fight Limond has been very active, suppose he has decent skills and will give a totally shot Morales a good work out.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Morales v Limond signed for 11th Sept:

Erik allows the fight to go a couple of rounds in order to get himself some rounds. He ends it around the 4th. 3rd if he has things to attend to

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Limond is a Superfeatherweight at best. This is plain bizarre for me. A shot Morales vs Willie Limond.... at Welterweight....... proves what..... Nothing what so ever surely.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bit of a weird matchup, Morales should win easily enough. I've no idea what this Morales comeback is all about really, he has no legs and is way too heavy up top.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Bit of a weird matchup, Morales should win easily enough. I've no idea what this Morales comeback is all about really, he has no legs and is way too heavy up top.
    Agreed, this is strange. Who do ya think he is angling for in the welterweight division, Khan possibly ?

My opinion - he should stay retired
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyhitman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Agreed, this is strange. Who do ya think he is angling for in the welterweight division, Khan possibly ?

My opinion - he should stay retired
    haha..... A fight with Khan, I can see them peddling that as we speak..... No doubt.... And Khan saying "Now I've beat two mexicans legends" Haha.... I think your right Matt.....
    Last edited by TheMacMagician; 07-06-2010 at 02:03 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not a bad fight. Both guys will show alot of heart and neither comes to run.

Limond I expect will box behind a high guard inching forward, keeping tight and trying to make his shots count. Erik wont be controlled and will come back firing with better everytime Limond lets his shots go. After 3 or 4 rounds the class of Erik will begin to show and he will secure a stoppage win in the late rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TBH.. Paul Spadafora would probably give him more trouble than this guy. Morales better get out before it's too late. But, what do I know? I just get tired of him getting beaten up and down the ring like a rag-doll.
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This was talked about a bit a few months ago as I recall, and my reaction is much the same now as it was then. Really? Erik Morales is a world name, Limond is most famous for knocking Khan over before not capitalising and getting KO'd himself shortly afterward. Unless Morales is gunning for Khan, it's a very weird one.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is all about Morales wanting to beat Barrera to winning 4 titles in different weight classes. I think JMM has the best shot to beat them both to it, he could pick one up at LWW. Limond's record is very padded, I wouldn't count on him making it to the final bell.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    This is all about Morales wanting to beat Barrera to winning 4 titles in different weight classes. I think JMM has the best shot to beat them both to it, he could pick one up at LWW. Limond's record is very padded, I wouldn't count on him making it to the final bell.
    Agreed

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    Agreed
    if we wanna get technical Morales' should already have his titles in 4 weight classes, the David Diaz fight was pure bullshit

Thread Information