Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing Purses vs MMA Purses

Quote Originally Posted by Caine3078 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    The main guys in boxing fight maybe twice a year MAYBE. So in that there is much more buildup for those bouts than you have with a MMA match.
    How many times did the main draws of MMA, Lesner and GSP fight last year?
    What you fail to realize is Lesnar and GSP are not the only MAIN draws MMA. They have Several.

Machida
    Rampage
    Big Nog
    Anderson Silva
    BJ Penn
    Shogun
    Fedor
    Dan Henderson
    Randy Couture

In boxing right now as far as MAIN draw guys the guys that can really bring in the money there are only two Manny and Floyd. Yes lesser boxers do make more money then the main guys of MMA and thats because the sport has been around longer and has more of an established audience. MMA is still a relatively new sport and is growing.
    Maybe what you fail to realize, is that there is more to this sport then just PAC and PBF. The super six alone has guys getting paid 1 mill per fight and it isn't just because we like to pay our athletes better. There is a lot of interest. How many of those fighters can you name that are getting 1 mill per fight? How about Haye? He's pulling some big numbers and it'll increase if he continues to perform. How about the Klitchko's when they fight? The list goes on and on. It isn't just because boxing is established. wtf? Not our fault the UFC takes the lions share of revenues, and doesn't compensate so many of their stars in the sport, when even so close to the pinnacle of it, they are still getting peanuts.

They are going to wake up one day and realize how badly they are getting fukked over by Dana White and the UFC. This is a combat sport. The next fight might be your last. Carwin, 40 k ? wtf?

But hey, you're sick of the ridiculous debate of MMA vs boxing, so i'll just quit now so I don't help you propagate another fallacy.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The main guys in boxing fight maybe twice a year MAYBE. So in that there is much more buildup for those bouts than you have with a MMA match.
    What you fail to realize is Lesnar and GSP are not the only MAIN draws MMA. They have Several.

Machida
    Rampage
    Big Nog
    Anderson Silva
    BJ Penn
    Shogun
    Fedor
    Dan Henderson
    Randy Couture

In boxing right now as far as MAIN draw guys the guys that can really bring in the money there are only two Manny and Floyd. Yes lesser boxers do make more money then the main guys of MMA and thats because the sport has been around longer and has more of an established audience. MMA is still a relatively new sport and is growing.
    Maybe what you fail to realize, is that there is more to this sport then just PAC and PBF. The super six alone has guys getting paid 1 mill per fight and it isn't just because we like to pay our athletes better. There is a lot of interest. How many of those fighters can you name that are getting 1 mill per fight? How about Haye? He's pulling some big numbers and it'll increase if he continues to perform. How about the Klitchko's when they fight? The list goes on and on. It isn't just because boxing is established. wtf? Not our fault the UFC takes the lions share of revenues, and doesn't compensate so many of their stars in the sport, when even so close to the pinnacle of it, they are still getting peanuts.

They are going to wake up one day and realize how badly they are getting fukked over by Dana White and the UFC. This is a combat sport. The next fight might be your last. Carwin, 40 k ? wtf?

But hey, you're sick of the ridiculous debate of MMA vs boxing, so i'll just quit now so I don't help you propagate another fallacy.

Love this debate

Dan Henderson wanted 1 mill for his next fight in UFC, Dana basically told him to go fcuk himself and he left for Strikeforce, and got beat in his next fight lol serves ya right Dan !

From what i remember even Fedor didnt get offered 1 mill to come across to UFC, and he's arguably the most sought after MMA fighter not in the UFC
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyhitman View Post

Machida
    Rampage
    Big Nog
    Anderson Silva
    BJ Penn
    Shogun
    Fedor
    Dan Henderson
    Randy Couture

Love this debate

Dan Henderson wanted 1 mill for his next fight in UFC, Dana basically told him to go fcuk himself and he left for Strikeforce, and got beat in his next fight lol serves ya right Dan !

From what i remember even Fedor didnt get offered 1 mill to come across to UFC, and he's arguably the most sought after MMA fighter not in the UFC
    I am starting to smell wind up artist attempting in this thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So you are really going to tell me that boxing being an established sport with DECADES of establishment has nothing to do with how much boxers are getting paid? For real? I'm sorry but the super six while I love it because I'm a boxing fanatic isn't getting that much interest at all. 1 mil per fight for a boxer is nothing and thats just real. You know it as well as I do. How many casual boxing fans care about David Haye? Boxing does as well as it does because its been around forever and its fan base is set although it has been on a decline lately with a lack of superstars. Yes there are some fighters out there that have the potential to be superstars but they are not there yet. You can't honestly tell me anyone in the super six is a superstar. Ward is a superstar in the making but he's not there yet. The klits aren't superstars either because if they were majority of boxing fans wouldn't think the heavyweight division was shitty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People have to realize the A. Boxing has been around forever. MMA has been around what maybe 20 years? And only recently gathered a main stream audience. B. There is an MMA PPV every single month how often to you get a great boxing match? The main guys in boxing fight maybe twice a year MAYBE. So in that there is much more buildup for those bouts than you have with a MMA match. People have to stop this MMA vs Boxing garbage because I tell you what if they both came into existence at the same time MMA would be vastly more popular than boxing. I love both sports but get sick of the ridiculous debate and the constant boxing fans downing MMA and MMA fans doing the same with boxing.
    They might be overdoing it with all these PPV's once or even twice a month - too much of a good thing. My brother follows MMA pretty close & he sees guys on chat rooms start complaining that certain fights are not PPV worthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyhitman View Post
    [

Someone told me yesterday that Dan also talked about starting a union in UFC - I could see Dana telling Dan to get lost for that reason too. Can you imagine a work stoppage in UFC if they became unionized.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i personally enjoyed the ufc 116 card much more entertaining than anything boxing has given me for a long while

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can look at it any way you want it but Carwin, a major draw to the gates with his flashy K.O power getting only 40k is beyond the mountain of ludicrousness. A main draw 40K? Can't believe how shit Zuffa are on that side.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    You can look at it any way you want it but Carwin, a major draw to the gates with his flashy K.O power getting only 40k is beyond the mountain of ludicrousness. A main draw 40K? Can't believe how shit Zuffa are on that side.

You gotta realize the UFC fighters sign a contract in that contract it states how much they will get per fight. When carwin signed with the UFC he was not a main draw. Hell no one outside of die hard MMA fans even knew who he was. His contract amount was $40K but that does not include the ppv % he got nor the back stage bonuses he gets. When fighters in the UFC begin to exceed the level of their current contract they get backstage bonuses to compensate for their contract amount until the sign a new one. People who don't follow MMA that closely don't know about that. Fighters also get alot of cash from sponsorships.

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

not really into MMA... is Big Daddy still kicking Giant Haystacks arse every saturday afternoon....

EASY...EASY...EASY

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You gotta realize the UFC fighters sign a contract in that contract it states how much they will get per fight. When carwin signed with the UFC he was not a main draw. Hell no one outside of die hard MMA fans even knew who he was. His contract amount was $40K but that does not include the ppv % he got nor the back stage bonuses he gets. When fighters in the UFC begin to exceed the level of their current contract they get backstage bonuses to compensate for their contract amount until the sign a new one. People who don't follow MMA that closely don't know about that. Fighters also get alot of cash from sponsorships.
    I understand what you say. However, I still disagree with the whole thing. A correct thing would be to have a contract with an movable basic amount depending of what you achieve and what is your significance in the organization, why would Brock have a basic of 10 times more than Carwin as both are huge draw? I am not necessarily speaking exactly the same but something that would get close to a 60-40. Even with the sponsorship, 40K basic is not that much, especially because the sponsors won't give him an additional 100K for a night.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I understand what you say. However, I still disagree with the whole thing. A correct thing would be to have a contract with an movable basic amount depending of what you achieve and what is your significance in the organization, why would Brock have a basic of 10 times more than Carwin as both are huge draw? I am not necessarily speaking exactly the same but something that would get close to a 60-40. Even with the sponsorship, 40K basic is not that much, especially because the sponsors won't give him an additional 100K for a night.
    Brock is a much much much bigger draw than carwin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree, $40K is peanuts & the reason that fight was a big draw was due to both Brock & Shane & his impressive record. I also read that only Brock received a % of PPV sales, not Shane.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brock is a much much much bigger draw than carwin.
    Even then, Carwin was hugely popular and did contribute largely to the massive PPV sale, as I said, I am ok that they do not receive the same amount but from 500 000 to 40K the gap is way way too important in my opinion.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRazor View Post

I agree, $40K is peanuts & the reason that fight was a big draw was due to both Brock & Shane & his impressive record. I also read that only Brock received a % of PPV sales, not Shane.
    Couldn't agree more.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information